The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Can you use paypal to buy and sell bitcoins?

chameli

Credits
paypal does not directly allow you to buy bitcoins from paypal funds and you also cannot receive paypal funds against bitcoins. You might contact the seller/buyer directly and use paypal to buy and sell bitcoins, however, officially you cannot use paypal. I hear that coinbase allows paypal in the US. However, I am not sure about this. You can use third party service like virwox to buy and sell bitcoins.

Gabbar

Credits
Being in India my PayPal is limited and I cannot buy with PayPal but I don't think we should pay with PayPal, Skrill would be a better option.

ahmedo24

Credits
eToro allows you to get bitcoin using PayPal but the challenge with it is that you can only use PayPal to invest in bitcoin but you can't buy it and get it deposited to your wallet such that you can send it to others. Sites that offer such services are paxfull and local bitcoin though the charges are high and the processing time is longer.

Junrose123

Credits
I think it is not possible to buy bitcoins using your PayPal since that was only the problem that I was facing before when I was trying to buy bitcoins for future investment. I just withdraw my money to my PayPal and just cash in to a certain pawnshop an amount of bitcoins to my coins.ph account.

Kehsiba

Credits
Being in India my PayPal is limited and I cannot buy with PayPal but I don't think we should pay with PayPal, Skrill would be a better option.
We can use paypal to buy anything but I don't have any idea about Bitcoin direct purchase but we can buy indirectly with money exchanging sites.
I am still using my paypal to buy most of the things.

ahmedo24

Credits
We can use paypal to buy anything but I don't have any idea about Bitcoin direct purchase but we can buy indirectly with money exchanging sites.
I am still using my paypal to buy most of the things.
I guess you should read up, I mentioned one or two that accepts PayPal to buy bitcoin, though there are conditions attached to such transactions

Junrose123

Credits
I am expecting that in the future PayPal would now accept payments or pays through bitcoins for online transactions. If that time would come then surely people will be more attracted to have PayPal as their primary payment processor.

Gabbar

Credits
I am sure it's not possible but there are a few complicated ways through which we can convert our bitcoins to PayPal cash but I'm still not properly aware of it and it can be full of risks as well.

ahmedo24

Credits
There are other currencies that are more stable than bitcoin and PayPal is yet to accept them, I doubt PayPal to accept bitcoin in the near future except the currency become stable and controlled by Government.

Junrose123

Credits
I am sure it's not possible but there are a few complicated ways through which we can convert our bitcoins to PayPal cash but I'm still not properly aware of it and it can be full of risks as well.
Well everything is possible under the sun since we cannot really predict what might gonna happen in the future. I am eyeing a major changes in PayPal as time goes by.

ahmedo24

Credits
For sure every payment processor will require system upgrade and review of policies to suit the trend, may be if PayPal consider the possibility of using it without issues it may be available for all to use it for bitcoin transactions

arunima25

Credits
Bitcoin is not accepted and is not stable in India. So PayPal in India would not accept it until and unless it is regulated by Government. I have never tried to earn in Bitcoin as it is not accepted and stable in my country. I did not try to explore ways to do so.

Gabbar

Credits
Well everything is possible under the sun since we cannot really predict what might gonna happen in the future. I am eyeing a major changes in PayPal as time goes by.

I am not. I cannot expect PayPal to be any lenient as it needs to work under the rules of the central government of a country and Indian Government is never trying to make is simple for us.

arunima25

Credits
I am not. I cannot expect PayPal to be any lenient as it needs to work under the rules of the central government of a country and Indian Government is never trying to make is simple for us.
It might not be so simple but you can not totally despise it off. If Bitcoins get really popular and widely accepted, Government in India might bring rules for it in near future. So far it is not accepted and stable in many countries and not only India.

ahmedo24

Credits
@Gabbar with present situation of bitcoin and other coins PayPal will definitely not allow such transactions partnership but if it eventually get the global acceptance it could be possible

Junrose123

Credits
I understand your sentiments since your government is not yet accepting bitcoins for some reasons, but let just wait that the bitcoins be accepted worldwide then let us see the major changes that might happen. I am hoping a lot that bitcoins could get a 100 percent acceptance in the future.

arunima25

Credits
That is very true. Many countries are not accepting bitcoins at present and so does PayPal in these countries. But once Bitcoins gain too much popularity across Globe, the government in these countries might have to bring some changes in rules and regulations and so will PayPal in these countries. We have to be hopeful about that.

Junrose123

Credits
I am hoping that bitcoins could get an approval of all the countries so that it can already compete with PayPal in the future. I really like the bitcoins because of its low fee in making a transaction from it.

Credits
There are other currencies that are more stable than bitcoin and PayPal is yet to accept them, I doubt PayPal to accept bitcoin in the near future except the currency become stable and controlled by Government.
Your last statement is apt,until Bitcoin is stable and also be under the government I doubt it to be accepted by PayPal as a very stable and credible platform. PayPal don't need mess from any where.

Junrose123

Credits
Most of the people nowadays that are new to bitcoins don't really trust or accept bitcoin for online transactions. I understand that up to this moment they maybe hesitant to accept it for some reasons but I guess in due time everything within bitcoins would be fine.