There is no doubt that you can make money from guest blogging if you do the right things. The foundation for success with guest blogging is the post that you create. It needs to be high quality and demonstrate your expertise in the subject that you are writing about. Here are some great guest post writing guidelines to follow:
- Read and follow the guidelines from the blog owner/editor – you need to be clear about what is acceptable and what isn’t. Your post will not be accepted if you do not conform with specific guidelines and rules
- Write a guest post that solves a problem the audience is having – people want answers to their problems. When you are able to provide this with the proof to back it up then your post will get a lot of views and shared a lot
- Demonstrate your expertise in a guest post – this is your chance to shine. Demonstrate that you know what you are talking about in your post
- Make your guest post flow well for high engagement – structure your post well so that it engages people and keeps them wanting to read from start to finish
- Optimize your guest post for SEO – do your keyword research and add headings using H2 and H3 tags to catch the attention of the search engines
- Proofread your post thoroughly for grammar and spelling issues – guest posts are supposed to be of the highest quality so if yours is full of spelling and grammar errors then you should be ashamed of yourself!
- Include a related call to action – don’t just add a link back to your home page. Pont the reader to a page on your site that relates to the post you have written and adds more value
So now we will take a look at 40 ways that you can make money with guest blogging. You will find various methods here that will work for you if you put in the effort and make the right approach.
Sell Guest Post Writing Services
Guest posting is in demand because not many writers can meet the high standards that it demands. So you need to get yourself out there and let people know that you have the skills and are ready to help them. Here are some great ways that you can make money from selling your guest post writing services:
- 1. Freelancing Job Sites – Sell your guest post writing services on the large freelancing job sites such as Upwork.com, Guru.com and Freelancer.com. You will need to create a professional and persuasive profile and bid for jobs. Also create a portfolio showcasing your best work
- 2. Gig Based Sites – You can post gigs on websites like Fiverr.com and PeoplePerHour.com offering your guest post writing services. Fiverr.com has changed and you can now charge much more than $5 for a gig. A good profile is essential and the gigs need to be persuasive
- 3. Advertise on Forums – Find forums that have a marketplace where you can advertise your guest post writing service. The Warrior Forum is a good example and there will be others in different niches
- 4. Write for Content Mills – Don’t expect to make a fortune by writing guest posts for content mills but sometimes you might just need that extra money. There is also the opportunity to make some good connections here
- 5. Find Influencers that need High Quality content – There are a lot of influencers out there who will come up with great ideas all of the time but they do not want to (or cannot) write quality content around these ideas. This is where you come in. Spend some time finding these people and give them your best pitch
- 6. Find Guest Post writing Partners – Have you thought about partnering with other guest post writers? This can be a great way for you to make a name for yourself and beneficial to both parties as you share the work. They will know people that you don’t so look for some good partners
- 7. Create a Guest Posting course – There are a lot of people out there that know the value of guest blogging but don’t know how to go about it. Turn your skills into a high quality training course that you can sell for a premium
- 8. Write a Book about Guest Blogging – It will take time to write your book but then you can sell it on Amazon Kindle and other self publishing networks. This will also improve your credibility as people are always impressed if you have written a book
- 9. Offer Guest Post writing consultancy – You can provide one on one online coaching to students that want to learn how to write a guest post that will be accepted by high traffic blogging sites.
- 10. Offer Guest Post pitching consultancy – It is one thing being able to write a guest post but it is another being able to pitch to website owners and editors. If you have experience of doing this then you can charge for consultancy because the demand is high for this
- 11. Offer Partial Guest Posting Services – You can offer partial services to other guest bloggers such as keyword research, general research, a guest post critique, writing the post for them using their research and data and so on.
These are all great ways to sell your guest post writing skills. Competition on freelancing and gig sites can be tough but once you get a foothold the clients will roll in. Just get in front of the customers and use videos as well as text to promote your services. Always provide proof of how good you are.
