The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 106 more

[Forum] Can I promote affiliate links on DG Forum?

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
Only if you create useful, and valuable information to our visitors that would justify using an affiliate link. We are like everyone else that sees little to no information, and affiliate links posted all over the place, which does not work for us, nor does it work for our visitors that may click on a biased affiliate link.

With that being said:

• Your review must be honest, and provide value to our visitors.
  • You may include one affiliate link in the main post.
  • You may not reply to posts with affiliate links.

Always do a search before posting. If we find that you are dropping affiliate links when reviews have already been created, then we will remove those affiliate links. When visitors come to a site, then they do not want to do a search and find 10 listings of similar reviews, then on top of that cluttered with affiliate links.

Remember: You can also make use of signature links.

johnywalker

Credits
I think writing a good review for a genuine company/program and promoting your referral link helps the forum as well as you. The forum benefits because your post provides some information, and the post benefits you have a higher chance of getting leads. So far I have not promoted any affiliate links, however, I might do if I have something to promote.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
I think writing a good review for a genuine company/program and promoting your referral link helps the forum as well as you. The forum benefits because your post provides some information, and the post benefits you have a higher chance of getting leads. So far I have not promoted any affiliate links, however, I might do if I have something to promote.
I no longer allow affiliate links, and for good reason.

Because google says so...

According to google guidelines, you must add a no-follow attribute to affiliate links, and by not doing this, then the forum could receive a google penalty. Google has this thing when it comes to paid links, and they all must be no-followed, and I do not have the time to follow posters around tagging individual affiliate links, so I have decided not to allow affiliate links.

One of the quickest ways of killing your site is not following google guidelines.

and allowing affiliate links will not help as much as you think as people often post re-hashed content on the site that they have already posted on dozens of other sites, and for the most part, they do it once, and you never see them again, and I really do not see that has a benefit, other then to litter up the forum with affiliate links. I have already deleted a dozen moderated posts already that contained affiliate links, and the pattern appears to be self-serving, and no real overall benefit for the forum.

If you see any posted affiliate links, then please report them.