The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

cinderella

Credits
If there is one change that we appreciate in the modern world, I bet you would agree with me if I would say that it is the opportunity of being able to work from home. From the traditional 9-to-5 office work, we now have the option to work right in the comfort of our home. This working scheme can benefit us in many ways. Our own workspace, freedom in terms of time, having no boss, etc.

However, it is also common knowledge that working from home is also associated with some issues. This is the presence of several distractions that could hinder our productivity. Personally, one of the distractions I would usually encounter is the noise created by several factors such as other people in the neighborhood. What I would do is to work early while everyone else is sleeping. This would help me concentrate more on my work.

What distractions are you dealing with as you work from your own place and how you overcome these issues?

Gabbar

Credits
I do make some money while working from Home but I feel most of these issues are domestic like noise and domestic duties. Its a good thing to work early in the morning as most will be sleeping and we can work properly.

cinderella

Credits
Apparently, online workers share almost similar issues when it comes to working from home and the best way to address the issue is by working when everyone else is sleeping. There are also issues such as an unannounced visit from friends, social media, and television shows. Of course, we cannot deny the fact that domestic duties are also a distraction.

Have you ever tried placing a "DON'T DISTURB" sign in your working area?

Credits
Working from home have a distraction like having uninvited guests or visitors that might take too long to call it a day.They keep on bringing up one discussion after another and it becomes very difficult to concentrate. I sometimes work outside the home to have my privacy.

Kei

Credits
Oh do I hate the distractions. Domestic duties are my major problems. Because I'm at home, I have to do one thing or the other even when I don't want to. People keep popping in and out calling and me having to drop whatever I'm doing and go attend to them. This is why I love to work late at night. The night time is calm, peace and quiet.

cinderella

Credits
Working from home have a distraction like having uninvited guests or visitors that might take too long to call it a day.They keep on bringing up one discussion after another and it becomes very difficult to concentrate. I sometimes work outside the home to have my privacy.
That is a good strategy to consider. We can work in another place if we find that we cannot deal with the distraction of staying in our own place. At any rate, we are working online and we can work anywhere so long as there is an internet connection.

Oh do I hate the distractions. Domestic duties are my major problems. Because I'm at home, I have to do one thing or the other even when I don't want to. People keep popping in and out calling and me having to drop whatever I'm doing and go attend to them. This is why I love to work late at night. The night time is calm, peace and quiet.
Working at night can help us concentrate more on our work. I'm glad you can do it in your place. My issue with working at night is that people in the neighborhood would sometimes have parties in their homes and they are singing with video (videoke) up until midnight.

Kei

Credits
That is a good strategy to consider. We can work in another place if we find that we cannot deal with the distraction of staying in our own place. At any rate, we are working online and we can work anywhere so long as there is an internet connection.

Working at night can help us concentrate more on our work. I'm glad you can do it in your place. My issue with working at night is that people in the neighborhood would sometimes have parties in their homes and they are singing with video (videoke) up until midnight.
I'm sorry about that. It must be really distracting. It is quiet at night here. I guess your best option is to work in the very early hours of the morning before the circle of noise and crowd begins.
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry about that. It must be really distracting. It is quiet at night here. I guess your best option is to work in the very early hours of the morning before the circle of noise and crowd begins.

Gabbar

Credits
I earlier thought of having an office at home but dropped the Idea from time being but I feel it can help us facing less distractions and we can work properly and earn from it.

cinderella

Credits
I earlier thought of having an office at home but dropped the Idea from time being but I feel it can help us facing less distractions and we can work properly and earn from it.
I only designated a certain portion of our living room for my online working space. I am planning to have a separate room but I just don't have enough budget for that. Perhaps if I have a separate room as a working place, I would have fewer distractions while working. Hopefully, I could save for this project. Though I have other priorities so in the meantime, I have to settle for what I currently have.

moh254

Credits
Noise distraction is the main problem. Also, I like working from the comfort of my bed or couch and hence will find myself at times sleeping. Also, I might end up start watching a movie forgetting that I was working
This always slows down my earnings but am.trying to cope up with it at times.

cinderella

Credits
Noise distraction is the main problem. Also, I like working from the comfort of my bed or couch and hence will find myself at times sleeping. Also, I might end up start watching a movie forgetting that I was working
This always slows down my earnings but am.trying to cope up with it at times.
Finding that part of our home which would motivate us to work will help. Convert an area to a working station. Television, social media and games are great distractions. You can set a time for these activities when you are not working.

anorona

Credits
Noise is the most common distraction that we have to face when working at home. I live in a compound place along with our relatives. My auntie has a business of selling and delivering beverages(softdrinks, beers, bottled water) and during day time all you can hear is the sound of those cases being transfered to their delivery truck.

That is why I like to do my online works at night, it is quiet and peaceful, I can easily focus.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
My main and only distraction working at home is my husband. We're both at home all day and in the same room. There is no space for me to create a workstation anywhere else in our apartment. I love it when he falls asleep! :)

Gabbar

Credits
I only designated a certain portion of our living room for my online working space. I am planning to have a separate room but I just don't have enough budget for that. Perhaps if I have a separate room as a working place, I would have fewer distractions while working. Hopefully, I could save for this project. Though I have other priorities so in the meantime, I have to settle for what I currently have.
Good luck to you for that. I already have a separate portion in which I can shift anytime and then there won't be any distractions but I'm waiting for the right time for that and presently I'm with my family and sometimes is distracting but it also helps as well.

ahmedo24

Credits
Working from home is one of the easiest ways to make money conveniently, and honestly, it does require total concentration so that you don't type jargons or trash as this makes distractions a major issue; I do encounter such distractions when my friends visit me during the day, and I just have to close up and face them.

anorona

Credits
Someone suddenly talks to me while I am working is also a distraction. There are times that my mind gets interrupted and I forget the idea that I am about to type. Working inside your room is one of the best places to avoid these distractions.

Gabbar

Credits
Someone suddenly talks to me while I am working is also a distraction. There are times that my mind gets interrupted and I forget the idea that I am about to type. Working inside your room is one of the best places to avoid these distractions.
This happens a lot with me and I remember sometimes I post wrongly on those occasions and then need to edit the post immediately and I feel we are not alone as these things happen with all of us.

ahmedo24

Credits
The best way to get the job done perfectly is to be alone so that you have total commitment in putting your ideas into proper writing without any distractions