Sell your Guest Posts to other Websites
There are a number of websites and blogs that will pay you for your high quality guest posts. You can find 20 of these websites here for starters. What can you earn from these websites? Well they all vary but expect to earn at least $25 to $100 and more.
- 12. Find Blogs that pay for Guest Posts – There are many niche blog sites that will pay you to write guest posts for them. They are not going to pay you a fortune for your posts but if you are in the same niches then you can benefit in other ways
- 13. Directly approach high traffic Blog Owners / Editors – This is where the money gets bigger but the task is harder. Owners and editors of high traffic blogs receive pitches from content writers all of the time so you need to stand out from the crowd
- 14. Write customized Guest Posts for any Blog – While it is always better to write for blogs in your niche you can offer to write guest posts for blogs in other niches. It will require you to conduct more research but it is still a good way to make money
- 15. Write and sell List Posts – List posts are very popular and in demand. One of the most popular sites that will pay you for good list posts is ListVerse.com. This can be a little risky as writing a list post that will go viral can take some doing
- 16. Sell Guest Posts to Content Aggregators – There are a few content aggregators that will pay you for guest posts or even syndication rights.
- 17. Sell your Posts to Magazines – The opportunities to make money with your guest posts are rarer with magazines but they will normally pay well and you can make excellent connections with editors
- 18. Find Clients with the GuestPost.com List – GuestPost.com offer high quality lists of sites that accept guest posts and high profile bloggers and influencers. There are free lists and more comprehensive lists if you go for the Pro package at $19 a month
- 19. Directly Approach SEO Agencies – These days you need high quality backlinks from good websites to rank well in Google and the other search engines. SEO agencies know this and they also know that guest blogging will provide these backlinks. So approach them and offer your services. Some agencies have a large number of clients so they will be looking for a lot of guest posts
- 20. Directly Approach Marketing Companies and Agencies – Marketing companies know the power of digital marketing and content marketing in particular. Many will be assisting their clients with digital marketing campaigns and guest blogging should be part of their strategy
- 21. Directly Approach Large Brands – OK it is not easy to get in front of large brands when you are a freelance guest post writer. You need to speak to the right people such as marketing managers or you can try an indirect route by talking to SEO or marketing agencies that work with them. Do whatever you need to do to get your foot in the door because the rewards will be there
If you want to sell your guest posts (and you should) then be prepared to put the effort in to find the right opportunities. Most people will do the minimum here so go the extra mile and uncover opportunities that others were too lazy to find.
When you are pitching your guest posts you need to be confident and have proof to back up how good you are. SEO agencies will want to see how you have generated high quality backlinks for example so make sure that you can show them this.
Make Money with Guest Posts on your Own Blog
You have the ability to write high quality guest posts that will generate targeted traffic so why not use this skill to add content to your own blog? With targeted traffic a world of possibilities are available to make money. So let’s take a look at some good monetization strategies.
- 22. Google Adsense – Targeted traffic and Google Adsense ads usually mean regular income. OK you are not going to make enough to retire early but you can be earning from posts that you made a long time ago.
