Join
+ 115 more

Advantages of Affiliate Marketing

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
When you think about affiliate marketing there are a great many advantages to this method of making money online. So if you are looking for a great way to earn some money, then you very well may want to consider affiliate marketing.

You Don't Have to Deal with Customers

When it comes to affiliate marketing you do not have to deal with actual customers. All you need to do is promote the products and services of someone else and collect a commission. This is a great advantage to someone who is looking for a relatively low-stress way to make some money online.

Huge Number of Products to Promote

With affiliate marketing, there are countless products and services to promote; From clothes, to car parts, you are certain to find something that you can get excited about promoting, and this freedom to select from a wide array of products will make affiliate marketing a very popular choice for many people, and for others, then affiliate marketing may be their only opportunity to earn the extra income they have always been dreaming about, but do not dream to hard, even affiliate marketing is not easy.

No Products to Carry

Affiliate marketing requires no product inventory so you do not have to worry about having enough space to run your business. As long as you have a computer or a mobile device and an internet connection, then you are all set to be an affiliate marketer, however, the next thing you need is drive, and determination that you are going to earn passive income so that you can give up that job that you have always hated, or do you like like working for the many, and slinging that hammer every single day?

You Can Learn Online Marketing

Becoming an affiliate marketer will give you the chance to learn a lot about marketing a business online; You can learn about things like social media and article marketing in order to promote your business. It is a great way to improve the chances of success for your business and even to teach you about marketing any other business adventure you might want to undertake, and if you ever expect to succeed, then fail a few times, and learn from your mistakes, unless you never fail at anything, then you may turn out to be the luckiest affiliate marketing guru on this planet, if not, then do not get discouraged if you fail, as this happens more times then you think, however, the key to affiliate marketing failure is not the failure itself, but the key is to learn from your affiliate marketing mistakes which will make you a better well into the future.

As you can see, starting a business as an affiliate marketer can be very advantageous. If you are indeed looking for a way to earn money online, you just may want to see what affiliate marketing can offer you.

Heatman

Credits
One thing I love about affiliate marketing is its ability to pay one even after years of publishing your affiliate marketing link to the product being promoted. Just like you mentioned in the article, there is no physical product for an affiliate marketer to carry but just relying on his online promotion activities and earn commissions once the product is sold using his or her affiliate link.

Kieranlewix

Credits
The greatest advantage of affiliate marketing would have to be the indirect contact with customers. Despite the peace of mind, it also absolves you of responsibility when a transaction goes wrong or the quality of the product does not meet the clients' requirements. Working as a link between the business and the client can be stressful but with affiliate marketing, you get to earn without having to answer to anyone but yourself.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
The greatest advantage of affiliate marketing would have to be the indirect contact with customers. Despite the peace of mind, it also absolves you of responsibility when a transaction goes wrong or the quality of the product does not meet the clients' requirements. Working as a link between the business and the client can be stressful but with affiliate marketing, you get to earn without having to answer to anyone but yourself.
The disadvantage is working to promote someone elses products, however, you are right, sometimes you may not want to deal with nasty people, and sometimes, people can be irrate for almost no other reason, because that is just how they are, and these type of people expect everything to be done immidately as if the entire world is just working for them, and no one else, and they also expect refunds to be processed ASAP, and these kinds of people do not care if your business works on the weekends or not, as they expect an immediate response, even if it falls on the weekend, and I agree, not working with people and their complaints does sound more appealing if I wanted to promote some type of affiliate program such as amazon.

Heatman

Credits
What you mentioned about the responsibilities of an affiliate marketer is true. Yes, it's true that the affiliate marketer doesn't need to own any business or any product, his or her job is simply to promote other companies products and get paid commissions but this does not come without some carefully done job because one wouldn't want to run into any problems. From my experience, I would say that most times, customers are always looking, for one thing, to complain about a product. So it's in the best interest of the affiliate marketer to always update all the necessary information/details about the product being promoted, in order to eliminate all possible complaints that some customers would wish to exploit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
What you mentioned about the responsibilities of an affiliate marketer is true. Yes, it's true that the affiliate marketer doesn't need to own any business or any product, his or her job is simply to promote other companies products and get paid commissions but this does not come without some carefully done job because one wouldn't want to run into any problems. From my experience, I would say that most times, customers are always looking, for one thing, to complain about a product. So it's in the best interest of the affiliate marketer to always update all the necessary information/details about the product being promoted, in order to eliminate all possible complaints that some customers would wish to exploit.
It really depends on what message the affiliate wants to convey with buyers, however, if you are setting up a Clickbank product in order to sell some ebook, then you have to use the best copywriter in order to get the right message, and everything has to be crafted to appeal to buyers and affiliates, because Clickbank affiliates would be the ones promoting those ebooks, or other digital products. If a buyer does not trust what they are reading, then they will run for the hills, and if the Clickbank product does not appeal to affiliates, then they will not promote the product either, and it is always best to setup the most unused system which is called click funnels, as this will make more money for the owner, as well as affiliates also.

Heatman

Credits
It really depends on what message the affiliate wants to convey with buyers, however, if you are setting up a Clickbank product in order to sell some ebook, then you have to use the best copywriter in order to get the right message, and everything has to be crafted to appeal to buyers and affiliates, because Clickbank affiliates would be the ones promoting those ebooks, or other digital products. If a buyer does not trust what they are reading, then they will run for the hills, and if the Clickbank product does not appeal to affiliates, then they will not promote the product either, and it is always best to setup the most unused system which is called click funnels, as this will make more money for the owner, as well as affiliates also.
Please forgive my asking, I have no knowledge about Clickbank product or Click funnels. I would be glad if you could throw more light on that for me to have a better understanding of what it's all about.

Thanks.

