The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Content Management System for Blogs

johnywalker

Credits
Well, wordpress is the obvious choice for most of the bloggers. However, there are many limitation of wordpress. For instance, wordpress is prone to hacking. Wordpress is also not very good for the site that gets large traffic. What other content management systems are available for a blog? Is there no alternative for wordpress for blogging?

cinderella

Credits
Technically, there are other CMS that we can use such as Drupal and Joomla!. However, when it comes to functionality and ease, WordPress is the top choice among bloggers. Some are also using Blogspot, Weebly, and other sites. I would personally choose WordPress because it is easier to use. Perhaps, we just have to take all precautionary measure in order to secure our website.

chameli

Credits
I have used wordpress, I think there is no better alternative to wordpress. There are website builders like weebly, wix etc. However, it you want to use the premium version, you might end up paying $4-$6 every month. You van have a wordpress site under $1 a month if you choose a shared hosting from namecheap

johnywalker

Credits
Technically, there are other CMS that we can use such as Drupal and Joomla!. However, when it comes to functionality and ease, WordPress is the top choice among bloggers. Some are also using Blogspot, Weebly, and other sites. I would personally choose WordPress because it is easier to use. Perhaps, we just have to take all precautionary measure in order to secure our website.
I hear that Drupal and Joomla are for the large websites that have a large member base, for instance ecommerce site like ebay and Amazon. I don't think Drupal and Joomla are appropriate for blogs.

chameli

Credits
I hear that Drupal and Joomla are for the large websites that have a large member base, for instance ecommerce site like ebay and Amazon. I don't think Drupal and Joomla are appropriate for blogs.
I can see some alternative content management system for blogs on my cpanel account when I click softcalous. However, I have never checked these options. I am with wordpress because it is versatile yet easy to use.

kattech

Credits
Well, wordpress is the obvious choice for most of the bloggers. However, there are many limitation of wordpress. For instance, wordpress is prone to hacking. Wordpress is also not very good for the site that gets large traffic. What other content management systems are available for a blog? Is there no alternative for wordpress for blogging?
While WordPress is probe to hacking, facts is you can control it. Several control options are available which you can try for example hide headers plugin. In the other hand, Joomla, Wix and drupal are other cms worth to try

chameli

Credits
You can of course create versatile website in Joomla or Drupal, however, you need developer level skill to use these CMS. Since Wordpress is already the best CMS for blogging, why should you be thinking about other CMS for blogging.