Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 36 more

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Everyone that starts out in the business of freelancing has the same question; How am I going to make money if I start my own freelance business? The following are four tips for you to keep in mind when you want to make money as a freelancer.

Keep Your Clients Happy

You need to be positive that you can keep your clients happy. You need to even be able to keep your clients happy when they are not happy. Keeping all of your clients happy is going to help you keep the money coming in; There are a couple ways you can keep your customers satisfied. 1: Always offer a money back guarantee, people have enough stress when buying online, and in order to put down any concerns, then you always offer some type of money back guarantee. 2: always over deliver, and if your customers ordered a physical product, then ship the product as soon as possible, and if possible within 1 business day, never let your customers wonder, and if there any issues concerning their order, then you should notify them immediately, and what action you will be taking in order to resolve any backorder issues.

Do Not Give Up Your Day Job!

If you are working a traditional job, you will want to keep working while you establish yourself as a professional freelancer. If you quit your job right away, you may find that you are not making money as fast as you would like. Keeping your day job will help you make sure that all your needs are being taken care of while you are establishing yourself, overall, setting up a freelance business is not easy, and it will be a lot of hard on-going work, and most freelancers do this on the side as a part-time job in order to bring in some extra cash, if you are not a very popular freelancer, then I would not give up your day job, so you may have to work as a freelancer a little longer.

Start Signing Up on Freelance Job Sites

There are countless online freelance job sites that you can easily sign up on to find work. You just need to decide what kind of jobs that you are looking for and make a great online profile for yourself and you are ready to start looking for work. Just be sure that your payment needs are taken care of so that you know you will get paid for the work that you have completed, keep in mind, as an unknown freelancer, then you will have to be creative in order to get jobs. There are some freelancers that are making a lot of money on freelance sites, however, if you are new, then you will just have to work your way up like those before you, and you will have to be a go-getter.

Make Adjustments to Your Online Profile if Needed

No matter what online freelance job site you happen to be on you, then you may find that you need to adjust your profile now and then. It is important to stay current with your particular niche so that you know you can offer the best possible work to your clients. This might mean that you will have to make some changes to your online profile.

So if you are new to the world of freelancing you will want to keep these freelance tips in mind so that you have the best chance to make money.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
I started out working as a freelancer on freelance job sites, survey sites etc and it pays me well and still paying me till today. It doesn't take much to start out as a freelancer, all one needs is either a laptop, desktop computer or android/iOS mobile device. Get registered on some of these freelance jobs site, pass through that trail stage if it's paid to post sites and being earning money online as a freelancer.

Kieranlewix

Credits
Everyone that starts out in the business of freelancing has the same question; How am I going to make money if I start my own freelance business? The following are four tips for you to keep in mind when you want to make money as a freelancer.

Keep Your Clients Happy

You need to be positive that you can keep your clients happy. You need to even be able to keep your clients happy when they are not happy. Keeping all of your clients happy is going to help you keep the money coming in; There are a couple ways you can keep your customers satisfied. 1: Always offer a money back guarantee, people have enough stress when buying online, and in order to put down any concerns, then you always offer some type of money back guarantee. 2: always over deliver, and if your customers ordered a physical product, then ship the product as soon as possible, and if possible within 1 business day, never let your customers wonder, and if there any issues concerning their order, then you should notify them immediately, and what action you will be taking in order to resolve any backorder issues.

Do Not Give Up Your Day Job!

If you are working a traditional job, you will want to keep working while you establish yourself as a professional freelancer. If you quit your job right away, you may find that you are not making money as fast as you would like. Keeping your day job will help you make sure that all your needs are being taken care of while you are establishing yourself, overall, setting up a freelance business is not easy, and it will be a lot of hard on-going work, and most freelancers do this on the side as a part-time job in order to bring in some extra cash, if you are not a very popular freelancer, then I would not give up your day job, so you may have to work as a freelancer a little longer.

Start Signing Up on Freelance Job Sites

There are countless online freelance job sites that you can easily sign up on to find work. You just need to decide what kind of jobs that you are looking for and make a great online profile for yourself and you are ready to start looking for work. Just be sure that your payment needs are taken care of so that you know you will get paid for the work that you have completed, keep in mind, as an unknown freelancer, then you will have to be creative in order to get jobs. There are some freelancers that are making a lot of money on freelance sites, however, if you are new, then you will just have to work your way up like those before you, and you will have to be a go-getter.

Make Adjustments to Your Online Profile if Needed

No matter what online freelance job site you happen to be on you, then you may find that you need to adjust your profile now and then. It is important to stay current with your particular niche so that you know you can offer the best possible work to your clients. This might mean that you will have to make some changes to your online profile.