Kieranlewix

Credits
Exactly! This is what I was talking about. There are some customers who just cannot be satisfied. When you are starting out as an affiliate for a certain company or business, you are bound to feel like you are answerable to clients even more than you actually are. It is more of a reflex really. An affiliate would feel the need to be honest with the client about the product and answer questions on behalf of the business. In most cases, the customers would find a way to pin you down and it is not unusual to find most affiliates giving up. It takes a person with experience to detach him/herself from the customers and stick to his lane. When you keep it professional and minimize the contact with customers, you will succeed.

Heatman

Credits
Exactly! This is what I was talking about. There are some customers who just cannot be satisfied. When you are starting out as an affiliate for a certain company or business, you are bound to feel like you are answerable to clients even more than you actually are. It is more of a reflex really. An affiliate would feel the need to be honest with the client about the product and answer questions on behalf of the business. In most cases, the customers would find a way to pin you down and it is not unusual to find most affiliates giving up. It takes a person with experience to detach him/herself from the customers and stick to his lane. When you keep it professional and minimize the contact with customers, you will succeed.
Sometimes having a good relationship with your clients have a positive influence on their dealing with you because it would reinforce confidence and trust which would make these clients to hardly doubt what you offer them. It's good to maintain a professional status with them because over familiarity breeds disrespect in some situations.

KellyGeo

Credits
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online, it gives one the opportunity to earn money online without having a business set up but with just one's site and carrying out promotional activities using one's affiliate link would fetch the individual a reasonable amount of money. I'm sure that being an affiliate marketer isn't something one can wake up and start up immediately, it's good to undergo some affiliate marketing programs, this would help one to know how to succeed as an affiliate marketer.

maestro

Credits
The thing that gets most people exiting about affiliate marketing is the fact that you get to be your own boss and you get to work on your own time. Also as an affiliate you don't require a sizeable investment to start earning money.

Credits
Affiliate marketing is one of the best ways to make money online, it gives one the opportunity to earn money online without having a business set up but with just one's site and carrying out promotional activities using one's affiliate link would fetch the individual a reasonable amount of money. I'm sure that being an affiliate marketer isn't something one can wake up and start up immediately, it's good to undergo some affiliate marketing programs, this would help one to know how to succeed as an affiliate marketer.
Most people will start off as an Amazon affiliate because it is really easy, however, Amazon has gotten so big like google adsense, then they go on some crazy trip of banning accounts. If Amazon thinks your affiliate page is not factual, then your account will be banned as I have seen complaints from others that have had their accounts banned, and Amazon does not care if you are a six-figure income earner, they will ban your account if you violate Amazon's TOS.

KellyGeo

Credits
Most people will start off as an Amazon affiliate because it is really easy, however, Amazon has gotten so big like google adsense, then they go on some crazy trip of banning accounts. If Amazon thinks your affiliate page is not factual, then your account will be banned as I have seen complaints from others that have had their accounts banned, and Amazon does not care if you are a six-figure income earner, they will ban your account if you violate Amazon's TOS.
It's how it gets when one works for a big company, they hardly care about their workers. All they are after is making their profits and once they feel that your services as an affiliate marketer is affecting their business, they are likely to terminate your account with them.

Credits
It's how it gets when one works for a big company, they hardly care about their workers. All they are after is making their profits and once they feel that your services as an affiliate marketer is affecting their business, they are likely to terminate your account with them.
I think this is what they do with power affiliates that bring in the real income for the business, and all the company has to do is kill their account for a minor violation, so the power affiliate has done all the work, then the company dumps the affiliate like a piece of trash, and if you ask me, those power affiliates are the ones that actually made the business a success to begin with, then they are forgotten, and kicked out just as fast.

maestro

Credits
Most people that get banned on Amazon is because they don't read the rules. For instance, if you cloak your affiliate link using those url shortening sites then you will definitely get banned. Amazon wants users to know where they are being directed to.

KellyGeo

Credits
I think this is what they do with power affiliates that bring in the real income for the business, and all the company has to do is kill their account for a minor violation, so the power affiliate has done all the work, then the company dumps the affiliate like a piece of trash, and if you ask me, those power affiliates are the ones that actually made the business a success to begin with, then they are forgotten, and kicked out just as fast.
It's such a shame that the efforts of these affiliate marketers are easily forgotten and thrown out to the cold and the funny thing is that there is nothing for them to do against the company.

Credits
It's such a shame that the efforts of these affiliate marketers are easily forgotten and thrown out to the cold and the funny thing is that there is nothing for them to do against the company.
and just because the affiliate might be a top money maker, that does not matter to sites like Amazon, they simply do not really need these power players anymore like they may have needed them in the past, so even if they violate something that we may think would be minor could terminate their account.

Kieranlewix

Credits
and just because the affiliate might be a top money maker, that does not matter to sites like Amazon, they simply do not really need these power players anymore like they may have needed them in the past, so even if they violate something that we may think would be minor could terminate their account.
That sounds like a really bad outcome for Amazon power affiliates. Nevertheless, it's what happens when you out all your eggs in one basket. For a person to become a power affiliate, they have to have quit their full time job at some point and invested their time, put all their hopes and dreams into being affiliates for Amazon. This is a lesson for all online workers to spread their net further in the online pool. As much as focusing on one particular niche is a good strategies, companies like Amazon still exist and can ruin your financial life in one swoop.

KellyGeo

Credits
So therefore, for safety purposes any affiliate power marketer on Amazon should always thread with caution because Amazon is just like a shark in the deep waters looking for any single sign of blood from those power affiliate in order to devour them.

maestro

Credits
There are some complains that Amazon fudges your ‘clicks’ on your associates report to make you think you are seeing more traffic from your site than you are when starting out initially. They do this to make you work harder and link more products from your website to Amazon.