- 23. Sell Advertising Space on your Blog – There are always companies and individuals interested in placing their ads on blogs that have good targeted traffic. You can find these people at websites such as BuySellAds.com where you can negotiate a deal. Sometimes you can receive an approach from companies that have visited your blog and like what they see
- 24. Offer Sponsored Guest Posts – You do not have to write any guest posts for this. Just tell your visitors that if they want to submit guest posts they can do this for a payment. They will like the idea of traffic and a quality backlink from your blog
- 25. Sell Newsletter Ads – You have an email list and you send out a regular newsletter to all of your subscribers (if you are not doing this then start today). So you can sell newsletter ads. The content has to be high quality so you can either offer to write the ad or vet ads provided to you
- 26. Offer to Review Products – There is no payment for writing the review but you can make money from placing an affiliate link in it. You will also get a product for free when you do this. Provide an honest review – warts and all. You only want to review high quality products that will sell
- 27. Create a Membership Site – Imagine receiving payments every month from people wanting to access your high quality content. Well you can do this by creating a membership area where you wall off your top content
- 28. Create your own Digital Product and sell it – We mentioned earlier that you could create a high quality training course on guest blogging and sell this. So why not sell it from your own blog? You can create other digital products too that will help your audience. Don’t forget that you can outsource most or all of the work involved in digital product creation
- 29. Sell Books and Case Studies – We are talking about books that you create here. You have a captive audience that is interested in your niche so write a book that will help them. Case studies and industry research reports are good as well
- 30. Sell Consulting – You are an expert in your niche and you have a number of visitors that would love to know what you know. So offer a consulting service where you can charge a high rate per hour. You can offer one on one consulting or even small group consulting sessions
- 31. Sell Physical Products – If physical products fit well in your niche then you can sell them from your blog on the back of your high quality content. You can either have products created locally or purchase private label using services such as Alibaba.com. You will need to present your product(s) well with high quality images and descriptions
- 32. Sell Digital Services – When you have high quality content on your blog it provides the platform to offer digital services to your visitors. Of course you can sell guest post services but you can consider other offers such as copywriting, graphic design, web design and development, SEO services and so on. You can partner up with people that are good at these things if you are not
- 33. Sell Physical Services – You may be in a niche where physical services are in demand such as plumbing, dentistry, plastic surgery and so on. You can use your guest blogging skills to drive targeted traffic and then sell your physical services to your visitors
If you don’t have your own products or services or are looking for other ways to supplement your income through the high quality content on your blog you can promote other peoples offers as an affiliate.
- 34. Make Commissions promoting Digital Products and Services – If there are good quality related digital products and services available then you can become an affiliate and promote them on the back of your high quality blog posts. You can write a guest post around the problem that the product or service solves and then provide an affiliate link at the end
- 35. Make Commissions promoting Physical Products – You have the opportunity to promote related physical products to your audience by becoming an Amazon Associate. Amazon sells just about everything these days and you will receive a small commission for every sale through your affiliate link
- 36. Partner with Others for Commissions – Do you know people that offer consulting services in your niche? Or maybe people that offer other services that your audience would be interested in. Make a deal with them to earn a commission for every time they get a new client from one of the guest posts on your blog
- 37. Make Money with Arbitrage – OK this is not really affiliate marketing but it is a good idea. Some of your visitors will need services that you cannot perform yourself such as graphic design and SEO. So find good providers of these services on freelancing or gig websites and then add your cut on top when you sell these services through your content
- 38. Make Recurring Commissions by referring Membership Sites – If there are high quality membership sites in your niche then write guest post quality posts around what they do and earn recurring commissions. Most membership sites have an affiliate program that you can join and some offer very generous commissions for referrals
- 39. Refer your Visitors to Premium Courses – There are a lot of high quality online training courses that you can find and refer your visitors to. Platforms like Udemy.com have courses available in a wide range of niches and they have an affiliate program. Check out any courses you want to refer first to make sure that they are right for your audience
- 40. Make Money with Drop Shipping – Again not affiliate marketing but you can make money by driving visitors to your drop shipping store from your high quality content. There are a lot of companies that offer drop shipping services and all you have to do is to promote the products for a profit and they will take care of everything else
Get Started Today
So now you have 40 great ways to make money from guest blogging. We recommend that you chose the methods that best suit your circumstances and start working on them today. You deserve to make money on the back of the quality content that you produce so take action right now to earn the income that you deserve.
We accept guest posts and sponsored posts!Sharing is caring! Link to this article:
40 Ways To Make Money Guest Blogging!
Please Rate This Article:
If you like this article, then please give us a rating by locating “user rating” (see below) and click on a star between 1-5. If you like this article, then please share this page on your favorite social media platform. We appreciate you taking the time to visit our site.