Register
Join
+ 113 more

Digital Global Marketplace Suggestions.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Here is your chance to get the attention of @DigitalGlobal

What type of products should DG marketplace allow?

I know for a fact that DG has plans for a very advanced eCommerce site, however, when I look at the backend, this is more designed to allow vendors to sell their products, and I have my doubts depending on what is being sold in the marketplace. Let's take furniture for instance, as we all know, furniture can be purchased at any furniture store, not only that, this is the type of product that may not be an easy sell as furniture has a higher price tag, and this is why I am asking for your opinion, and this may also help DG in the long run also. What type of marketplace should DG have? The last thing I would like to see is selling cost prohibitive merchandise in the marketplace, and having to explain to the customer why the UPS plane crashed, thus watching their furniture burn to ash in the crash, and I don't think our overall objective is to deal with stuff like this, in other words, the marketplace should sell products that would be delivered easy and fast.

after all this, there is more....

What about the competition? sites like:
ebay.com, amazon.com, clickbank.com
and I am sure there are dozens more that have been around for years.

If you would like my personal opinion, then I would like to see DG offer freelance services ie: Fiverr and I think it would be a cool name Digital Global Freelance Marketplace, however, the eCommerce script does not appear to have any type of freelance options, even though, it does have an option to sell digital downloads, which is a far cry from having options like Fiverr, and the reason I would vote for having a freelance site is because I think these types of products and services would sell better.

Got something to say?

Now is a good time to say it.

Open for discussion...

Digital Global Legit or Scam?

Last edited:

chameli

Credits
I think the marketplace should allow the users to buy and sell domain and websites. There are many webmaster forums that have a marketplace for domains and websites, however, none of these marketplaces are working well. I want this forum to become one of the best places for domain/website flipping.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
I think the marketplace should allow the users to buy and sell domain and websites. There are many webmaster forums that have a marketplace for domains and websites, however, none of these marketplaces are working well. I want this forum to become one of the best places for domain/website flipping.
You mean something like flippa.com?

I have had a chance to look over the documentation for the marketplace, however, I am still no expert on learning how it all works, and the good news is that the marketplace is really scalable, which means the marketplace can be scaled to any degree possible, but your suggestion of adding a domain marketplace is advanced, which means that DG would have to hire a professional coder in order to add such functions. I can already tell you that DG is interested in adding freelance options, but even this is not going to happen before the marketplace becomes popular, and this would mean that the marketplace would need to have a lot of vendors selling high-quality products.

I think it would be great to have a multi-marketplace which means vendors could sell just about anything they want such as physical merchandise, digital products, freelance services, or even domain/transfer services, however, the default marketplace would only support selling physical products, and digital products and the other two features are advanced, and certainly could be added in the future, and that is if @DigitalGlobal wants to go in this direction.

Here is the idea I thought of last night.

I was thinking about the forum structure last night, and I am not sure money-making sections are the best idea, however, the idea is good for those coming to the forum looking to make money, however, exactly, how does this help the marketplace? People that visit the forum looking to make money may be interested in promoting the marketplace using their affiliate link, and that is it, what we really need to be looking for is vendors that would be willing to list their products in the marketplace.

So, my idea would be to create "certain" discussion categories that would be related to what the marketplace could sell, and I think this would help the marketplace, because if people have discussions on certain products, then this could bring traffic to the marketplace that is looking for certain products. for instance, I could set up a jewelry section, by having jewelry topics, then this would bring traffic to our site that may be interested in buying or selling jewelry.

I think it is great that people want to do reviews about other sites, however, as a whole, talking about money, or even reviews about other sites will not really help our marketplace in the future, and I think our discussions should be on marketplace products and services, as this will be the type of traffic we would like to target in order to bring in marketplace buyers and sellers.

Here is something you did not know!

DG Forum has an option for allowing merchants/vendors to add their products, and services, however, this is only reserved for vendors so they can add their products and services to our resource section, then they would be able to link back to their marketplace listing. The resource section would be reserved for vendors that gross more than $1,000 per month, then they would be able to request a forum upgrade in order to access the resource section on the forum.

