Alternative medicines

to7update

Credits
A few years ago I helped friends starting a business in the alternative medicine area. They rented a space, started to give consultations on osteopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy, and selling natural medicines. It was hard to begin, but the business is still up and running today! Anyone ever started a small business? Any tips?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
A few years ago I helped friends starting a business in the alternative medicine area. They rented a space, started to give consultations on osteopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy, and selling natural medicines. It was hard to begin, but the business is still up and running today! Anyone ever started a small business? Any tips?
I was going to delete this thread as this site has nothing to do with Alternative medicine, then I thought for a moment that alternative medicine is a popular niche that could potentially bring in some big bucks, and this could be added to the marketplace for alternative medicine sellers.

to7update

Credits
I just posted this in the sense that anyone can start a small business, in whatever area they are interested in. It's just a matter of seeing if one has the skills and means to get there. Also, these days more and more people are interested in a healthy lifestyle, this includes not only nutrition and exercise but also the so-called alternative medicines.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I just posted this in the sense that anyone can start a small business, in whatever area they are interested in. It's just a matter of seeing if one has the skills and means to get there. Also, these days more and more people are interested in a healthy lifestyle, this includes not only nutrition and exercise but also the so-called alternative medicines.
You are right, even if you break alternative health down, then it is still considered business, even if it is Health and Fitness related.

to7update

Credits
There was and is a struggle in my country and many countries to recognize alternative medicine superior education as official, but the medical lobby opposes strongly to it, for obvious reasons. The fact is that this medicine is the official one in China (just 1/6 of the world population), and many other countries already see is as official too. It's a matter of time until everyone recognizes their benefits officially.

Heatman

Credits
Starting anything medicine related without proper qualifications and licensing by the government and health agencies is punishable by the law. So therefore, in as much as setting up a business venture under alternative medicine looks lucrative, chances of not getting caught up by the law is very slim here and I wouldn't want to spend a day in jail for breaking health law.