The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

Anti Virus Programs

Credits
Antivirus programs are programs that finds, identifies and remove viruses and some destructive programs from the computer.

Samples of Antivirus Software

1. Avast Free Antivirus
2. Panda Cloud Antivirus
3. Microsoft Security Essentials
4. AVG Antivirus
5. Avira Antivirus
6. Comodo Antivirus

I am so thankful that I do not need to worry about having an anti-virus program anymore. When I had my desktop computer with the Microsoft operating system installed, I had to update the virus protection and run the anti-virus program each and every day, and then hope that no new virus had come out that the anti-virus program had missed.

Besides the anti-virus, there were programs for removing tracking websites, and other things like that. No matter which anti-virus I used, I just never knew for sure if my Microsoft system had been secretly invaded by something. Once I got my first Apple product (my old iPad second version), and learned that it didn’t need any kind of anti-virus program, I was SO happy not to have to deal with all of that nuisance anymore.

I definitely recommend getting an Apple device, whether it is your phone, tablet, or a regular computer like the iMac. They might cost more than the cheap computers do, but the quality is just SO much better, and the performance is awesome. Once you have an Apple product, you would probably never even consider going back to any kind of computer, phone or tablet that runs a different operating system.
As far as the anti-virus programs that I did use back when I needed that, my preference was McAffee. They always seemed to do much better at protecting my old computer than something like Symantec or any of the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
I am so thankful that I do not need to worry about having an anti-virus program anymore. When I had my desktop computer with the Microsoft operating system installed, I had to update the virus protection and run the anti-virus program each and every day, and then hope that no new virus had come out that the anti-virus program had missed.

Besides the anti-virus, there were programs for removing tracking websites, and other things like that. No matter which anti-virus I used, I just never knew for sure if my Microsoft system had been secretly invaded by something. Once I got my first Apple product (my old iPad second version), and learned that it didn’t need any kind of anti-virus program, I was SO happy not to have to deal with all of that nuisance anymore.

I definitely recommend getting an Apple device, whether it is your phone, tablet, or a regular computer like the iMac. They might cost more than the cheap computers do, but the quality is just SO much better, and the performance is awesome. Once you have an Apple product, you would probably never even consider going back to any kind of computer, phone or tablet that runs a different operating system.
As far as the anti-virus programs that I did use back when I needed that, my preference was McAffee. They always seemed to do much better at protecting my old computer than something like Symantec or any of the others.
I agree that's the problem with using Windows, it's like the operating system attracts malware all the time. Apple devices are well secured as well as Android devices, that's why I opted to use a a large screen smartphone and a phablet rather than a pc or a laptop, also it's very light and handy.

Credits

I was considering going with some type of Apple computer, but when I saw the price, then I was like "what the hell..." I know you are talking about a quality difference between apple to oranges, but for what I use a computer for, it is not worth spending $1000+ for an apple computer. If you have the right anti-virus and watch the type of sites you go on, then you should not get any virus that often, and since I use Malwarebytes, and Spybot, I have not had any virus issues since installing these programs more then 3 months ago, and you should only download software from trust source sites, and not just any download site and those are the sites that will most likely contain some type of malware or virus.

to7update

Credits
Apple computers are super expensive, and the software available is more limited than for Windows. Also, Macs can also get viruses!!

I have never bought an anti-virus program, I just use Windows Defender, which is a part of the Windows OS, and I think I am well served. Virus issues are very much related with responsible navigation.

I have found some really good buys on eBay and also on Craigslist for used Apple computers, phones, and tablets. Some of the sellers have upgraded and just want to sell the old one, even though it works fine, and others come from companies that buy used ones and then recondition them.

If you are going to have a brand new Apple product and then upgrade each time they present new options, then it will definitely be an expensive product; but if you are willing to take the time and shop around for good used ones, then you can have the best product and at an affordable price.