Our resource section is not populated simply because we have no vendors, and the marketplace is not online, however, if you would like to see what the resource section could look like, then click the link below, and this will give you an idea.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/

cinderella

Credits
Thank you for this great opportunity. I think this idea will help those who have products and services to sell and at the same time those who need an additional helping hand in their business. Perhaps you can also offer courses to enhance the skills of the members.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Thank you for this great opportunity. I think this idea will help those who have products and services to sell and at the same time those who need an additional helping hand in their business. Perhaps you can also offer courses to enhance the skills of the members.
DG mentioned this sometime back, and he does not have any interest in offering courses simply because Digital Global is not a membership site, however, DG does plan on releasing digital ebooks so the marketplace can have something when he does open the marketplace/store, however, if vendors want to list their courses in the marketplace, then I would imagine they would be able to do so by uploading their digital coursework within their client panel, of course, they can not do this until the marketplace opens.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
DG mentioned this sometime back, and he does not have any interest in offering courses simply because Digital Global is not a membership site, however, DG does plan on releasing digital ebooks so the marketplace can have something when he does open the marketplace/store, however, if vendors want to list their courses in the marketplace, then I would imagine they would be able to do so by uploading their digital coursework within their client panel, of course, they can not do this until the marketplace opens.
If you are referring to teachable.com or Udemy.com then I have no plans for that.
If the seller offers such courses, then they would be able to list in DG marketplace.

I do like the idea of offering domain/freelancer services, and this would require
custom work, and the costs can skyrocket by implementing such features.

We have to work with what we have, and it will depend on our success level
in order to see if it would be worth looking into adding these extensive features.

Credits
I was looking at some posts from @DigitalGlobal and @Gabbar concerning the use of apps. If you guys can give DG some app ideas. If DG got an app, then what would you like to see in the Digital Global App? After all, this is our suggestion thread, and I do agree with DG to a certain point unless APP could carry out certain functions compared to visiting our site through a browser, then there would be no real reason to have an app. I know apps are created for various reasons, mostly to carry out tasks such as playing games, checking the weather, however, this is not a gaming site or weather site, so the app would have to be useful.

What would you like to see in DG App?

Gabbar

Credits
I was looking at some posts from @DigitalGlobal and @Gabbar concerning the use of apps. If you guys can give DG some app ideas. If DG got an app, then what would you like to see in the Digital Global App? After all, this is our suggestion thread, and I do agree with DG to a certain point unless APP could carry out certain functions compared to visiting our site through a browser, then there would be no real reason to have an app. I know apps are created for various reasons, mostly to carry out tasks such as playing games, checking the weather, however, this is not a gaming site or weather site, so the app would have to be useful.

What would you like to see in DG App?
To be honest, I am happy with the web version and it works very well on Mobile as well, So I don't feel there is any requirement of DG App as it will require Some investment as well.

Credits
I have done some brief research on the following for DG marketplace.

• Digital Global Affiliate
  • Digital Global Rewards (points)

Besides the marketplace, the affiliate system and loyalty rewards is a very extensive addon for the marketplace, and I have estimated that it would take 1-3 days in order to complete the setup and learning process for each addon.

If we were to compare this to Amazon, then we all know that the commission that Amazon offers starts around 8% then can go up from there, however, we are not Amazon, however, a lot of people complain about low commissions, and after reading some docs on the affiliate system, now I know the reason why. The reason Amazon fees are so low is the fact that Amazon pays this fee, not Amazon vendors. For example. If you were a vendor that sold high priced products, would you pay 50% to your affiliates? No, you would not, however, Amazon vendors do subscribe to Amazon services in order to sell their products on Amazon, but the affiliate fee is paid by Amazon, not the seller/vendor, and this is why Amazon commissions appear to be very low.

