The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Best Software for Blogs

Heatman

Credits
Ever since I was introduced to freelance writing, I have come up across so many software which blogs and forums are set up with and the most commonly used ones are Xenforo, MyBB, WordPress, Discourse, phpBB, bbPress, vBulletin etc. Out of all these software, I think that WordPress best serves for running blogs on than any other software.

What do you think?

chameli

Credits
wordpress is the best good content management system. It works for blogs, business websites, forums, ecommerce site as well as social networking site. Literally speaking, you can create any site with wordpress.

kattech

Credits
The different software for blogs available are for the different functions for example, WordPress is a content management system for sites and blogs while BBpress is best for Forums. What you are creating (the type of site) determines which one to use. If you are making blogs, then of course WordPress is best.

johnywalker

Credits
The OP seems to be confused about the content management system. The topic says best software for blogs, yet the description includes scripts for forums. Wordpress is for blogs and Xenforo, MyBB, phpBB, bbPress, vBulletin afre for forums and discussion boards.

kattech

Credits
The OP seems to be confused about the content management system. The topic says best software for blogs, yet the description includes scripts for forums. Wordpress is for blogs and Xenforo, MyBB, phpBB, bbPress, vBulletin afre for forums and discussion boards.
Very true but good you understood it and so the OP needs an answer. I use WordPress and it is my best CMS for blogs. The same WordPress has option for forums and can be used to create nice forums. Either way, WordPress is my choice.

overcast

Credits
WordPress and Ghost seems to be two options for the blogs. And they seem to be free of cost to download. So you may want to consider those. And see if you can use them for your own blogging and also for other usage that they offer. I think you may have to learn them through youtube.

johnywalker

Credits
Very true but good you understood it and so the OP needs an answer. I use WordPress and it is my best CMS for blogs. The same WordPress has option for forums and can be used to create nice forums. Either way, WordPress is my choice.
Wordpress is a good CMS for blogs, business websites. It can even be used for ecommerce site, forums as well as social networking site. It is very versatile CMS.

Ash

Credits
WordPress is definitely the best. What makes it amazing is that WordPress can be used as both a blog software and a content management system which is perfect for a lot of people. I'm actually using WP at the moment for a webmaster blog that I'm launching soon. Plus, the fact that it has so many themes and plugins makes it such a good choice.

johnywalker

Credits
WordPress is definitely the best. What makes it amazing is that WordPress can be used as both a blog software and a content management system which is perfect for a lot of people. I'm actually using WP at the moment for a webmaster blog that I'm launching soon. Plus, the fact that it has so many themes and plugins makes it such a good choice.
The best thing about wordpress is you can use it even without any developer skills. You can create your own website within minutes even if you are using it for the first time. Since it is a popular CMS, you can find a lot of tutorials online to get started with wordpress.

Kehsiba

Credits
Ever since I was introduced to freelance writing, I have come up across so many software which blogs and forums are set up with and the most commonly used ones are Xenforo, MyBB, WordPress, Discourse, phpBB, bbPress, vBulletin etc. Out of all these software, I think that WordPress best serves for running blogs on than any other software.

What do you think?
Yes, Wordpress is the best CMS and a newbie can easily learn from simple tutorials available on Youtube. WordPress CMS can support almost type of site.

chameli

Credits
Yes, Wordpress is the best CMS and a newbie can easily learn from simple tutorials available on Youtube. WordPress CMS can support almost type of site.
That's true. You can create any kind of site with wordpress. You can even create a social networking site on wordpress. You do not have to be a developer to use wordpress, you can easily customize the site with plugins.

Kehsiba

Credits
That's true. You can create any kind of site with wordpress. You can even create a social networking site on wordpress. You do not have to be a developer to use wordpress, you can easily customize the site with plugins.
Some features are free and some are paid. If we want any new features we can hire a developer and add that feature on WordPress. Recently, I saw a post that Google is going to join WordPress to enhance the News feature.

chameli

Credits
Some features are free and some are paid. If we want any new features we can hire a developer and add that feature on WordPress. Recently, I saw a post that Google is going to join WordPress to enhance the News feature.
Wordpress as content management system is open source which means you do not have tp pay wordpress CMS. However, if you want to create a hosted website with wordpress you will have to pay at least money. If you wnat added functionality on your self hosted wordpress site, you wil have to use premium plugins and theme, which also cost momey.

overcast

Credits
WordPress being easy. I think one can invest a good time into it. And it can get you started with blog or the site. It may not always work out. But it seems like it can be good enough on many grounds. And people can easily get the software done as well.

Heatman

Credits
Exactly! The last time I tried helping out a very good friend of mine to set up a new blog for his fashion business, it was very easy to complete the task. Although it requires $60 monthly pay now to set up one.

chameli

Credits
Wordpress powers about 65 percent of all websites. This shows the popularity of wordpress. Wordpress also has more free themes and plugins compared to the rivals like Joomla and Drupal.

Heatman

Credits
Wordpress powers about 65 percent of all websites. This shows the popularity of wordpress. Wordpress also has more free themes and plugins compared to the rivals like Joomla and Drupal.
Seriously, I would give it up for WordPress when it comes to being the most popularly used software for blogs and other websites. When it comes to its themes and plugins, they offer the very best and makes the software easier to use and very friendly. A newbie webmaster can use WordPress software without needing any extra help from anyone.

chameli

Credits
Seriously, I would give it up for WordPress when it comes to being the most popularly used software for blogs and other websites. When it comes to its themes and plugins, they offer the very best and makes the software easier to use and very friendly. A newbie webmaster can use WordPress software without needing any extra help from anyone.
When I decided to launch my own self hosted blog, I knew nothing about creating a site. After buying domain and hosting, I went to youtube and searched for video tutorials. I was able to create my blog with a couple of posts just in an hour. THis is the beauty of wordpress.