Join
+ 36 more

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
It seems like everyone these days is looking to make some kind of money online. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not know how to get started with making an income online. Here are three simple ways to start making money online.

Online Auctions

Selling items on online auctions is a very simple way to start earning some money online. All you need to do is take pictures of whatever you are selling, create an account on a site like eBay and make a great listing. That's really all there is to it. There is, of course, a huge amount of information about selling on online auctions so you want to be sure to educate yourself before you get started.

Affiliate Marketing

Affiliate marketing is another simple online money making option to get started with that won't cost you a lot to get started. You just have to decide on the products that you are going to promote then sign up with a reputable affiliate company. Then you will want to create a blog or website to promote your products and market your business. Then hopefully you will be ready to start bringing in commissions.

Paid Surveys

Paid surveys can be another simple way to make a nice amount of money from home. You just need to look for reputable survey sites and start taking surveys and participating in focus groups. It is a fairly simple way to make money online as most paid survey sites are easy to sign up with to get started.

This is really just the start of the simple things that you can do to start making an income online. As always making money online is about what you put into it so if you don't want to put in the work then making money online is not for you.

Heatman

Credits
Those three ways discussed in the article are definitely good channels through which one can make money working online. A friend of mine actually started online auctions on shoes (unisex) and jewelries. She is actually making a really good deal of money from the business. Also doing paid surveys is a great way to earn money online by simply signing up on these survey sites and fill the surveys which you are tasked to and get paid in the process. This is one of the easiest ways to make money online.

KellyGeo

Credits
Affiliate marketing is one good way of making money online, I know lots of people who are engaged with more than one company as their affiliate marketer and they are getting good commissions for promoting these companies products once its sold using their affiliate links. Paid surveys are good as well especially if the survey sites offers are available in your country. It's an easy way to earn money online.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Affiliate marketing is one good way of making money online, I know lots of people who are engaged with more than one company as their affiliate marketer and they are getting good commissions for promoting these companies products once its sold using their affiliate links. Paid surveys are good as well especially if the survey sites offers are available in your country. It's an easy way to earn money online.
I have seen people attempt to juggle multiple affiliates sites which is not a good idea, running and updating just one affiliate site can be a chore, but if you are trying to run 10 then it will not be easy having to constantly update 10 sites with content, build links, and so forth, and it just so happens the person I saw trying to run these 10 affiliate websites failed; he spent a lot of money on the sites and was still spending money up until he quit, so if you thinking running multple site is an easy task, then it is not, as it takes alot of commitment and hard work just trying to get one site off the ground.

KellyGeo

Credits
I have seen people attempt to juggle multiple affiliates sites which is not a good idea, running and updating just one affiliate site can be a chore, but if you are trying to run 10 then it will not be easy having to constantly update 10 sites with content, build links, and so forth, and it just so happens the person I saw trying to run these 10 affiliate websites failed; he spent a lot of money on the sites and was still spending money up until he quit, so if you thinking running multple site is an easy task, then it is not, as it takes alot of commitment and hard work just trying to get one site off the ground.
It's true that trying to work as an affiliate marketer for more than one company is very tasking and demanding because whatever job you have to do must be multiplied into the number of companies which you work. It's never easy at all. A good mentor of mine once told me that it's not advisable to put two hands in the mouth at the same time. Take things slowly, and one step at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
It's true that trying to work as an affiliate marketer for more than one company is very tasking and demanding because whatever job you have to do must be multiplied into the number of companies which you work. It's never easy at all. A good mentor of mine once told me that it's not advisable to put two hands in the mouth at the same time. Take things slowly, and one step at a time.
People often try to spread themselves to thin and to be honest, I would rather support this site by posting on this forum, then posting on other forums that I do not care that much about, and it really depends on your personal priorities are; It does not really matter if you want things to happen on the sites you are working on, none of that matter until google thinks you are ready, or you are using other means of getting traffic to your websites, and I think it is would be less stressful to work on a site you believe in rather than 10 sites hoping that just one will succeed.

