The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Blog or Forum

Heatman

Credits
Blogs and forums are the two major platforms webmasters uses to achieve their purpose of running either of the site. Now, some people prefer owning a blog while other are more of forums inclined. There might be the reason why their choices are different but personally, I prefer forums over blogs because forums are more engaging than blogs. Most blogs, the owner is the sole publisher of contents but forums makes it possible for visitors to add contents as well to the site.

Between blogs and forums, which one do you prefer and think it's better?

Kei

Credits
I definitely prefer forums. Unless the blog is a multiple niche, there's a limit to what you can discuss about whereas forums have a variety of topics.

Like you said, the blog owner is usually the sole publisher of content but in forums, a topic can be covered extensively because of the contributions of different people with variety of ideas.

I also think that the forum owner doesn't have to struggle so much with visitors and traffic especially when it's a paying forum.

Heatman

Credits
I definitely prefer forums. Unless the blog is a multiple niche, there's a limit to what you can discuss about whereas forums have a variety of topics.

Like you said, the blog owner is usually the sole publisher of content but in forums, a topic can be covered extensively because of the contributions of different people with variety of ideas.

I also think that the forum owner doesn't have to struggle so much with visitors and traffic especially when it's a paying forum.
Exactly! The availability of content on forums is never a problem because any member on the platform can chip in a content on any topic that they have something worth sharing with all the forum members.

But the quality of content is what differs from what is obtainable in blogs and that of forums. The content on most blogs is of higher quality than what we see on most forums.

johnywalker

Credits
None. I don't think I will ever get a blog or a forum. I am interested in an ecommerce site. Having said that I might have a blog section on the ecommerce site.

Heatman

Credits
None. I don't think I will ever get a blog or a forum. I am interested in an ecommerce site. Having said that I might have a blog section on the ecommerce site.
If you have plans to still have a blog section on your e-commerce site, why not start the blog now and groom it to the taste you desire and then patch it up with or to your e-commerce site? It's just a suggestion.

ahmedo24

Credits
I will prefer to have a forum. Forums can have lots of sections with different topics so that different people can actively create and contribute on, and forums are easier to navigate compared to blogs.

Kehsiba

Credits
I definitely prefer to have a blogging site. That's actually simple and easy to earn money after 2 years. But in the case of forums, we need to invest more to get traffic. Maintaining a blog is also not an easy task. You feel bored after seeing no revenue. But still, patience can make you paid.

Gabbar

Credits
I think many prefer to have a Forum but you need to be active on the forum to check if none is abusing the website and its rules and if we can control that than its a good option to go for forum.

ahmedo24

Credits
I think many prefer to have a Forum but you need to be active on the forum to check if none is abusing the website and its rules and if we can control that than its a good option to go for forum.
The same thing is applicable to blog too, it just depends on the type of blog or forum your are operating on, everything require supervision so that optimization and higher ranking can be achieved.

Gabbar

Credits
The same thing is applicable to blog too, it just depends on the type of blog or forum your are operating on, everything require supervision so that optimization and higher ranking can be achieved.
Blog can be a good option as well but it depends from a person to person like Mr. B is making more money than any blogger can.

ahmedo24

Credits
I know of a blogger in my country that is making good also from blogging. Her name is Linda ikeji, so it all depends how is everyone is able to carve out niche for his or herself in making money online. Seun Osewa is also a forum owner and his making money every seconds from forums.

Kei

Credits
Forums to me are more advantageous than blogs. You do not only get a wide array of information when it comes to versatility, but you'll also be getting expensive knowledge based on different perspective that people have.

ahmedo24

Credits
Forums to me are more advantageous than blogs. You do not only get a wide array of information when it comes to versatility, but you'll also be getting expensive knowledge based on different perspective that people have.
That is right, the opportunity it offers different members to contribute their opinions makes it more educative such that all members and the admin will also learn cos no one knows all.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes this is really true, the knowledge that you would learn is unlimited not just from a single person but also to wide range of people. Forums are one of the best contributor when it comes to opportunities and earnings.

a_jerobon

Credits
Blogs and forums are the two major platforms webmasters uses to achieve their purpose of running either of the site. Now, some people prefer owning a blog while other are more of forums inclined. There might be the reason why their choices are different but personally, I prefer forums over blogs because forums are more engaging than blogs. Most blogs, the owner is the sole publisher of contents but forums makes it possible for visitors to add contents as well to the site.

Between blogs and forums, which one do you prefer and think it's better?
I would prefer owning a forum site. Like you said, forums give everyone a chance to participate unlike a blog where you will be the only one doing the publishing. It is a lot of work and more hideous as you do not have company from other people like in forum sites where you can even borrow ideas from them.

Junrose123

Credits
Yes it is true that in a forum many people can participate or join to it, unlike in a blog that it is just limited to your self and needs a lot of work to be able to earn more.

Gabbar

Credits
Yes it is true that in a forum many people can participate or join to it, unlike in a blog that it is just limited to your self and needs a lot of work to be able to earn more.
That's why it's tough to handle a forum as well and many like to try blog as it's easy as compared to having a forum and may require less investment as well.

Gabbar

Credits
I would really choose forum because of being convenient even though it would require us more time and patience in managing it.
Good to know but if you think having a forum is easy than you need to pay members as well and if you have a blog then you don't need to pay that much to anyone.