The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

Do You Have The Best Domain Name For Your Business?

Credits
A good Domain Name should be Short and can easily be remembered and recalled, it should be unique and easy to type, avoiding any slang like buzybeez because it might be spelled as busybees or teasbiz might be mispelled into teasbiz.

Credits
A good Domain Name should be Short and can easily be remembered and recalled, it should be unique and easy to type, avoiding any slang like buzybeez because it might be spelled as busybees or teasbiz might be mispelled into teasbiz.
Yes, your domain should be short, and easy to remember, but short domains are getting harder and harder to find, and it is always best if your domain is brandable. Do you want to be known as a brand? or some generic site that people will forget very quickly? DigitalGlobal.com is not all that short, but it is very brandable and super easy to remember, and if you cant remember this domain, then seek medical attention ASAP, ROFL. @DigitalGlobal got this domain for the fact that he could implement something digital related and could be sold on a global scale.

Credits
Yes, your domain should be short, and easy to remember, but short domains are getting harder and harder to find, and it is always best if your domain is brandable. Do you want to be known as a brand? or some generic site that people will forget very quickly? DigitalGlobal.com is not all that short, but it is very brandable and super easy to remember, and if you cant remember this domain, then seek medical attention ASAP, ROFL. @DigitalGlobal got this domain for the fact that he could implement something digital related and could be sold on a global scale.
You are quite right on that there is an impending shortage of short domain names and that not all short names are that easy to remember. There are many long names that are very memorable like Digital Global, it is super brandable and easily understandable in a global scale, people won't get confused with its spelling because it's very plainly spelled but it has that touch of class and sounds like an old reliable big brand.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
You are quite right on that there is an impending shortage of short domain names and that not all short names are that easy to remember. There are many long names that are very memorable like Digital Global, it is super brandable and easily understandable in a global scale, people won't get confused with its spelling because it's very plainly spelled but it has that touch of class and sounds like an old reliable big brand.
thanks. The domain does sound like a big brand, and there is no doubt about that, however, what type of big brand does it, or should it stand for? Would it be good enough for a freelance site? I do not think it would even come close to competing with lets say Fiverr, however, it does not really have to compete, the brand name just has to be able to stand on its own, or we could go with some type of B2B site, I recently ran across GlobalSources.com, and they have a high authority; B2B does business with other businesses and individuals all over the world, and all of these is still easier said then done, and the question is do I really want to deal with all the craziness that other people bring to the table such as complaints, disputes, I did not get this, I did not get that, then the site would need constant updates, upgrades, and regular maintenance, or maybe I want to set something up that may not require a lot of updates, such as some digital directory, then again, that does not sound appealing for this type of domain which even sounds better then Global Sources, until I get something figured out, then I will keep searching until I find something.

Credits
thanks. The domain does sound like a big brand, and there is no doubt about that, however, what type of big brand does it, or should it stand for? Would it be good enough for a freelance site? I do not think it would even come close to competing with lets say F#@%$r, however, it does not really have to compete, the brand name just has to be able to stand on its own, or we could go with some type of B2B site, I recently ran across GlobalSources.com, and they have a high authority; B2B does business with other businesses and individuals all over the world, and all of these is still easier said then done, and the question is do I really want to deal with all the craziness that other people bring to the table such as complaints, disputes, I did not get this, I did not get that, then the site would need constant updates, upgrades, and regular maintenance, or maybe I want to set something up that may not require a lot of updates, such as some digital directory, then again, that does not sound appealing for this type of domain which even sounds better then Global Sources, until I get something figured out, then I will keep searching until I find something.
I have been known to come up with a good idea or two, and I have an idea that I think you should consider. I do not think you are completely sold on the freelance site idea, so how about setting up a multi-vendor e-commerce site? With a domain like Digital Global, then sellers can setup their own shops no matter what they are selling, for instance, some seller may want to sell their digital products and service, while other sellers may want to sell t-shirts, or whatever, and I see no reason why B2B sellers could not setup shop as well, so Digital Global can cater to just about any shop, not only that, you could setup your own shop, and sell those eBooks you been talking about; I will PM some links to you.