Advantages of Affiliate Marketing

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
So therefore, for safety purposes any affiliate power marketer on Amazon should always thread with caution because Amazon is just like a shark in the deep waters looking for any single sign of blood from those power affiliate in order to devour them.
I have read more than one rumor that says once you make more than $5,000 per month as an Amazon affiliate, then your account is reviewed in more detail, and why would they want to do that other than trying to find a way to get rid of affiliates that are making good money, and I would not be surprised if it were true; If Amazon can find a minor reason to save a few dollars by getting rid of some money makers, then so be it I guess, and amazon does not really need a reason to give affiliates the boot since affiliates are not employees of amazon, and amazon can kill affiliates without reason or notice.

Kieranlewix

Credits
I have read more than one rumor that says once you make more than $5,000 per month as an Amazon affiliate, then your account is reviewed in more detail, and why would they want to do that other than trying to find a way to get rid of affiliates that are making good money, and I would not be surprised if it were true; If Amazon can find a minor reason to save a few dollars by getting rid of some money makers, then so be it I guess, and amazon does not really need a reason to give affiliates the boot since affiliates are not employees of amazon, and amazon can kill affiliates without reason or notice.
I don't understand why big businesses tend to get paranoid when users seem to be making lots of money. A friend of mine also had the same experience but his was a PayPal related one. He received a huge amount through PayPal, of a million bucks and since they thought it fraud of some sort, they froze his account and later banned him. The saddest part was that they didn't even let him have his money. I was shocked to hear that and I thought that there was some sort of appeal you could make to force them to give your money back but it seems they are untouchable. All in all, there is not much affiliates can do to prevent being booted, just not make so much money I guess.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyGeo

Credits
So in essence, Amazon is not happy for the success of its affiliate marketers by looking for possible ways to get rid of them and their account once they hit that earning mark in a month. Personally, I would call that mean and heartless wickedness from Amazon.

But I would like to know if after banning the affiliate marketer's account, would his or her affiliate marketing link still work and get the company customers?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I don't understand why big businesses tend to get paranoid when users seem to be making lots of money. A friend of mine also had the same experience but his was a PayPal related one. He received a huge amount through PayPal, of a million bucks and since they thought it fraud of some sort, they froze his account and later banned him. The saddest part was that they didn't even let him have his money. I was shocked to hear that and I thought that there was some sort of appeal you could make to force them to give your money back but it seems they are untouchable. All in all, there is not much affiliates can do to prevent being booted, just not make so much money I guess.:ROFLMAO:
When you are an affiliate, then you are pretty much at the mercy of the business you are working, and, as an affiliate, you can pretty much get the boot for any reason, cause or justification, and most of the time, you will never be given a reason other than you violated their terms, and I can see why, they do this because they do not wan to go back and forth having multiple discussions on why you were banned, so they do not give reasons.

So in essence, Amazon is not happy for the success of its affiliate marketers by looking for possible ways to get rid of them and their account once they hit that earning mark in a month. Personally, I would call that mean and heartless wickedness from Amazon.

But I would like to know if after banning the affiliate marketer's account, would his or her affiliate marketing link still work and get the company customers?
If you are banned on Amazon, then your affiliates will still work, but you will no longer be earning a commission, and if you read amazon's guidelines, then they say if you are banned, then you clearly need to remove all of your affiliate links from any websites you have them placed, and it does not matter if you remove them or not, if you are banned, then they are not going to credit you, and Amazon will make money if your links remain.

KellyGeo

Credits
When you are an affiliate, then you are pretty much at the mercy of the business you are working, and, as an affiliate, you can pretty much get the boot for any reason, cause or justification, and most of the time, you will never be given a reason other than you violated their terms, and I can see why, they do this because they do not wan to go back and forth having multiple discussions on why you were banned, so they do not give reasons.

