The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Basic Rules in Cricket

Gabbar

Credits
Cricket is a sports which is most popular in India and other central parts of Asia Including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Hong kong and also in UAE and Nepal.

In this thread, I will try to share about the Basic Rules in this great game of Cricket.
First of all, Cricket can be played between two teams and each team should have a minimum of 12 players from which maximum 11 players can take part in the game.

These 11 players should include at least One wicket keeper who will keep the wickets and other ten players can be 5 Bowlers and 5 Batsman or as per the team management strategies, they can opt to have 6 batsman and 4 bowlers.

Two officiating Umpires will be on the field all the time to see if all things are in order and to supervise the game like Referees work in Football. Umpire's decision will be final in any case.

Cricket is played on a 22 yards flat strip which is made of concrete and clay, rolled and is in the center of a Ground. There is no rule regarding the Length of Boundaries.

Test Cricket is played with White clothing and Red Ball.

One Day cricket and T20 cricket is played with Colored clothing and with White ball.

All players should follow the rules of this game and if they are found breaching any rule, then are penalized for that.

Team scoring more runs is adjudged as the winner.

You can ask your questions in the comments. Thanks

Kehsiba

Credits
Here are the methods a batsman be made out
1. Catch
2.LBW (leg before wicket)
3. Bold
4. Run Out
5. Caught and bold
6. Hit out
7. Stumpings
8. Disturbing the fielding
9. 3 minutes to crease from a pavilion.
10. Retired hurt

Gabbar

Credits
Yeah and you must have seen Lasith Malinga warned for obstructing the field in Yesterday's match after which he apologized as umpires were not much strict but I don't like this rule.

Kehsiba

Credits
Yeah. But the DRS should be given for Obstructing the field too. If DRS is given a batsman or bowler can appeal the umpire. It will help to find the correct decision.

KingSaini

Credits
Cricket is a game of so many rules and this is the reason why most are unable to learn this game and have less Interest. They should make it simple for everyone to learn.

Kehsiba

Credits
Cricket is a game of so many rules and this is the reason why most are unable to learn this game and have less Interest. They should make it simple for everyone to learn.
That's not a true reason. You can see millions of fans in Asian countries. It may a less popular in non-Asian countries but it's popular few countries like England, Australia, South Africa.

Gabbar

Credits
I think there are more rules in Cricket but these can be read and easily understood and rules are important for the game to work properly. Rules can be changed and they are amended from time to time and its important as well.

A K Rao

Credits
I don't think rules can be changed and made simple just to attract more people, Rules aren't that tough and can be easily understood if one tries to.
That is very true! In India people from all walks of life, people with different age and gender enjoy this game thoroughly. Together with kids and children the grand parents also enjoy the game. They keep themselvres updated with the rules. In fact the commentator talks about the change inrules if there are any when ever it is required while commenting on TV.

Gabbar

Credits
This is why Cricket is so special for us. We can see most enjoy this game and present generation is very much interested in playing and getting entertained watching it.

A K Rao

Credits
This is why Cricket is so special for us. We can see most enjoy this game and present generation is very much interested in playing and getting entertained watching it.
In fact today parents are investing in cricket to make it as a career for their children. you can see many cricket training schools operating in cities where the kids are going early in the morning for the practice! The schools or training institutes are charging hefty fee too!

ptrikha20

Credits
Here are the methods a batsman be made out
1. Catch
2.LBW (leg before wicket)
3. Bold
4. Run Out
5. Caught and bold
6. Hit out
7. Stumpings
8. Disturbing the fielding
9. 3 minutes to crease from a pavilion.
10. Retired hurt

3 minutes to crease! That is interesting!
Post automatically merged:

Cricket is a sports which is most popular in India and other central parts of Asia Including Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Hong kong and also in UAE and Nepal.

In this thread, I will try to share about the Basic Rules in this great game of Cricket.
First of all, Cricket can be played between two teams and each team should have a minimum of 12 players from which maximum 11 players can take part in the game.

These 11 players should include at least One wicket keeper who will keep the wickets and other ten players can be 5 Bowlers and 5 Batsman or as per the team management strategies, they can opt to have 6 batsman and 4 bowlers.

Two officiating Umpires will be on the field all the time to see if all things are in order and to supervise the game like Referees work in Football. Umpire's decision will be final in any case.

Cricket is played on a 22 yards flat strip which is made of concrete and clay, rolled and is in the center of a Ground. There is no rule regarding the Length of Boundaries.

Test Cricket is played with White clothing and Red Ball.

One Day cricket and T20 cricket is played with Colored clothing and with White ball.

All players should follow the rules of this game and if they are found breaching any rule, then are penalized for that.

Team scoring more runs is adjudged as the winner.

You can ask your questions in the comments. Thanks

Well written, and would be a good guide to those who are interested in cricket but unaware about how it is played and its rules.

A K Rao

Credits
i think with some practice they can learn like we are trying to figure out newer things and I am actually very interested to know about different sports like Rugby.
Yes, In fact tennis was new to common man of India in eighties! After the arrival of TV people have learnt about the game and also about the intricacies and We have produced wonderful international tennis players too!
Post automatically merged:

I have seen this happening and many are now interested as it's one of the well paying and respected profession.
The performance of the players in the Under 14 teams looks very impressive, which talks everything how parents are encouraging tjeir wards to become cricketers!

Last edited:

Gabbar

Credits
That's not a true reason. You can see millions of fans in Asian countries. It may a less popular in non-Asian countries but it's popular few countries like England, Australia, South Africa.
Popularity of cricket is increasing but International cricket council should try to make it more popular in countries like USA and Canada.

A K Rao

Credits
Yes, I agree !When in India we can adopt base ball and have come up with the game of baseball in India and a beautiful play ground has been built on Delhi - Gurgaon border and there are many children participating in the game! Then why can't ICC can't promote this game in US and Canada, where they have lot of Indian staying in those countries today!

Gabbar

Credits
I think baseball is great and it can be a great sport for Indian people. They like to learn about new sports and enjoy and it can be a great market for the baseball.

A K Rao

Credits
I think baseball is great and it can be a great sport for Indian people. They like to learn about new sports and enjoy and it can be a great market for the baseball.
I am sure the pace with which the things are moving I am sure that the baseball is having very good future in India and we are going to have not only a good team but back up players too! Kids are enthusiastically getting trained in this sport now a days!