By reviewing our affiliate system, or future system, not all products are created equal, some categories may have a higher affiliate payout, for instance, digital/download products may offer higher affiliate commission payouts, while products that are more expensive, and harder to ship may demand a much lower commission. I am not sure how this affiliate addon compares to Amazon affiliate system, and I will look into this more, as we would want to give our affiliates the best incentives of earning income by promoting Digital Global Marketplace using their Digital Global Affiliate link, so I am taking notes.

As for Loyalty Rewards, there really is not that much to this. When a buyer makes a purchase, then buyers would earn reward points for every dollar they spend on Digital Global Marketplace. For Instance, if you earned 1 point for every dollar spent, then you will earn 1000 points if you spend $1,000 in the marketplace, and these reward points can be used as a discount on your next purchase, however, I am not sure what DG would set the discount/conversation rate, for instance, for every $1 you spend, then you would earn 1 point, then 1000 points could equal to $1 discount on your next purchase, now you are going to say that is rather low, not really since DG did not earn $1,000, but merely a small commission from that $1,000 that was sold. I also think that the DG Affiliate system, and DG Loyalty rewards work hand in hand, however, I have not made it that far yet.

There is one more thing that I would like to add about this impressive affiliate addon is the fact that it does support multi-level affiliates, so in theory, affiliates could earn commission by referring other affiliates that signup, but I am not sure if DG would enable or even support this option, if so, then it would allow affiliates to signup other affiliates and let them do the work, but if people expect to pay lower fees, then this option may not be all that viable, and could be pretty mute, and remember, someone would have to pay these affiliate fees, reward points, multi-tier affiliates, and that would be @DigitalGlobal.

and you should always factor in that there will be fees.

DG Marketplace Fees
vendor upgrade fees (if any exist)
payment processing fees ie: Paypal, credit cards, transaction fees
dispute/chargeback fees.

There is certainly a lot for DG to consider.

Credits
I have set up a new category called DG Marketplace, and these are discussion only categories, as we feel that these categories may bring the right traffic to our forum and marketplace. Our goal is to list products that we would allow in the marketplace.

For Instance:

DG Marketplace (DG Discussion)
Pet Lovers > Dogs > Have a discussion on dogs, puppies, etc.

Not only do people love their pets, they also love buying pet products for their pets, so if we have the right discussions, then we can bring pet lovers to our forum, then they could also buy pet products that could be listed in our marketplace. This will also bring pet sellers to our forum/marketplace, as there will be vendors that will be looking to sell their pet merchandise.

If you would like to see a product category added, then feel free to make a suggestion.

You will earn DG Coins in these areas, again, if our members continue to post junk/trash, then these posts may be deleted. If you are going to create a post or thread, then make sure you bring a lot of value to your post, otherwise, it will be gone. Do not create useless posts that one really cares about. If you can't post value, then make room for others who can post quality.

Credits
@DigitalGlobal has been tossing some ideas around.

DG Marketplace - a standard marketplace for buyers and sellers that can sell digital and physical goods on a local level, and since we are located in the US, then it is highly unlikely that people from overseas would ever order from the marketplace.

B2B Marketplace - a Business 2 Business marketplace that allows B2B sellers to sell their products in bulk, and B2B buyers would buy their products and either drop-ship or resell these products on their own business website.

DG Freelance Marketplace - This would be something like peopleperhour, fiverr, where freelancers can sell their freelance services on a global scale ie: DigitalGlobal.com

What do you guys think?

SeaGirl

Credits
I feel you need to be patient about it. Yesterday I checked beer forum and checked few thread. They took years to establish Marketplace and now they are successful.

Credits
I feel you need to be patient about it. Yesterday I checked beer forum and checked few thread. They took years to establish Marketplace and now they are successful.
When I refer to DG Marketplace, then I am not talking about the forum marketplace, I am talking about the marketplace that will be on the home page of DigitalGlobal.com, a real buyer and seller marketplace, however, forum members can always use their coins in the forum marketplace if they are interested in buying and selling micro tasks which would be smaller tasks.