The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Do we need to limit our selves from accessing social media sites?

Junrose123

Credits
Social media sites is very in demand and very popular nowadays and I feel that many people are being addicted to it and we cannot deny the fact that excessive use of it may leads to some health problems later on. I think that sometimes we need to limit our selves from using social media sites because it is for our own safety,

Do you really limit your selves from using social media sites? What can you say about it?

Gabbar

Credits
If you spend whole lot of time on social networking website then I don't think you can spend the required time at work and most importantly with the family and this affect us a lot. This can affect our personal as well as professional life and the air in our respective homes won't be the same and it'll affect our mind as well.

Katriona_22

Credits
I do limit myself from using it, I just browse for 5 minutes or more then that's it, if I stay too long for about an hour I felt dizzy and I feel the damage on my eyes.

moh254

Credits
I would love to know about the health effects you're taking about. Anyway am not a great fan of social media platforms because am.kind of busy offline with books and the rest.

Gabbar

Credits
LOL, I hope you are kidding because I am aware that you like Social networking websites a lot and you like to spend more time on these websites but probably you have been busy with life and studies and its a good thing actually

Junrose123

Credits
I would love to know about the health effects you're taking about. Anyway am not a great fan of social media platforms because am.kind of busy offline with books and the rest.
I think the bad effects of excessive use of social media sites is the possibility that we might have some eye problems for prolong use of it which is I think not really good to our health.

Kei

Credits
I think my brain does the calculation for me. Why? Because I have an order for my priorities. I know when it is time to take a break and when to go back to work. Not to be condescending but anybody spending all their time on social media has nothing else to do. Think about it.

Junrose123

Credits
Well that is good to know because yo are able to do it because sometimes I cannot make it to have some breaks to visit the social media sites because of my busy schedule in my work.

chameli

Credits
I will rather prefer to use social site to do creative or productive things rather than limit my social activities. For example, I will be spending more time to build my followers, share my contents, get engagements on my contents, rather than spend time on selfie posting or chatting.

Junrose123

Credits
I mostly used social media sites to entertained myself and I am not really able to visit and make use of it very often because I am trying to maximize my precious time.

Thakur

Credits
Social media sites is very in demand and very popular nowadays and I feel that many people are being addicted to it and we cannot deny the fact that excessive use of it may leads to some health problems later on. I think that sometimes we need to limit our selves from using social media sites because it is for our own safety,

Do you really limit your selves from using social media sites? What can you say about it?
If I don't limit myself on social media I would go mad. I never experienced such nervousness and anxiety until the popularity of social media. There's just too much to see and get overwhelmed about. I am only going on for a few minutes and check in with my family and go on about my life.

amitkokiladitya

Credits
Whenever anything comes into action, It is important that there is a set limit to it. Overuse or excess of anything is bad and same is the case with social media. I remember days when I wasted a lot of time just surfing social media sites. My online work suffered a lot and this made me lose all my extra monthly earnings. Moreover, there was no associated benefit of sticking with these social sites.

I, therefore, monitored self-control and now I visit these sites only one in a day. Just a short glimpse at the newsfeed makes me aware of my surroundings.

JolietJake

Credits
I basically 'live' the majority of my life online.

I don't think it is injurious to my health in any way, in fact quite the opposite. Since I really don't like being around people, it enables me to socialize without the stress and anxiety I would feel otherwise.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
I don't limit myself. My social media activity is limited because I only have 2 hands, one laptop, and there are only 24 hours in a day and I need at leat 7 of those hours to sleep and some additional time to take care of personal matters. If I could access my social media accounts more, I would! I agree with JolietJake.

suny

Credits
I am very much active on social media but not addictive to any of them. I am taking full advantage of social media sites without even going to them (by using social media sharing buttons). Social media is one of the best ways of earning more money directly and indirectly.

Thakur

Credits
I am very much active on social media but not addictive to any of them. I am taking full advantage of social media sites without even going to them (by using social media sharing buttons). Social media is one of the best ways of earning more money directly and indirectly.
This is a good approach you have. I like that idea of earning indirectly from social media too. If ever you write any articles about it I look forward to learning more. Right now still I limit my time on social media.

suny

Credits
This is a good approach you have. I like that idea of earning indirectly from social media too. If ever you write any articles about it I look forward to learning more. Right now still I limit my time on social media.
I have written couple of articles on this subject on almost every site I write for. My two latest articles on this very topic are available on Rationalmind(dot)club on the front page. I hope you will find them interesting. Thanks for asking.