Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

Choosing the Right Affiliate Marketing Program

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
If you have chosen to become an affiliate marketer, then you are going to have a lot of questions. For example, how do you choose the right affiliate marketing program? Here are some tips for doing just that, and feel free to ask questions, so our knowledgeable community can help you in your affiliate marketing journey.

Choose a Reputable Company

You need to select a reputable company to work with as an affiliate. You need to do this for a couple of reasons. You need to know that the company has good quality products that you won't risk your reputation in promoting. You also need to make sure that you are going to actually get paid for your efforts, and all of these are very important points to follow, and be sure products and services that you promote are of the highest quality, otherwise, why do all this work building your affiliate business just for it to come crashing down in the end, and if your affiliate company is not paying you as promised, then this can be problematic as well. As an affiliate, you certainly want to be paid on-time, right? So when choosing the affiliate network you want to work with, then use common sense, and do some research.

Choose a Company that Offers Support and Fair Commissions

You are also going to want to select a company that offers you a good deal of support in regards to promoting their products. You will want things like text links and email content offered to help you with your marketing efforts. Additionally, you will need to find a program that is going to pay you a fair commission. You do not want to put in a lot of work to promote something only to be paid a small amount of money; Some people start by joining Amazon affiliate program and start off by promoting Amazon products, however, some complain that Amazon commissions are really small, and this maybe true to a point, however, amazon does a good job of paying you for products that you may not even be promoting, for instance, your site maybe about razor blades, however, your visitors are following your amazon link, then they may end up buying other products that may not even be related to your niche, which is a good thing, however, your amazon cookie only lasts for one day.

Choose a Company that Pays Monthly

You want to look for an affiliate program that pays monthly. If they happen to pay weekly or bi-weekly even better. You just need to be sure that you are happy with the frequency in which you will be getting paid for your efforts and sorry to say, this would not be Amazon, if you were to setup an amazon affiliate site today, and someone made a purchase through your affiliate link, then you may not see that commission for 60-90 days, and amazon will squeeze everything out of you, and if your account is banned, then you could possiblty lose your entire amazon commission because of amazon's delayed policy on paying their affiliates.

Choose a Company that Keeps Current with Their Products

You need to choose a company that keeps current with their product lines. You don't want to end up promoting an out-of-date product line that no one is interested in buying. So make sure that this is something you look into before committing to be an affiliate for a company, and since we are using Amazon as our example, then you should be fine in this regard as I would imagine that Amazon would tell their sellers to keep their product information up-to-date, however, your job is to make sure your facts are correct about amazon products that you are promoting, otherwise, if not, then Amazon could end up banning your affiliate account over compliance issues.

Keep all of these tips in mind and you are sure to find an affiliate company that meets your needs.

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
Choosing a reputable company that offers good quality service and products is one way to ensure that one makes it as an affiliate marketer. Since the company is well-known for its excellence in products and services, there is always the increased chance of getting people use your affiliate promotional link to purchase goods. As an affiliate marketer, one needs to be careful with his job, take for instance in keeping products information updated frequently in order to avoid any complaints after buying because it wouldn't benefit the affiliate marketer or the company to lose customers confidence which would impact on the sales number negatively.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Choosing a reputable company that offers good quality service and products is one way to ensure that one makes it as an affiliate marketer. Since the company is well-known for its excellence in products and services, there is always the increased chance of getting people use your affiliate promotional link to purchase goods. As an affiliate marketer, one needs to be careful with his job, take for instance in keeping products information updated frequently in order to avoid any complaints after buying because it wouldn't benefit the affiliate marketer or the company to lose customers confidence which would impact on the sales number negatively.
@DigitalGlobal has something like that for the forum, and you should be able to see your affiliate link on the right sidebar of the forum, so if you promote your forum profile link, then you would get paid something like $5 when the affiliate's referral has made around 100 posts, and it is not designed to make you rich, but if you already have content on your site that related to business, blogs, etc, then you would just insert a link on your site, and I am pretty sure the vendor platform has an addon to setup affiliates also, however, I do not know how that would work at this time, and it would be no different then any other affiliate program, and if you are looking to support our site, then becoming an affiliate would be an option.

Last edited:

maestro

Credits
Reviewing testimonials is the best way to find the best marketing programs. Find out about the support offered by the providers in order to make sure that your platform has the broader capabilities you’ll need as your program matures

Hova

Credits
Choosing an affiliate marketing program that is always available is very important as an affiliate. So make sure you look at historical data to see whether there have been any downtime in the past and if there were, how did the providers handle the situations. Also just like @maestro said you should check the customer feedback to see if the providers met their commitments in the past.

Credits
The vendor platform that DG has in mind does have an affiliate addon, and I would expect that DG would get the affiliate addon also, however, I do not know much about the affiliate part as it would take some reading up on, and I would think it would act as it would on any other site if you were to signup as an affiliate, and you are right, not only do you have to take care of customers, you have to take care of affiliates also so they will promote the site.

Reviewing testimonials is the best way to find the best marketing programs. Find out about the support offered by the providers in order to make sure that your platform has the broader capabilities you’ll need as your program matures
Sometimes you have to be careful when relying on reviews, some reviews maybe legit, and other reviews may have been paid for, and I think Amazon is notorious by sending out solicited emails in order to get reviews on the products that their customers have purchased.

Heatman

Credits
The vendor platform that DG has in mind does have an affiliate addon, and I would expect that DG would get the affiliate addon also, however, I do not know much about the affiliate part as it would take some reading up on, and I would think it would act as it would on any other site if you were to signup as an affiliate, and you are right, not only do you have to take care of customers, you have to take care of affiliates also so they will promote the site.

Sometimes you have to be careful when relying on reviews, some reviews maybe legit, and other reviews may have been paid for, and I think Amazon is notorious by sending out solicited emails in order to get reviews on the products that their customers have purchased.
Luckily DG would be successful in getting it's affiliate addon in no distant time, it's going to be a great achievement and a positive step towards realizing the forum goals.

About what you mentioned about reviews, it's such a shame that not all reviews are to be fully trusted because some are just paid for which makes a mockery of the whole review itself.

maestro

Credits

I just checked out the fake Amazon review thing and I am shocked that they are up to their knees in fake reviews paid for by third-party sellers. Apparently 5.3 million Amazon reviews are fake!

johnywalker

Credits
In order to make money with affiliate marketing, you need to choose a right product and promote it to the right people. You also need to choose an affiliate network that best works for you. The one that is working for you may not work for me. For some people clickbank works better and for some Amazon. It all depends on what you are promoting and how you are promoting.