The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Basic terms You need to learn about Cricket Vol. 1

Gabbar

Credits
Cricket is one of the most popular games in Asia and was started in the 16th century.

In this thread, we will learn about the basic terms used in cricket which we should be aware of and they will help us in a proper understanding of this game.

Substitute: It's a player who takes the field in place of an Injured player but the player cannot bowl or bat and can only field.

Third Umpire: It's TV Umpire whose services can be taken by the on-field umpires to look closely on a thing and also on the request of the Fielding captain or the batsman.
Review: These days its possible to challenge the decision of the field umpire and the batsman or the fielding team captain to need to make a " T" Signal with their hands to challenge the decision of the umpire.

Off Side:
This is the Right side for the Right-Hand batsman.

On Side: This is the Left side for the Right-Hand batsman.

Wide Ball: When the ball is bowled wide of the player and stumps then on-field umpire should call it a wide ball and the batting team will earn one run for that and bowler need to re-ball it.

No Ball: No ball is called on Multiple occasions. When the bowler oversteps the line or bounce of the ball is above the batsman's head and also when fielding team has obstructed the field by employing lesser fielders in the inner ring.

Free Hit: Presently in One Day International and T20 cricket matches, Free hit is signaled when a bowler balls a No Ball and then the batting team earn a run for that and the next delivery to be bowled is known as free hit and batsman cannot be adjudged as out on it and can only run out, so it can take risk and hit the ball for a hit.

Thanks for reading, You can comment your questions.

A K Rao

Credits
There are many other terms which you can add to enlighten the knowledge of cricket dear friend! Thanks for sharing the terms! You can explain the three formats of Cricket i.e Test match, One Day match and T20 in brief!

A K Rao

Credits
I will try to but sometimes I think I will be required to write a full fledged Article lol and it will take a lot of time as well.
Instead of writing a big article you can add pieces of information for the information of the members here! I think that will keep up the interest among the members and that will be easier for them to understand!

A K Rao

Credits
Thanks my friend. I'll try to think and write more about it because I really like to post about Cricket and share more about it.
Yes, that is the way we can teach about this game to the members who are coming from the country where Cricket is not played but the people are interested in it! Wish you all the best and waiting for your further posts!

Gabbar

Credits
Thanks. I'm always Interested when things are attached with cricket and that's the reason I'm enjoying more On DG as we can post about Cricket and make some money as well.