KellyGeo

Credits
People often try to spread themselves to thin and to be honest, I would rather support this site by posting on this forum, then posting on other forums that I do not care that much about, and it really depends on your personal priorities are; It does not really matter if you want things to happen on the sites you are working on, none of that matter until google thinks you are ready, or you are using other means of getting traffic to your websites, and I think it is would be less stressful to work on a site you believe in rather than 10 sites hoping that just one will succeed.
When you spread yourself across too many sites is going to have a negative impact on your work rate and work quality. So, it's in your best interest to try as much as you can to stick with one site or highest two sites because once you are divided or you are spread across so many places that you're going to work, it's going to make your work to be shabby and as a result of this it's going to be very hard for you to offer anything that google is going to pick up.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
When you spread yourself across too many sites is going to have a negative impact on your work rate and work quality. So, it's in your best interest to try as much as you can to stick with one site or highest two sites because once you are divided or you are spread across so many places that you're going to work, it's going to make your work to be shabby and as a result of this it's going to be very hard for you to offer anything that google is going to pick up.
I do not think anyone should attempt a 2nd site until the first site is showing some level of success. People always say, don't put all your eggs in one basket, but in this case, spreading your eggs in many baskets is not a good thing. If you have the right niche site, then why would you want another site if the first site is making money? If you want the first site to make money, then put more effort into that site so it will make more money.

KellyGeo

Credits
I do not think anyone should attempt a 2nd site until the first site is showing some level of success. People always say, don't put all your eggs in one basket, but in this case, spreading your eggs in many baskets is not a good thing. If you have the right niche site, then why would you want another site if the first site is making money? If you want the first site to make money, then put more effort into that site so it will make more money.
That assertion "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" isn't meant for all situations and scenarios and websites development and management isn't a field one can say spread one's resources in so many ways because it would all lead to poor management and as such mares the success of the website growth. Online business is something that requires a lot of focus when building it up and breaking up one's focus to reach other aspects of the job that you want to be jack of would only hurt your business. Stick to one and have it perfected before moving into another.

Credits
That assertion "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" isn't meant for all situations and scenarios and websites development and management isn't a field one can say spread one's resources in so many ways because it would all lead to poor management and as such mares the success of the website growth. Online business is something that requires a lot of focus when building it up and breaking up one's focus to reach other aspects of the job that you want to be jack of would only hurt your business. Stick to one and have it perfected before moving into another.
I agree with this. If you don't have that many eggs or you don't have that many assets, you won't be benefiting much from spreading it to different baskets. You'll only be spreading yourself thin and you won't gain anything by going this route.

As @DGStaff has already said, when it comes to websites, we should wait until our first one is established before creating a new one. Because a website takes a lot of work to make it successful.

Heatman

Credits
From my experience and observations, online jobs and the use of websites for generating traffic is a kind of work that requires concentration of resources and energy in one project, than trying to spread such resources thin to cover more area. If such resources are divided, it's only going to result in not fully realizing the full potential of the website set up at the initial stage for either affiliate marketing link promotion or other business purposes.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
From my experience and observations, online jobs and the use of websites for generating traffic is a kind of work that requires concentration of resources and energy in one project, than trying to spread such resources thin to cover more area. If such resources are divided, it's only going to result in not fully realizing the full potential of the website set up at the initial stage for either affiliate marketing link promotion or other business purposes.
We do not currently have any plans of working on other projects or websites, and this one can prove to be a challenge, and I would not be interested in posting on more then one forum if more then one forum was involved, so you can put down any conspiracy theories of @DigitalGlobal working on anything else, and with his full-time job, then he would not have time to engage in more projects, and I would not be interested in more projects either.

KellyGeo

Credits
You are very correct @Heatman, there are some work or jobs that requires one's full concentration because it's the only way of getting the best out of such jobs and online jobs is among such work especially if you have a new website which you are just nursing up from scratch. It is going to be taking all that you have to offer in order to bring your new website to the standard which you need it to be at in order to make the most benefit from it.

KellyGeo

Credits
I agree with this. If you don't have that many eggs or you don't have that many assets, you won't be benefiting much from spreading it to different baskets. You'll only be spreading yourself thin and you won't gain anything by going this route.

As @DGStaff has already said, when it comes to websites, we should wait until our first one is established before creating a new one. Because a website takes a lot of work to make it successful.
Exactly my friend @EfficientNinja, even when you have enough eggs or assets should I put it that way, one thing which you can never have in abundance in this life is time. It's 24 hours in a day to everyone, so with all the assets and eggs, you still wouldn't be able to have all the time to manage it when trying to spread it across more than one website running. One website alone would consume a lot of the 24 hours one has in a day especially when it's a new site.

