The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

Hova

Credits
After the successful launch of bitcoin in 2009, we've seen literally hundreds of crypto trading the market each looking to get in on the new digital currency scene. So if you've been wondering what altcoins are, then you've come to the right place. Altcoins meaning alternative coins, are all the other cryptocurrencies that were introduced to the market after bitcoin.

Credits
After the successful launch of bitcoin in 2009, we've seen literally hundreds of crypto trading the market each looking to get in on the new digital currency scene. So if you've been wondering what altcoins are, then you've come to the right place. Altcoins meaning alternative coins, are all the other cryptocurrencies that were introduced to the market after bitcoin.
Yes, since Bitcoins appear to be the most popular, then other types of coins and currency can be called Altcoins, and this is not a bad idea since I do not have to create multiple Cryptocurrency categories, or to many coin categories, so if you discuss anything more then bitcoin, then you can post in the Altcoin category, and it would not hurt if someone would compose a post with all the other types of coins or currency that might be on the market today.

Heatman

Credits
Yes, since Bitcoins appear to be the most popular, then other types of coins and currency can be called Altcoins, and this is not a bad idea since I do not have to create multiple Cryptocurrency categories, or to many coin categories, so if you discuss anything more then bitcoin, then you can post in the Altcoin category, and it would not hurt if someone would compose a post with all the other types of coins or currency that might be on the market today.
There are so many Altcoins and all of them are just founded to help people get a hold of cryptocurrency investments because acquiring Bitcoin is very difficult. @DGStaff, I promise to write an article on some of these Altcoins by the end of the day or first thing tomorrow morning. I owe it to the forum.

Hova

Credits
Actually that is not a bad idea, I guess a thread for each crypto will have to do. There is a ton of them so I'll have to do some research before I contribute.

Credits
The only thing that worries me about altcoin is about their durability, There are already so many altcoins that I think just about 80 percent will collapse within 5 years. They say there are 1800 alt coins. Not all altcoins will succeed, I also believe that some of these alt coins are fake and they will eventually scam people.

ahmedo24

Credits
You rightly said, it more reason why we should be careful while investing in altcoins because many of them are scams and do have sustainability plans, lots of people have lost money on airdrops that never come to reality till date.