If you are banned on Amazon, then your affiliates will still work, but you will no longer be earning a commission, and if you read amazon's guidelines, then they say if you are banned, then you clearly need to remove all of your affiliate links from any websites you have them placed, and it does not matter if you remove them or not, if you are banned, then they are not going to credit you, and Amazon will make money if your links remain.
Crooks in business is just what I would label Amazon as. They would ban one's account but will still let the affiliate link to be active just to reap the benefits of one's job without paying the individual. This is pure evil and wickedness. If I should find myself in such situation with Amazon, I'm definitely going to seek out all my affiliate links where I shared them and have all of it removed.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Crooks in business is just what I would label Amazon as. They would ban one's account but will still let the affiliate link to be active just to reap the benefits of one's job without paying the individual. This is pure evil and wickedness. If I should find myself in such situation with Amazon, I'm definitely going to seek out all my affiliate links where I shared them and have all of it removed.
We would probably do the same, and if you really think about it, Amazon can not help it if you do not remove any affiliate links you have posted on your sites, and Amazon does say if you get banned, then you are to remove your affiliate links, so it is not really their fault if you do not remove your links, so if you get banned from our affiliate program in the future, for god sakes, remove your affiliate links as you will not get paid, ROFL.

KellyGeo

Credits
We would probably do the same, and if you really think about it, Amazon can not help it if you do not remove any affiliate links you have posted on your sites, and Amazon does say if you get banned, then you are to remove your affiliate links, so it is not really their fault if you do not remove your links, so if you get banned from our affiliate program in the future, for god sakes, remove your affiliate links as you will not get paid, ROFL.
I see, since they are of the view that one should remove one's affiliate link from where they are published once banned, then I wouldn't blame them when the affiliate marketer fails to do so and allow his affiliate link to serve good promoting purposes for them without getting the individual paid. But the question is could it be possible to locate all one's affiliate link anywhere they are?

Heatman

Credits
Most people that get banned on Amazon is because they don't read the rules. For instance, if you cloak your affiliate link using those url shortening sites then you will definitely get banned. Amazon wants users to know where they are being directed to.
Don't you think that outright ban without any form of warning is too harsh? For someone working on your behalf, it's normal to issue a fair warning and if the warning is ignored, then a ban would be appropriate.

Kieranlewix

Credits
Don't you think that outright ban without any form of warning is too harsh? For someone working on your behalf, it's normal to issue a fair warning and if the warning is ignored, then a ban would be appropriate.
Big companies like Amazon honestly have no time to keep warning affiliates. Before approving an affiliate account, I imagine they give him/her a set of rules to follow. Failure to follow them deserves a ban and not a mere warning finger. Besides, banning affiliates when they violate terms of service keeps other affiliates in line and on their toes online. Look at Digital Global; if everyone just got a warning for poor posts, the amount of spam would really do a number on the forums ranking in Google.

Kieranlewix

Credits
and just because the affiliate might be a top money maker, that does not matter to sites like Amazon, they simply do not really need these power players anymore like they may have needed them in the past, so even if they violate something that we may think would be minor could terminate their account.
I think that affiliates should have their own terms of service with the way things are going these days. They should have protection from unnecessary bans and at the very least, a reason should be given for the ban. It is going to be very hard to implement such a clause though. No business owner is willing to give an employee of any sort, affiliate or basic full-time employee the right to protest and would rather just terminate those they deem unworthy, no matter the degree of offence.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I think that affiliates should have their own terms of service with the way things are going these days. They should have protection from unnecessary bans and at the very least, a reason should be given for the ban. It is going to be very hard to implement such a clause though. No business owner is willing to give an employee of any sort, affiliate or basic full-time employee the right to protest and would rather just terminate those they deem unworthy, no matter the degree of offense.
No matter how big we become, if we become big at all, ROFL. We certainly would not ban our money makers, however, there are times that affiliates do not use common sense, and run things as if they are running their own business, and it is not their business per say, so what affiliates do can have a negative effect on the business as what affiliates do can reflect badly on Digital Global, and sometimes swift action may need to be taken, and I am sure amazon is taking the same steps so that affiliates do not end up tarnishing the brand that amazon has built up over the years.