So therefore, the only to get past this unscathed is when you stick to one site until it's very stable that you can take a breather from it and focus on another new one.

Heatman

Credits
You are very correct @Heatman, there are some work or jobs that requires one's full concentration because it's the only way of getting the best out of such jobs and online jobs is among such work especially if you have a new website which you are just nursing up from scratch. It is going to be taking all that you have to offer in order to bring your new website to the standard which you need it to be at in order to make the most benefit from it.
This is exactly what I mean. Take for instance the commitment of @DGStaff with focusing all her efforts and posting on Digital Global Forum. It's all with the bid of getting the site up from where it is to a desired place which all is to rank higher in Google. It's not that @DGStaff cannot post in other sites but the importance of focusing only on this forum is very clear that it's mostly needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
This is exactly what I mean. Take for instance the commitment of @DGStaff with focusing all her efforts and posting on Digital Global Forum. It's all with the bid of getting the site up from where it is to a desired place which all is to rank higher in Google. It's not that @DGStaff cannot post in other sites but the importance of focusing only on this forum is very clear that it's mostly needed.
Today has not been a good day, I have not really been in the mood to post, and I have been struggling to make posts for most of the day, and I can see why people do have concerns and problems getting a site off the ground, and if all I had to do was make one post, then that would be fine, however, when you have to churn and burn posts, then it can get very tiresome, and if you are not in the mood, then that more difficult to keep up.

KellyGeo

Credits
Believe me when I tell you that having that level of commitment isn't easy. It burns one out with lots of work. Remember this is a human head used to write all these posts and contents as well, so when the job gets too imposing, it takes its toll on how one performs. Sometimes, I do experience writer's blocks when I try to post too much. Just like I post on Digital Global, there are other platforms where I also post as well, so when I stress my mind too much, it knocks off my clear thoughts and what I normally do is to take a break than trying to force it and end up making a useless post.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Believe me when I tell you that having that level of commitment isn't easy. It burns one out with lots of work. Remember this is a human head used to write all these posts and contents as well, so when the job gets too imposing, it takes its toll on how one performs. Sometimes, I do experience writer's blocks when I try to post too much. Just like I post on Digital Global, there are other platforms where I also post as well, so when I stress my mind too much, it knocks off my clear thoughts and what I normally do is to take a break than trying to force it and end up making a useless post.
@DigitalGlobal did say it would be very difficult to get the site off the ground, however, since I have never run a site before, then I never really thought much about it, and I have heard similar stories over the years, and I have seen one story last week from someone saying that he had spent a small fortune to get his site off the ground, and has been working hard on his site for well over a year, and that is something people do not want to really hear I guess. Would you set up a site if you knew it could take 1-3 years to get your site off the ground? and if you think about it, then he is right, as we are not really bringing anything new to the table, as there are quite a few marketplace sites such as *****, people per hour, even u$#@%w, and for this to work, then we would really need some hardcore loyal members that would be willing stand by our side no matter what, sure not going to be easy.

Heatman

Credits
I can very much really relate to what you mean about experiencing writers block from putting a lot of pressure on the brains by having too much work to do with posting in a day. The human mind has a limit of how long it can go in a day before diminishing returns sets in. Even though some people tend to give it a go longer than others but definitely the law of diminishing returns must certainly creep in. So therefore, when I look at the commitment of @DGStaff with consistent posting, I just have only appreciation for his job because I know from experience that it's not easy.

NoviceNinja

Credits
Not a big fan of affiliate marketing, I don't think it is the best way to make money online. If you have time to promote and market other people's products, why don't you advertise your own? Start an e-commerce store. Selling physical goods online is the most efficient way to make money digitally. It just takes a lot of time and hard work. From product research to sourcing, to marketing campaigns, then customer service.

You also have to consider listing optimizations, giveaways, promotions to drive sales. Sales are the number one factor in landing on the first page of search results, once your listing ranks on the first page of specific keywords, be ready to rake in huge amounts of money. It will not be easy, but it will definitely be worth your while.