The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Kehsiba

Credits
When comes to hosting on Bluehost then it never fails to show their performance. It offers various hosting packages with high quality and performance. A basic shared hosting starts at $2.59 and extends up to $5.95. If you want ultra high-quality performance you can buy dedicated hosting.

The dedicated plans are costlier than shared plans and recommended for your growing business. You can get a dedicated IP address on this plan. If you want to know more on hosting plans, just check this link.

Also check this thread:https://digitalglobal.com/community/threads/dreamhost-hosting-review.1595/

johnywalker

Credits
By paying $2.59 for a basic shared hosting, what do I get in return? I mean can I host multiple sites with this package? How muck disk space am I give, how much bandwith? Is free SSL included?

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
By paying $2.59 for a basic shared hosting, what do I get in return? I mean can I host multiple sites with this package? How muck disk space am I give, how much bandwith? Is free SSL included?
May be better if you just go to their site in order to find out their specs and rates. I have heard of bluehost (cool name) however, I can not say that I have ever used them. DG Forum is running on a shared host, and I have seen this notice one or two times saying "resource limit reached" However, there may come a day where I may be forced to upgrade to a VPS; Running a forum and marketplace will not be possible if the online marketplace should become popular, and currently, the marketplace is in standby mode, and that alone is not using a lot of resources, but could be using some resources, and I think the forum is starting to peak toward the top of the resource level, but if I traffic picks more, and more resources are used, then I may have to upgrade.

chameli

Credits
May be better if you just go to their site in order to find out their specs and rates. I have heard of bluehost (cool name) however, I can not say that I have ever used them. DG Forum is running on a shared host, and I have seen this notice one or two times saying "resource limit reached" However, there may come a day where I may be forced to upgrade to a VPS; Running a forum and marketplace will not be possible if the online marketplace should become popular, and currently, the marketplace is in standby mode, and that alone is not using a lot of resources, but could be using some resources, and I think the forum is starting to peak toward the top of the resource level, but if I traffic picks more, and more resources are used, then I may have to upgrade.
I have heard of Blue Host but never checked their prices and packages. I have a blog which runs on namecheap shared hosting. Since I receive small traffic, I have never received alerts like resource limit reached. DG must be getting a good traffic, by the how traffic can shared hosting handle. can it handle 10k daily traffic?

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
I have heard of Blue Host but never checked their prices and packages. I have a blog which runs on namecheap shared hosting. Since I receive small traffic, I have never received alerts like resource limit reached. DG must be getting a good traffic, by the how traffic can shared hosting handle. can it handle 10k daily traffic?
I am not sure about the traffic load, and I am not sure if large traffic volume has any effect. It is about how much resources your site is using, so lets say you setup a WP site, and install 100 plugins, your WP, and plugins consume resources of the server, and I would not say we are getting alot of traffic, and the last time that I checked, it was around 2.3k visitors for the month of sept, some hosting providers have "unlimited bandwidth" however, resources are never unlimited, and if your site uses to much resources, then your site may become temporarily unavailable until your resources return back to normal, even more so on a shared host because you are pretty much sharing available resources with 100s of other clients that may be running on the same hosting server.

As your site grows....
Your resource usage will also...

DG Marketplace will use resources
DG Blog will use resources
DG Forum will use resources

anything you run will require resources from the server to operate.

johnywalker

Credits
@DigitalGlobal I do not have any experience of running a website. I always had an impression that shared hosting cannot handle a large traffic (because the servers are being used by multiple websites at the same time). I did not know the problems related to shared hosting are more of the issues with using resources.

chameli

Credits
I recently checked Bluehost pricing, if your plan is to host multiple websites, you should definiately try this because it offers very cheap hosting fee for unlimited websites. Howeve, if you are using only one website, there is nothing like namecheap.