Amazon Halts Office Tower Construction over proposed taxes.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
Yes, you heard it right, whenever Amazon hears the word "tax" they tend to shut things down, not only that, Amazon has killed off affiliates in areas where Amazon did not get their way. Amazon is the most self-business that I have ever seen in my life. Can you imagine hating your business plans because you simply did not want to pay new taxes? and this shutdown on construction does not seem to matter to Amazon, and you know they are losing money left and right, and puts more than 7,000 jobs predicted jobs on hold; No one likes taxes, but Amazon does not like running their business in the United States of American, then maybe it be best that they do not run their business in one of the most expensive areas in Seattle, Wa which is where the Amazon office space is expected to be. Amazon doesn't want to pay more taxes, and who the hell does? Amazon does not seem to care how much this will cost them, so maybe Amazon should kill more off more affiliates, rather than acting like a baby throwing a temper-tantrum. amazon is acting like a spoiled brat and a crybaby.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/03/amazon-halts-plan-for-office-tower-in-seattle-over-proposed-tax.html

IMO, I do not like Amazon, nor do I order from them.

Heatman

Credits
I think because it seems that no other online shop is giving Amazon a tough and serious competition is the reason why the company is messing up as it seems fit. Yes, I can agree that sometimes government taxes are annoying but as long as the company is making its profit after paying these taxes, they shouldn't have much to bother about but this is not the case with Amazon. Let them keep on losing customers, including affiliate marketers until another formidable company takes advantage of their lapses, then they would know how it feels to be the second in 2nd place.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I think because it seems that no other online shop is giving Amazon a tough and serious competition is the reason why the company is messing up as it seems fit. Yes, I can agree that sometimes government taxes are annoying but as long as the company is making its profit after paying these taxes, they shouldn't have much to bother about but this is not the case with Amazon. Let them keep on losing customers, including affiliate marketers until another formidable company takes advantage of their lapses, then they would know how it feels to be the second in 2nd place.
This is about power and greed for more, so what Amazon does is block affiliates, and or shut down services in order to get the public to contact their law-markers to complain about higher taxes or something, and when Amazon gets their way, then they will start their services backup or allow affiliates from states that they have blocked back into their affiliate program again, and to some degree, this is nothing more than abuse of power, so when a business like amazon has no soul, then the only thing they have left is to make more and more money as what they have will never be enough.

If you ask me, I do not think corporate America pays enough taxes, and they are always expecting someone else to pick up the tab by seeking life-time tax breaks/cuts, and tax cuts for the American people are next to nothing, then increase in just a few years. I say tax AMAZON, and if they want to stun their own growth by shutting down their own office construction, or even affiliates, then so be it as Amazon is just being another corporate bully.

Last edited: