• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Backpage.com has been seized by the US Govt

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
1523316124901.png

Backpage.com was an alternative to craigslist, however, as far as I was concerned, back page was never really all that popular with their normal listings. Backpage has been into prostitution for several years now, and has been on the news on more then one occasion, however, I suspect the site was shut done since they may have included minors in their prostitution ring, and it has been a long time coming, and if you ask me, backpage should have been shut down years ago; Since backpage opened roughly 7-8 years ago, it has been reported that the site has made more than $500 million dollars over adult-prostitution related ads. It is ironic that the owner has made all this money, now he is more likely to go to prison for several years, and to be honest, I certainly hope the govt confiscates any money that backpage has in their bank accounts.

Backpage founders charged with money laundering

maestro

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
I learned a long time ago not to trust everything I I see or hear, so I'll just wait until I get the whole story. 7to 8 years is a pretty long time to miss something as big as this one, let's wait and see what happens.

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
Child or minor prostitution is evil because those minors are forced into doing what they never wanted to do but out of fear of getting killed or subjected to severe punishment, they had to agree to it. I'm glad hearing that the US government took the right steps in putting an end to the activities of Backpage .

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Child or minor prostitution is evil because those minors are forced into doing what they never wanted to do but out of fear of getting killed or subjected to severe punishment, they had to agree to it. I'm glad hearing that the US government took the right steps in putting an end to the activities of Backpage .
Backpage got away for many years with this, and have made more money then most people will ever make in several life times, while backpage was moving forward, craigslist did completely the opposite, and completely removed their personal section all together, as it seemed CL personal section was being used also, and CL did not anything to do with that because they did not want to face the wrath of the federal govt, and there is nothing to wait and see about, backpage.com was shut down by the federal govt, and now the founders, co-founders of backpage maybe facing time in prison. The feds own backpage now, so they will either keep the domain, or could auction the domain off for a lot of money, however, I do not really know what the feds do with a domain once the domain has been seized, but they certainly do not have to do anything with it, however, if the founders are not found guilty, then the domain could be returned to the owners of backpage, however, they are likely to be convicted, and never get the domain back, and if you ask me, then I think the federal government should seize all the funds that backpage has ever earned, and I would suspect their accounts have also been seized by the government, however, I am not certain if this is the case, but if the govt has seized their domain, then common sense would imply that any accounts that backpage would have been seized by the government also.

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
Backpage got away for many years with this, and have made more money then most people will ever make in several life times, while backpage was moving forward, craigslist did completely the opposite, and completely removed their personal section all together, as it seemed CL personal section was being used also, and CL did not anything to do with that because they did not want to face the wrath of the federal govt, and there is nothing to wait and see about, backpage.com was shut down by the federal govt, and now the founders, co-founders of backpage maybe facing time in prison. The feds own backpage now, so they will either keep the domain, or could auction the domain off for a lot of money, however, I do not really know what the feds do with a domain once the domain has been seized, but they certainly do not have to do anything with it, however, if the founders are not found guilty, then the domain could be returned to the owners of backpage, however, they are likely to be convicted, and never get the domain back, and if you ask me, then I think the federal government should seize all the funds that backpage has ever earned, and I would suspect their accounts have also been seized by the government, however, I am not certain if this is the case, but if the govt has seized their domain, then common sense would imply that any accounts that backpage would have been seized by the government also.
I think that even though the government and the Fed's might believe that they have captured those that own Backpage, they shouldn't get too confident because from my experience with such trafficking ring most at times runs it's operations by proxy just to mask the real head of the snake.

Even though the Domain have been seized by the government agency, they should be on the lookout for another head to the snake that may grow out from somewhere else. Prostitution rings is just like a hydra, cut off one hand and 2 more heads would appear.

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
I learned a long time ago not to trust everything I I see or hear, so I'll just wait until I get the whole story. 7to 8 years is a pretty long time to miss something as big as this one, let's wait and see what happens.
I believe that this arrest was just issued and carried out in just a day. There must have been a serious investigation and surveillance on the activities of Backpage for a long while before it got busted. Yes it's true the whole story might not be out yet, but definitely Backpage is going down for their shady and heinous crime.

maestro

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
I believe that this arrest was just issued and carried out in just a day. There must have been a serious investigation and surveillance on the activities of Backpage for a long while before it got busted. Yes it's true the whole story might not be out yet, but definitely Backpage is going down for their shady and heinous crime.
I think the feds were working with them and something went wrong and that is why they decided to cease Backpage.

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
I think the feds were working with them and something went wrong and that is why they decided to cease Backpage.
Now I would say that's just a conspiracy theory there because there is no way to prove that the feds have a hand in such things. Even if they do, bringing the news out to the public would only do the agency bad by ruining its image and reputation.

Also the founder of Backpage would definitely have one or two things to hold onto as a chip to blackmail the feds should they make such moves on their business but none of that happened, which means that the feds certainly didn't have any hand in the action and activities of Backpage.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Now I would say that's just a conspiracy theory there because there is no way to prove that the feds have a hand in such things. Even if they do, bringing the news out to the public would only do the agency bad by ruining its image and reputation.

Also the founder of Backpage would definitely have one or two things to hold onto as a chip to blackmail the feds should they make such moves on their business but none of that happened, which means that the feds certainly didn't have any hand in the action and activities of Backpage.
I do not believe that either since backpage has been scrutinized on the news more than a few times, so it is not like they did not know this was coming, because we really do not know what was going on in the backroom between the govt and backpage, and I think those that ran backpage felt that had so much money that they were simply just about the law of the land, and backpage simply had no moral standings, it was about more money, however, it does not matter how much money you have in the US, if you commit prostition crimes, then you are going down, and I am just shocked that backpage was able to get away with this for this long, and my guess their attorneys kept them online as long as they could. If backage would have removed the children and prostitution from their site, then backpage would have died a long time ago, as they made their money on SEX, and without sex, it would have been another dead site.

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
I do not believe that either since backpage has been scrutinized on the news more than a few times, so it is not like they did not know this was coming, because we really do not know what was going on in the backroom between the govt and backpage, and I think those that ran backpage felt that had so much money that they were simply just about the law of the land, and backpage simply had no moral standings, it was about more money, however, it does not matter how much money you have in the US, if you commit prostition crimes, then you are going down, and I am just shocked that backpage was able to get away with this for this long, and my guess their attorneys kept them online as long as they could. If backage would have removed the children and prostitution from their site, then backpage would have died a long time ago, as they made their money on SEX, and without sex, it would have been another dead site.
Sometimes it seems like it's the immoral things that seem to to fetch lots of money because looking at the kind of money that Backpage must have made off sex and child prostitution, it would count in billions of dollars. Well, I'm just glad that they are finally shutdown and probably during the course of investigation, most of these kids used for child prostitution would be recovered and set free. Why are human beings so evil and heartless?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Sometimes it seems like it's the immoral things that seem to to fetch lots of money because looking at the kind of money that Backpage must have made off sex and child prostitution, it would count in billions of dollars. Well, I'm just glad that they are finally shutdown and probably during the course of investigation, most of these kids used for child prostitution would be recovered and set free. Why are human beings so evil and heartless?
I am pretty sure backpage did not start out that way, and my guess is that they started out like any other site, however, when they realized there was more money in prostitution, then they went in the direction of supply and demand; Backpage earned $135 million dollars in 2014, and reports show that the company was worth more than $600 million dollars, and when it is no longer about money, then it about power and control over others, and this is the very reason that craigslist shut down their personal adult section because it was turning into prostitution, and they did not want to go in that direction.
https://reason.com/blog/2016/10/07/charges-against-backpage-ceo-listed

KellyGeo

May 10, 2018
Credits
There is nothing we can't see online, and the activities of Backpage is a clear manifestation of how evil the world has gone down the hells road. Child's prostitution can you imagine such evil and the horrible things it would do to those kids. I'm glad they are in the governments net now and should be made to pay for all their crimes.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
There is nothing we can't see online, and the activities of Backpage is a clear manifestation of how evil the world has gone down the hells road. Child's prostitution can you imagine such evil and the horrible things it would do to those kids. I'm glad they are in the governments net now and should be made to pay for all their crimes.
Even though the govt shut down their website, they still may have a lot of money, so unless the govt has seized all their accounts, then I am sure the owners of backpage will have high powered attorneys, and I am sure they are not going to prison without a fight in court. If you ask me, then I think the govt should sell backpage to @DigitalGlobal for $100 so that an honest classifieds site could be put up, as I think the backpage domain is pretty cool.

KellyGeo

May 10, 2018
Credits
Even though the govt shut down their website, they still may have a lot of money, so unless the govt has seized all their accounts, then I am sure the owners of backpage will have high powered attorneys, and I am sure they are not going to prison without a fight in court. If you ask me, then I think the govt should sell backpage to @DigitalGlobal for $100 so that an honest classifieds site could be put up, as I think the backpage domain is pretty cool.
Haha, @DGStaff you are pretty a funny fellow. So you wish for the government to sell the site to @DigitalGlobal for $100. Would you consider buying the site if it's put up for sale even with the bad reputation it carries now?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Haha, @DGStaff you are pretty a funny fellow. So you wish for the government to sell the site to @DigitalGlobal for $100. Would you consider buying the site if it's put up for sale even with the bad reputation it carries now?
im not a fellow. ;)
a reputation is just a perception of what it was.
however, the domain authority it carries, priceless.
Even something bad can be used for something good.

KellyGeo

May 10, 2018
Credits
im not a fellow. ;)
a reputation is just a perception of what it was.
however, the domain authority it carries, priceless.
Even something bad can be used for something good.
There is logic in what you said about using something bad to do a good thing but I'm certain it's not going to be easy with having to use Backpage domain. It's going to require a lot of work to clear up the mess made by Backpage before getting any positive benefits from it.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
There is logic in what you said about using something bad to do a good thing but I'm certain it's not going to be easy with having to use Backpage domain. It's going to require a lot of work to clear up the mess made by Backpage before getting any positive benefits from it.
sure, but what use is the domain sitting in the hands of the feds when in fact it is not doing anything useful? Backpage.com has high authority, and I am pretty sure DG could do something with it, and it may not need as much work as you think since the branding is already there, so what the brand is a little muddy. :)

KellyGeo

May 10, 2018
Credits
sure, but what use is the domain sitting in the hands of the feds when in fact it is not doing anything useful? Backpage.com has high authority, and I am pretty sure DG could do something with it, and it may not need as much work as you think since the branding is already there, so what the brand is a little muddy. :)
It's true that the domain isn't doing anything being idle in the hands of the Feds but it's just not going to be possible for the feds to sell the domain yet because there is still a pending investigation going on. So therefore, should they decide to sell the domain, it's most likely to be after the investigation is complete and closed. Maybe DG should put in appeal to buy the domain. Could that work?

Top Bottom