My husband and myself each have an iPhone and an iPad (I have two of those), plus I have an Apple Watch, and all of those are second hand Apple products except for the iPad Pro, which was a birthday gift from my daughter about 3 years ago.

I use the large iPad Pro for just about everything that I do online, and I have one of the keyboard cases for it; so it is basically just like having a small laptop.

Then, I have an iPad Mini that I use when I need something smaller and more portable than the large iPad because the Mini is easy to fit in my purse and carry around if I am going somewhere but want something larger than my phone to use.

Credits
I have found some really good buys on eBay and also on Craigslist for used Apple computers, phones, and tablets. Some of the sellers have upgraded and just want to sell the old one, even though it works fine, and others come from companies that buy used ones and then recondition them.

If you are going to have a brand new Apple product and then upgrade each time they present new options, then it will definitely be an expensive product; but if you are willing to take the time and shop around for good used ones, then you can have the best product and at an affordable price.

My husband and myself each have an iPhone and an iPad (I have two of those), plus I have an Apple Watch, and all of those are second hand Apple products except for the iPad Pro, which was a birthday gift from my daughter about 3 years ago.

I use the large iPad Pro for just about everything that I do online, and I have one of the keyboard cases for it; so it is basically just like having a small laptop.

Then, I have an iPad Mini that I use when I need something smaller and more portable than the large iPad because the Mini is easy to fit in my purse and carry around if I am going somewhere but want something larger than my phone to use.
I am not a fan of amazon, and never heave been, however, I have been known to buy some stuff on eBay, but I have never considered buying refurblished computers on eBay, I think it is somewhat risky, if you end up with the wrong seller, and it could turn out to be a bad deal, in this case, if I was going to buy refrub computers, then I would go with walmart, as they are just right up the road, and the return would be far easier, and you never know, maybe DigitalGlobal will be a source of selling Desktops and Laptops one day, assuming a computer seller lists his/her goods and products on DG, then we could have all sorts of accessories, computers, and anything that every american may use or even want. The possibilities with our brand are pretty endless, however, we will not allow anything adult related, or sellers that appear to be fraudulent in nature, and if a company from China wants to set up a B2B Shop, then that work also since their products would be tied directly to their shop. Let's do it!

maestro

Credits
There is no way in hell I'm getting an apple product, those things are so expensive I can't afford them. I'm so used to using AVG anti-virus I don't think I'm ever leaving Microsoft.

Credits
There is no way in hell I'm getting an apple product, those things are so expensive I can't afford them. I'm so used to using AVG anti-virus I don't think I'm ever leaving Microsoft.
I am riding the same bandwagon you are! I used to use AVG also and been using it for a long time unless AVG missed a virus that another program found, so I finally decided to go with Malwarebytes, and it found a couple more virii that AVG totally did not clean, and I have been using Malwarebytes for several months now, and I really do not have anything bad to say, nor do I have any complaints about Malwarebytes.

to7update

Credits
Malwarebytes is not a resident anti-virus, it's one time run anti-malware right?

As for Apple products, I never had an Android phone, so last year I got the iPhone 5S (old model, I know, lol), and I am pretty happy with it. I don't think I'll ever try Android! As for a Mac computer, that is something different though.

maestro

Credits
I am riding the same bandwagon you are! I used to use AVG also and been using it for a long time unless AVG missed a virus that another program found, so I finally decided to go with Malwarebytes, and it found a couple more virii that AVG totally did not clean, and I have been using Malwarebytes for several months now, and I really do not have anything bad to say, nor do I have any complaints about Malwarebytes.
I have never heard of Malwarebytes before but if it works better than AVG then that is the new Anti-virus I'll be using from now henceforth.

to7update

Credits
Malwarebytes, like the name says, it's an anti-malware, so it's not an anti-virus. If we want to make a connection with an anti-virus, we can say they work in a complimentary way. At the same time, the best anti-virus we can have is responsible navigation, and avoid those fishy sites. ;)

maestro

Credits
Malwarebytes, like the name says, it's an anti-malware, so it's not an anti-virus. If we want to make a connection with an anti-virus, we can say they work in a complimentary way. At the same time, the best anti-virus we can have is responsible navigation, and avoid those fishy sites. ;)
Oh! Ok, then I guess I'm sticking with AVG after all but I think I'll still get Malwarebytes just to get a sense of how it works.

Heatman

Credits
I was considering going with some type of Apple computer, but when I saw the price, then I was like "what the hell..." I know you are talking about a quality difference between apple to oranges, but for what I use a computer for, it is not worth spending $1000+ for an apple computer. If you have the right anti-virus and watch the type of sites you go on, then you should not get any virus that often, and since I use Malwarebytes, and Spybot, I have not had any virus issues since installing these programs more then 3 months ago, and you should only download software from trust source sites, and not just any download site and those are the sites that will most likely contain some type of malware or virus.
All apple products are very expensive including its phones devices, it's actually why I don't give any thoughts on purchasing any of the company's products since someone like me who is an average income earner cannot afford to make such expensive for computer gadgets and phones.

When it comes to anti-virus, avast has always been good for me. I make sure to have the software always updated and ensure not to download files from any unknown sources because it's one of the easiest ways virus creeps into one's system.

Credits
dammit to hell in a hand-basket, ROFL. You made a solid case on that one, sometimes, I can put 2 and 2 together and make it stick like glue, however, I really never gave it much thought, so maybe I will run out like the wind and get the free version of AVG, and install it once again.

All apple products are very expensive including its phones devices, it's actually why I don't give any thoughts on purchasing any of the company's products since someone like me who is an average income earner cannot afford to make such expensive for computer gadgets and phones.

When it comes to anti-virus, Avast has always been good for me. I make sure to have the software always updated and ensure not to download files from any unknown sources because it's one of the easiest ways virus creeps into one's system.
Since I have never used any type of Apple computer or device in my life, then I can say that life will go on without them. I buy the cheapest computer or laptop money can buy, and I do not play games, so I have no need for a super powerful gamer computer either, I'm good.

to7update

Credits
lol, I am pretty happy with my Windows Defender that comes with the Windows operating system. When we install another anti-virus that one is usually disabled, but many times the others we get are not superior and are more intrusive. As for one time-runs anti-virus on top of Windows defender just to check if everything is ok, I'd go for eset online scanner. It's pretty good, and it's free too.

Credits
lol, I am pretty happy with my Windows Defender that comes with the windows operating system. When we install other anti-virus that one is usually disabled, but many times the others we get are not superior and are more intrusive. As for one time-runs anti-virus on top of defender just to check is everything is ok, I'd go for eset online scanner. It's pretty good, and it's free too.
I can not say that I have ever used windows defender, then again, who says I am efficient on windows. :) I did recently install AVG free version, and now I have AVG, Malware Bytes, and SpyBot, and if those mother F$%^ cannot catch a virus, then I suppose nothing else will then, ROFL.

to7update

Credits
Wow, so you have 3? :D I mean, when you have 3 different software that do similar things, not only they might conflict with each other, but they are also consuming resources from your machine. Is your computer running fast or kinda slow?

maestro

Credits
I think I'll just stick with AVG, I've been using it for a long time and it's been working great. So there is no need for me to go out looking for another anti-virus.

Credits
Wow, so you have 3? :D I mean, when you have 3 different software that do similar things, not only they might conflict with each other, but they are also consuming resources from your machine. Is your computer running fast or kinda slow?
my laptop does run slower than normal sometimes, and it does lock up, but this Acer laptop is probably around 3-5 years old, and these programs run in the background watching out for anything bad that might try to sneak on the computer, overall, it is not doing to bad for what I have, and every couple weeks, I may run them manually one by one until they have cleaned and scanned for anything from malware to any type of virus.