The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Budget for a new smartphone

Heatman

Credits
I'd like to hear your opinion when it comes to budgeting on purchasing a new smartphone. Let's take into consideration one's monthly or weekly earnings to be on an average basis, how are you willing to cough up in order to purchase a new mobile phone device? Remember that as the day goes by, new brand comes out and it all directly impacts on the cost of the existing products and the new ones. Personally, I would budget anything within the range of $150-$200 maximum.

moh254

Credits
I cannot buy a phone costing over $100. This is because am very careless when it comes to handling phones and most of my phones don't last over two years. I always prefer just a smartphone which has a good camera, 4gb ram, 16gb internal storage and etceteras mostly for my online jobs.

Credits
Considering the fact that new phones come into the market daily with even more superb features I don't think spending so much on a phone makes so much sense.I prefer to get a good phone with at least very good features for about $250 and use it for about 3 years or until it goes bad.

ahmedo24

Credits
I cannot buy a phone costing over $100. This is because am very careless when it comes to handling phones and most of my phones don't last over two years. I always prefer just a smartphone which has a good camera, 4gb ram, 16gb internal storage and etceteras mostly for my online jobs.
If you are getting smartphone with all the facilities above less than or equal to $100 in your country then I must say phones are cheaper in your country cos here you will get such phones at about $150 or more for a brand new one

Gabbar

Credits
In India we have a lot of competition and you can even buy a good smartphone at around 150 dollars and if you spend around 250 dollars then can buy a greater one.

Heatman

Credits
I don't know any smartphone that would come with a good camera, 4GB Ram, and 16GB internal storage to be within the cost of $100. Maybe 8 years ago, it would be possible but now, I really don't think so. But if you are sure that such phones exists, I would like to know the particular smartphone.

ahmedo24

Credits
@Heatman, I also doubted it but I couldn't argue it cos we are from different countries so definitely the price of things we differ and probably He is in the country where such smartphones are being manufactured

Gabbar

Credits
I don't know any smartphone that would come with a good camera, 4GB Ram, and 16GB internal storage to be within the cost of $100. Maybe 8 years ago, it would be possible but now, I really don't think so. But if you are sure that such phones exists, I would like to know the particular smartphone.

I guess Chinese brands are available but we need to see how effective they are and how this is possible by looking at reviews of a particular product. Best to spend few more bucks to have a good phone.

ahmedo24

Credits
If you find Chinese phones with these facilities, there is Evey tendency that the speed will be very low, it may not accept some apps and probably it might be grade second new

moh254

Credits
It depends with where you come from. Here in Kenya, we got variety of classic phones. Like for instance mine, I bought it at $100. That's infinix hot 5 lite. The camera is epic, 16gb internal memory ans 4gb. Even upto $60 you can get a very good phone. If your country always impose high taxes on the imported goods then definitely the goods sold at shops will be high.

Gabbar

Credits
Minimum 3 GB RAM is required and if we want at least 32 GB ROM and good battery life than we need to spend at least 200 Dollars.