+ 99 more

Are You A Seller?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
I gave @DigitalGlobal an idea, and he appears to love the idea and looking into what I have sent him concerning setting up a platform for the marketplace; At first, he was more interested in setting up some type of freelance site, however, his focus is now shifting toward setting up a platform where sellers can create their own shops, and I think this was a pretty good break through to say the least as I felt this project was getting stalled because I felt that DG was not really sold on a freelancer site to begin with, and I can honestly say the platform looks pretty compelling and excisting as it appears to be a fullly featured buyer & seller platform, and sellers from all over the world, including china, would be able to create their own shop, and sell B2B goods if that choose to do so, and as long as the goods of the seller are legal, then a seller can sell just about anything, B2B, B2C, Clothes, Bikes, Jewelery, Cookware, even if the seller promotes digital products, then there would be a section for those sellers as well, no matter if you are a buyer or seller, what categories would interest you? A Global Marketplace For Everyone!!!

Are You A Seller?

Please feel free to post your category tree, and if your categories are approved, then they may be added to the list for inclusion.

Yours Truly,
Digital Global℠

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
I gave @DigitalGlobal an idea, and he appears to love the idea and looking into what I have sent him concerning setting up a platform for the marketplace; At first, he was more interested in setting up some type of freelance site, however, his focus is now shifting toward setting up a platform where sellers can create their own shops, and I think this was a pretty good break through to say the least as I felt this project was getting stalled because I felt that DG was not really sold on a freelancer site to begin with, and I can honestly say the platform looks pretty compelling and excisting as it appears to be a fullly featured buyer & seller platform, and sellers from all over the world, including china, would be able to create their own shop, and sell B2B goods if that choose to do so, and as long as the goods of the seller are legal, then a seller can sell just about anything, B2B, B2C, Clothes, Bikes, Jewelery, Cookware, even if the seller promotes digital products, then there would be a section for those sellers as well, no matter if you are a buyer or seller, what categories would interest you? A Global Marketplace For Everyone!!!

Are You A Seller?

Please feel free to post your category tree, and if your categories are approved, then they may be added to the list for inclusion.

Yours Truly,
Digital Global℠
I have been looking over your idea since I got your PM, and it looks very good, and this is a very comprehensive platform; Since I have never had dealings with this script; I am just not sure how complex it may or may not be, and may take considerable amount of time if there is a learning curve, however, the biggest challenge is always getting new sellers to join the platform, so I may make some type of promotional offer by giving sellers a fee-free ride for 3-6 months, and one of the advantages of this platform will give the ability to sellers to upload mass products when they create their shop, and all they would have to do is upload their valid CSV file, then their shop/store would be populated with their products, however, this would most likely result in duplicate content, and ranking seller content maybe a challenge, but if google sees that the site has visitor activity, then it may work out fine, as I have run across sites in the past that had nothing but duplicate content, but since the site was engaging, google gave the site a pass. I am still looking everything over, and so far, I am very pleased on what I am seeing, no doubt.

no matter how great a brand, or platform is, overall, it can be very difficult to get any type of business off the ground, even more so when you are in a competitive field with existing sites already out there such as eBay, Amazon, Etsy, and dozen or two that I have not mentioned. There also a number of factors if sellers join us, obvious, good branding will play a huge role in this, and you have other factors such as fee structure, if sellers are not up to the fees you are charging, then they are more likely to settle for other sites, even if those sites carry higher restriction of rules, however, if Digital Global can get profile sellers, then this would help pick up the pace. It will not be the seller that sells one or two products that will help us to the next level; It will sellers that sell 100s or even 1000s of various products.

I recently read a case study on a site that setup a similar platform, and his/her site did not get popular overnight; Starting with their first year in business, they had 500 vendors, and their store grew year after year, but it was not until year 5 that the site had 100,000 vendors, and this is to give you an idea that this site may not take off overnight, and I am not going to say sites have never taken off overnight, as i know they have, but this niche is already somewhat saturated as it is, and it will take time for the site to grow, and we are not trying to convince sellers to leave their current platform; We are just giving sellers a new income opportunity platform so that they can list their products.

Last edited: