The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Are You Comfortable buying Electronic products online?

Gabbar

Credits
These days we can buy almost each and everything online and electronic goods are no exception. Previously I have purchased a Big Size Refrigerator online from Flipkart, Laptop and Mobiles from Amazon and I am fine with my purchases.

On the other side, I have seen many complaining that we shouldn't buy Electronic goods online as they may not be genuine ones and websites may sell us defective ones. This has made me a bit doubtful about it as well.

I am planning to buy a 42" LED Smart TV but now I am thinking to buy it offline as we can at least check and feel the product in offline purchases and money Involved is huge as well.

What are your views on it? Are You Comfortable buying Electronic products online? Please share your experience.

anorona

Credits
I am not comfortable on buying any kind of electronic online. I prefer buying on near physical store so I can properly check the item. One more thing is the item is defective, it would be more convenient to return and exchange, unlike on online store
that will take days to deliver.

Gabbar

Credits
I can imagine that. But I am liking it but finally decided that I will buy the LED smart TV offline as I cannot afford to put a lot of money on risk and would be harder for me.

Credits
I love to buy electronic online especially its accessories because it a lot cheaper but my policy as always being payment on delivery so I make sure that I get the best of it before payment.

anorona

Credits
I love to buy electronic online especially its accessories because it a lot cheaper but my policy as always being payment on delivery so I make sure that I get the best of it before payment.
yes they are a lot cheaper compare to buying on physical store. However, we should always choose the one with warranty because even if we choose COD, we can never be sure to get the best quality of it.

Credits
yes they are a lot cheaper compare to buying on physical store. However, we should always choose the one with warranty because even if we choose COD, we can never be sure to get the best quality of it.
Definitely I always look out for the warranty duration and option of a nearby store for after sale service in case I have issue to sort out.

ahmedo24

Credits
I can only buy electronic products online if the company have their service center or customer care center in my location where I can easily lay complain in case there is need for clarification or other form of genuine complains

Gabbar

Credits
These days most companies that sell online have stores in our location or at least nearby and many check these things first before they make buy decisions.

anorona

Credits
These days most companies that sell online have stores in our location or at least nearby and many check these things first before they make buy decisions.
unfortunately, here in my country, there are some online sellers who sells defective item. My sister bought a bluetooth headset before and it really gave her a hassle returning the item because what she got is not working.

moh254

Credits
Yes I can be very comfortable buying from one legit company that's been around for years like Jumia and they're always doing home deliveries. But then, what I fail to understand is what if there's some defect of maybe you bought a phone but didn't like its camera, will they change it for me?
Post automatically merged:

Yes I can be very comfortable buying from one legit company that's been around for years like Jumia and they're always doing home deliveries. But then, what I fail to understand is what if there's some defect of maybe you bought a phone but didn't like its camera, will they change it for me?

Gabbar

Credits
These days we can save more money if we look at deals posted online on electronic goods but there are many that are not ready to buy electronic products online and they shop offline only.

ahmedo24

Credits
The best option to opt for when buying online is pay on delivery option especially in my country. I have had experience of getting the wrong product been delivered and the return became very tedious. I don't like buying electronics online I prefer to go to the shop to get them, in case of any fault I can easily take it back without much stress.

Gabbar

Credits
The best option to opt for when buying online is pay on delivery option especially in my country. I have had experience of getting the wrong product been delivered and the return became very tedious. I don't like buying electronics online I prefer to go to the shop to get them, in case of any fault I can easily take it back without much stress.
We have this option but there are websites which provides us cash back on our purchases only if we pay online upfront and that's what I do sometimes and most of the times it's cheaper as well.

anorona

Credits
We have this option but there are websites which provides us cash back on our purchases only if we pay online upfront and that's what I do sometimes and most of the times it's cheaper as well.

I also get some cashback by using online wallet such as Gcash and Paymaya. They give vouchers where you can get up to 50% discount(capped at certain amount like 6-8$)

Gabbar

Credits
I also get some cashback by using online wallet such as Gcash and Paymaya. They give vouchers where you can get up to 50% discount(capped at certain amount like 6-8$)
50% is a too bigger cash back, I am not getting that bigger cash back but I still manage to get a decent amount of cash back or even discount and these do help in our further purchases.

anorona

Credits
50% is a too bigger cash back, I am not getting that bigger cash back but I still manage to get a decent amount of cash back or even discount and these do help in our further purchases.

It is not 50% on all amounts/items. Like what I said, capping is usually at 6$-8$. So for items that cost more than 16 dollars, you can only get maximum of 8$ discount.

Gabbar

Credits
It is not 50% on all amounts/items. Like what I said, capping is usually at 6$-8$. So for items that cost more than 16 dollars, you can only get maximum of 8$ discount.
That's still very good as sometimes we need to shop for household products or kitchen products and they are a bit more expensive than the other products.

anorona

Credits
That's still very good as sometimes we need to shop for household products or kitchen products and they are a bit more expensive than the other products.
Yes. Aside from online wallets that give discount, we also have some site which offer rebate that can be redeemed for paypal cash. Discounts are ranging from 5-10%, the site name is shopback.ph.

Gabbar

Credits
Yes. Aside from online wallets that give discount, we also have some site which offer rebate that can be redeemed for paypal cash. Discounts are ranging from 5-10%, the site name is shopback.ph.

That's nice to know. We don't have such websites or I don't try these. We have Amazon.in and I also prefer to buy stuff related to electronics from Flipkart and have tried this earlier as well.

a_jerobon

Credits
I am not comfortable with buying electronic products online. I just don't like doing any shopping online whatsoever. I like going to the store to do my shopping. I get to examine the products physically and also get a chance to bergain, am not rich, lol.