So if you are new to the world of freelancing you will want to keep these freelance tips in mind so that you have the best chance to make money.
Many people start their journey in freelancing with making the wrong moves and end up being miserable. An example is a person who decides to quit their day job and dive into the freelance pool. Such a person will end up skipping the 'learning and perfecting their skills' stage and get right into it in order to keep paying their rent and having a decent meal. This almost never works out and eventually they end up begging their bosses for their jobs back, only to find that that boat has already sailed.

The most important steps to make are picking a suitable niche and working hard to perfect your skills in that niche. Without doing this, you will find it hard to over deliver, let alone even deliver.

KellyGeo

Credits
Personally, I'm working as a part time freelancer and combining it with my traditional job. The money which I earn from freelancing is just my passive income which is mostly used to take care of my emergency situation and bills. It would be a crazy thing to do should I quit my job at the moment to become a full-time freelancer.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Personally, I'm working as a part time freelancer and combining it with my traditional job. The money which I earn from freelancing is just my passive income which is mostly used to take care of my emergency situation and bills. It would be a crazy thing to do should I quit my job at the moment to become a full-time freelancer.
You have to do what you have to do, and if you ask me, then I think everyone needs to stay busy doing something, as an idle mind is a weak mind, so if you have to work a full-time job, then do part time freelancing on the side, then there is certainly nothing wrong with that, so keep it up.

KellyGeo

Credits
You have to do what you have to do, and if you ask me, then I think everyone needs to stay busy doing something, as an idle mind is a weak mind, so if you have to work a full-time job, then do part time freelancing on the side, then there is certainly nothing wrong with that, so keep it up.
Thanks very much @DGStaff for the kind words of encouragement. I'm trying my best to combine the two because there is no way going with only one would be enough take care of all the responsibilities facing me. The full time job is my major source of income and I value that very much not to joke with it in order to avoid getting sacked.

to7update

Credits
Very good tips! Keeping our clients happy is rule number one, and I agree with it entirely. A happy customer not only returns, but also tells about us to other customers. Finally, keeping our day job is a must, at least to begin with, simply because we need to get customers to make a living, and if we can't, we're in trouble. Nothing like starting slow, but steady.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Very good tips! Keeping our clients happy is rule number one, and I agree with it entirely. A happy customer not only returns, but also tells about us to other customers. Finally, keeping our day job is a must, at least to begin with, simply because we need to get customers to make a living, and if we can't, we're in trouble. Nothing like starting slow, but steady.
If you have a nice site, then that is how word of mouth can get around, and word of mouth is priceless compared to other forms of advertising, someone may run across the site, then contact one of their family or friends, and say, hey bro, check out this site I just found, it works, but right now, it is unlikely to work for our site since there is nothing to really brag about right now, and hopefully, we can start to change that in the near future.

Hova

Credits
Now that you've got happy clients and have officially establishing yourself, you need to look at the bigger picture now. I think a good way to launch yourself is by doing research on how much your market is willing to pay by looking at your leading competitors. This way you can get an idea of the prices you should be charging. Raising your charges will definitely get you the best clients on the freelance market and this is a testimony you'll find to be true over time.

KellyGeo

Credits
Remember the saying that customers are always right, you have to keep that in mind anytime you are dealing with your business clients because they are the reason for your business existence. So when you are in good terms with them, it's likely to keep you in business with them for a long period of time.

KellyGeo

Credits
Now that you've got happy clients and have officially establishing yourself, you need to look at the bigger picture now. I think a good way to launch yourself is by doing research on how much your market is willing to pay by looking at your leading competitors. This way you can get an idea of the prices you should be charging. Raising your charges will definitely get you the best clients on the freelance market and this is a testimony you'll find to be true over time.
If you fail to to research and study your competitors, they are always going to be one step ahead of your business. So therefore, in order to be on the safer side, after you must have set up your business site on your niche, it's very important to put into consideration what your competitors are doing and find a way to stay ahead of them.

Hova

Credits
Also finding your target audience is a good way to stay ahead of the competition. Once you do this, it will be simple to market your brand to them. You can do this by regularly updating the list of clients that you will be targeting and make sure you reach out to let them know you are free and available to take on new projects. This will ensure that you always get jobs which means more money.

KellyGeo

Credits
Also finding your target audience is a good way to stay ahead of the competition. Once you do this, it will be simple to market your brand to them. You can do this by regularly updating the list of clients that you will be targeting and make sure you reach out to let them know you are free and available to take on new projects. This will ensure that you always get jobs which means more money.
No business project can survive without its intended target audience because the business exists for the purpose of serving those audience or potential customers. So therefore, it's very paramount to put the target audience into consideration and find the best targeting strategy to reach them effectively and efficiently.

Hova

Credits
Never stick to one thing because that is just another recipe for failure. Try exploring other niches once in a while because branching out is the only way you are going to keep up with what is going on in the industry. It is also a way of making sure that no opportunity passes you by.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
No business project can survive without its intended target audience because the business exists for the purpose of serving those audience or potential customers. So therefore, it's very paramount to put the target audience into consideration and find the best targeting strategy to reach them effectively and efficiently.
You certainly need to have the right traffic, otherwise, a whole lot of nothing will happen, those visitors will not do anything on your site other than leave because they did not find where they were looking for, as a result, your site will have a high bounce rate, and will result in decline in rankings. If you are a freelancer, and you are trying to market your site, then do not get backlinks that are from an automotive site; An auto site would not be related to your freelance niche, and you would only end up getting traffic that would be untargeted, the traffic would not be interested in your site.

KellyGeo

Credits
You certainly need to have the right traffic, otherwise, a whole lot of nothing will happen, those visitors will not do anything on your site other than leave because they did not find where they were looking for, as a result, your site will have a high bounce rate, and will result in decline in rankings. If you are a freelancer, and you are trying to market your site, then do not get backlinks that are from an automotive site; An auto site would not be related to your freelance niche, and you would only end up getting traffic that would be untargeted, the traffic would not be interested in your site.
This is very correct, yes traffic is very important to any online business and getting the right traffic is needed and it is necessary because take for instance in a situation where one needs to get a doctor but ended up getting a lawyer, the efforts is a wasted one because the lawyer wouldn't provide the need why a doctor was sought after in the first place. So therefore, having said that, one should look for a targeting strategy that would allow him or her channel the right traffic to one's site or stand the risk of getting those that would come and spam the site and leave it in ruin.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
This is very correct, yes traffic is very important to any online business and getting the right traffic is needed and it is necessary because take for instance in a situation where one needs to get a doctor but ended up getting a lawyer, the efforts is a wasted one because the lawyer wouldn't provide the need why a doctor was sought after in the first place. So therefore, having said that, one should look for a targeting strategy that would allow him or her channel the right traffic to one's site or stand the risk of getting those that would come and spam the site and leave it in ruin.
DG and I are fairly easy to get along with, however, starting a spam campaign on the forum will not get you very far, as Digital Global is for loyal and trusted forum members, once a member has made their first 100 moderated posts, then they will be updated as an established member, and if a forum member gets banned after their upgrade, then they would need to start over again from the bottom, however, if they are caught through our spam filters, then their account could be banned again, as long as members keep their noise clean, then they have nothing to worry about. We want everyone to be successful using Digital Global, however, we will not stand for spammers, scammers, trolls, or anyone that will take advantage of our members.

KellyGeo

Credits
DG and I are fairly easy to get along with, however, starting a spam campaign on the forum will not get you very far, as Digital Global is for loyal and trusted forum members, once a member has made their first 100 moderated posts, then they will be updated as an established member, and if a forum member gets banned after their upgrade, then they would need to start over again from the bottom, however, if they are caught through our spam filters, then their account could be banned again, as long as members keep their noise clean, then they have nothing to worry about. We want everyone to be successful using Digital Global, however, we will not stand for spammers, scammers, trolls, or anyone that will take advantage of our members.
Well, I would say that anyone looking to ruin someone else would hit his or her own misfortune without even knowing how it comes calling. Karma is one thing that I'm a believer in so much and it's why I would never knowingly mean to put someone's life work and effort in jeopardy. But, I'm sure that not everyone can be the same way, so therefore I completely agree with the guidelines as to how to handle potential rule breakers in the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

NoviceNinja

Credits
One good practice also when you start working online is always to treat yourself as a rookie. Take each day as your first day to have that goal of still trying to impress your boss. Always turn over work at its best, or the best version that you possibly can, be open to revisions and always ask for feedback so that you can improve. I always ask for feedback when it comes to my work so that I would know what skills that I should work on more are. Remember, aside from work ethic, employers also value the quality of work that you can provide.

As Steve Jobs said in his speech at Stanford, "Stay hungry, stay foolish." :)

KellyGeo

Credits
One good practice also when you start working online is always to treat yourself as a rookie. Take each day as your first day to have that goal of still trying to impress your boss. Always turn over work at its best, or the best version that you possibly can, be open to revisions and always ask for feedback so that you can improve. I always ask for feedback when it comes to my work so that I would know what skills that I should work on more are. Remember, aside from work ethic, employers also value the quality of work that you can provide.

As Steve Jobs said in his speech at Stanford, "Stay hungry, stay foolish." :)
That's a very good point which you just mentioned here, and I must add being willing to learn more on daily basis. As one ventures from doing nothing or doing office job to becoming a freelancer, there are so many things to learn on the job, so mastering a few things shouldn't make any feel that you have learnt it all but putting your head low and learning everything there is to be learnt is the only way to put you in a good advantage point of being able to maximize any opportunity that comes your way.