The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Are you Comfortable posting your details on Social Media?

Gabbar

Credits
Some like to post their real details on Social Networking websites and use this as a tool to earn as well as others can easily contact the person seeing their work profile and details posted and have heard that many a times companies hire persons even seeing their profile on Facebook.

But on the other hand many don't like to post their details on Social networking websites.

What about you? Are you comfortable posting your real details on Social networking websites? Please share.

moh254

Credits
I used to have the my real details on Facebook but I changed recently. Twitter also, I am using my real details. For me it's not a big deal posting my real name on social media networks.

chameli

Credits
On facebook I use my real name, real address, however, my privacy setting blocks people not on my friend list, which means only my friends are able to see my page. ON twitter, I am using my name and location, however, I do not share my personal details.

Credits
I have my real details on my social media accounts but I have very few friends on my account,mostly my family members so I have nothing to fear I don't accept friend request from total strangers.

Gabbar

Credits
I actually don't mind accepting strangers as friends and have earlier accepted but these days I am trying to limit the stranger ones

anorona

Credits
I am not comfortable sharing my personal details on social media sites, for me, it should
be private. It is just a way of protecting yourself from identity theft. I dont use my real name on my facebook account and I also limit uploading my photos there.

Junrose123

Credits
I also used my real name and occupation in my Facebook account since I want to stay connected with my family and friends. But I am only posting few photos in it since I want it to prevent to be used in unnecessary things.

Gabbar

Credits
I have shared all the required details as well but I agree with those who don't like to post even their real name on Social Networking websites and don't upload their real pictures. They are taking the benefits of Facebook without even compromising their security.

moh254

Credits
@moh254 @chameli I can understand, many does that but I have provided all the required details and I have been many a times contacted by several other companies.
Because you posted your details on sites? That's weird and never heard of that before. No one is supposed to take your contacts elsewhere and trying contacting you unless its someone you know and not a company.

Gabbar

Credits
@moh254 If you post your details on Facebook about your expertise and share your contact number and email, which most professionals share then you can expect to receive call from the different companies.

Junrose123

Credits
I have posted in my Facebook account some information about my marital status and hobbies since I know that they are just simple information. I just also add my real photo so that somebody can know me in person.

Kei

Credits
I have my real details on social media because the people on my friend list are family, friends and colleagues that more or less know the details already. People now tend to use their accounts for business purposes and this really helps to gain the trust of customers.

anorona

Credits
I have my real details on social media because the people on my friend list are family, friends and colleagues that more or less know the details already. People now tend to use their accounts for business purposes and this really helps to gain the trust of customers.

when it comes to business, then one will have no choice but to put his/her real information to gain the trust of the costumers. However, there is still an alternative kove if one does not want to expose his identity inspite of having business on facebook. He can make a page that is named after his business.

Gabbar

Credits

You are right about it. I have seen many professionals doing it and it helps them as these days many employers like to check our profile on Facebook to know and even companies hire by looking at details we have provided.

Thakur

Credits
I use my real information on Facebook. I only have people who I trust as friends and it's ok for them to know this information.

A K Rao

Credits
Yes, I find no difficulty in sharing my personal details which don't interfere with my privacy and bank accounts! So I never use any false information on any social media !

anorona

Credits
I limit what I shared on social media sites. most ofnthe time I put my nicname, instead of my real name. I also do not nit approve people that I dont really know.

a_jerobon

Credits
I use my real name in most social media sites and some few real details as well. This includes the place I live and where I study. However when posting, I don't always post everything about my real life.