The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Can you actually make money by flipping domains?

chameli

Credits
A couple of years ago, I read that a certain man registered a domain with the name of newly born Mark Zuckerberg's daughter. Later he sold the domain for $700 that he had registered just for $10. I was so encouraged by this news that I registered a bunch of domains in a hope to sell them later. Sadly, I did not succeed in selling my domains in the first year, I renewed them. In the past two years I am only spending in renewal, I have not been able to sell my domains. I have tried sedo and flippa, but in vain.

Gabbar

Credits
Thanks for sharing this with us. I am not that much aware about it but I feel there should be something special in our domain so that we can expect to make more money from it.

johnywalker

Credits
I read on one thread that Digital Global paid a hefty price for this domain name. The previous owner must have made a lot of money by flipping this domain. In order to earn money from flipping domain, your domain must have a commercial value.

chameli

Credits
In have checked flippa and every now and then I see domains being sold. However, it is not happening to me. It is true tht the domain names with commercial value (the premium domains) or the brandable domains or the domain with keywords have more chances of being sold, however, based on my experience I believe it is more of a luck.

overcast

Credits
Some people do make money. But some of them require more efforts for the work. And the thing is that flipping domains does not always work out for many people. I have learned that domains these days are not that attractive. It's the business behind that can be thought as well.