+ 36 more

Does Instagram Work for Your Business

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
4.00 star(s)
Instagram is an enormously popular social media platform that more and more businesses are starting to use. You will find that some businesses will have more luck marketing on this platform than others. So does Instagram work for your business? If not, then consider signing up for Instagram today, what do you have to lose?

You Can Market on Instagram

Just like you would on any other social media platform you are going to want to start increasing your followers. You can do this by posting at optimal times during the day. You just want to make sure not to post too often or people might not be interested in the content that you are providing them with.

You Can Provide Your Audience with a Call to Action

You can give your audience a call to action through the posts that you make on Instagram. Just make sure that the call to action that you give them is simple to follow otherwise you will not have a great deal of success. Make sure your audience is compelled to take action right away.

Make Sure to Cross-Promote

You need to be aware that not everyone is going to be using Instagram so you need to learn to cross-promote. Share your Instagram account on other social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. Be sure to invite your audience to follow you on Instagram so you can grow your following there.

Over-posting is Bad

Again you do not want to over-post while on Instagram. You want to post once during the day and one time during the evening and you are likely to grow your level of engagement. You need to consider all of these things and more when you decide whether Instagram will work for your business. If you are able to do all of these things, then Instagram will definitely work for your business.

Heatman

Credits
About 3 or 4 years ago when I was still a fan of Instagram, I happened to have seen lots of business being promoted on the social media network and it seems to be working perfectly in getting the desired results that the business owner intended for his or her business. Just like Facebook has thousands of active users, the same thing is equally obtainable on Instagram, and from a close observation, it seems that celebrities use Instagram more often than they do use Facebook, so it's definitely a good place to market one's business products and services.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
About 3 or 4 years ago when I was still a fan of Instagram, I happened to have seen lots of business being promoted on the social media network and it seems to be working perfectly in getting the desired results that the business owner intended for his or her business. Just like Facebook has thousands of active users, the same thing is equally obtainable on Instagram, and from a close observation, it seems that celebrities use Instagram more often than they do use Facebook, so it's definitely a good place to market one's business products and services.
I think Instagram would work better if you had some type of fashion or photography business, however, I am sure that people use IG for all sorts of reasons, which is fine, and I can say 100% that I have never been to their site, and since I do not take pictures, then IG would not be for DG either.

Hova

Credits
Creating an Instagram business account which come with a lot of perks which include Instagram’s analytics tools called Insights. With Insights you get to see stats such as impressions and reach for your content to help you decide what posted material is being received better.

Heatman

Credits
I think Instagram would work better if you had some type of fashion or photography business, however, I am sure that people use IG for all sorts of reasons, which is fine, and I can say 100% that I have never been to their site, and since I do not take pictures, then IG would not be for DG either.
Yes probably, when it comes to businesses that are image or photos related, it's best to pursue it using Instagram because the social media is relatively seen as a picture based social media sites. If you take a closer look at the content being uploaded on the site on daily basis, 90% of these contents are more of pictures than words. So therefore, it's definitely going to suit any business that is fashionable with pictures take for instance; dresses, cars etc.

Hova

Credits
Yes probably, when it comes to businesses that are image or photos related, it's best to pursue it using Instagram because the social media is relatively seen as a picture based social media sites. If you take a closer look at the content being uploaded on the site on daily basis, 90% of these contents are more of pictures than words. So therefore, it's definitely going to suit any business that is fashionable with pictures take for instance; dresses, cars etc.
I totally agree with you on this one, photos and videos are the among the most important marketing tools that instagram has. The best part is instagram comes equipped with impressive editing tools and you should always make use of them. You can use the many displays and beautiful colors to decorate your profile in order to attract more users. Instagram is more than a social media platform imo.

Heatman

Credits
I totally agree with you on this one, photos and videos are the among the most important marketing tools that instagram has. The best part is instagram comes equipped with impressive editing tools and you should always make use of them. You can use the many displays and beautiful colors to decorate your profile in order to attract more users. Instagram is more than a social media platform imo.
Forgive me for being so very honest but I seriously don't have a clue about all the features of Instagram because I don't use it, not for business purposes nor even personal purposes as well. I just have a general knowledge about how the social media works but I haven't really had the opportunity of using because I'm more comfortable with Facebook and Twitter than any other social media networks.

Hova

Credits
If you are not using Instagram to market your products and services or just your business as a whole, then you need to create a business account as soon as possible. There is a marketing tool called 'Sprout Social' which I would recommend for all business owners. You get to manage multiple accounts and you also get to know what the best time for post so that your content can get to the targeted audience.

Heatman

Credits
If you are not using Instagram to market your products and services or just your business as a whole, then you need to create a business account as soon as possible. There is a marketing tool called 'Sprout Social' which I would recommend for all business owners. You get to manage multiple accounts and you also get to know what the best time for post so that your content can get to the targeted audience.
I haven't heard about this marketing tool called Sprout Social before, I would like to know more about it. How it works, how it's used and how to apply it. Is it marketing tool Sprout Social free? If it's not free, what does it cost? I have lots of questions to ask about this marketing tool, I think it would be better if you can create a new thread about to hand us full detailed information on what it's all about.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I haven't heard about this marketing tool called Sprout Social before, I would like to know more about it. How it works, how it's used and how to apply it. Is it marketing tool Sprout Social free? If it's not free, what does it cost? I have lots of questions to ask about this marketing tool, I think it would be better if you can create a new thread about to hand us full detailed information on what it's all about.
It does not appear to be free and @Hova mentioned Sprout Social in another post, and it may be something similar to HootSuite which helps you manage your social media accounts, In rewards to Instagram, then that is something one has to decide if they think IM will benefit their business plans.

Heatman

Credits
It does not appear to be free and @Hova mentioned Sprout Social in another post, and it may be something similar to HootSuite which helps you manage your social media accounts, In rewards to Instagram, then that is something one has to decide if they think IM will benefit their business plans.
I think that I would have to seek out more information about Sprout Social to know more about it. As I'm not familiar with Instagram, maybe it's the reason why I haven't heard about it before. I don't think it is applicable to Facebook or Twitter because I'm sure to have come across it since I'm more active on those two social media platforms.

KellyGeo

Credits
I have seen a lot of business being carried out and marketed through Instagram and it's actually moving in my opinion because if you take a closer look at the social media network, you are going to realize that it's rising well up the ranks just like Facebook did, and a lot of people are moving into Instagram. I read on some comments above that celebrities are more into Instagram lately than other social media networks and it's actually true. So by targeting such personalities with your online business, you are most likely going to succeed.