The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Dot forum domain for online forums

johnywalker

Credits
There is a domain name especially reserved for forums, however, we don't see many forums using this domain extension. The ideal domain name for a forum would be dot forum, for instance, if this forum domain name was digitalglobal dot forum instead digitalglobal dot com, search engines would easily find this site when someone searched for forums. What's your view on this regard?

Credits
There is a domain name especially reserved for forums, however, we don't see many forums using this domain extension. The ideal domain name for a forum would be dot forum, for instance, if this forum domain name was digitalglobal dot forum instead digitalglobal dot com, search engines would easily find this site when someone searched for forums. What's your view on this regard?
I do not agree with that; Our forum is currently on a sub-domain, and having a forum has never been part of DG's goal, and from the crap I am seeing posted all over the forum, now I can see why, and to be honest, if the quality does not improve, then there is no real reason to have the forum, as just one high-quality post from @DigitalGlobal can mute every post on the forum, and if you do not know what I mean by that, then please take at the last article that DG published, then you will be able to compare blog quality vs forum quality and you will be able to tell very quickly that there is no comparison, and the winner is?
https://digitalglobal.com/blog/best-freelancing-jobs-for-beginners/

However, there is no reason that a forum on a subdomain cannot be popular also. I have run across a few forums that reside on a subdirectory, and there is nothing wrong with that, and some of those sub-domain forums have high authority, but we are not going reach a level of high authority if our forum members continue to post sub-par meaningless content.

chameli

Credits
In terms of SEO, the domain extension does not really matter. It does not matter whether you are using xyz or com when it comes to rank on search engines. What ultimately matters is the quality of the contents published on the website. having said that niche domain are becoming very popular these days.

kattech

Credits
From my own understanding, forums are not like blogs. Blogs tend to have lengthy posts as opposed to forums which keep hings shorter depending on the kind of question or thread. Reading @DGStaff post above scared me. That if..
if the quality does not improve, then there is no real reason to have the forum
Its like one security is less.. That is my word.

Back to the point, the domain name to chose be for a forum or site or blog is a choice by the owner. The dot forum extension is new. It came when many older forums existed for years. It sometimes cost to change domain names well as for new entrants, they may take it on.

johnywalker

Credits
I do not agree with that; Our forum is currently on a sub-domain, and having a forum has never been part of DG's goal, and from the crap I am seeing posted all over the forum, now I can see why, and to be honest, if the quality does not improve, then there is no real reason to have the forum, as just one high-quality post from @DigitalGlobal can mute every post on the forum, and if you do not know what I mean by that, then please take at the last article that DG published, then you will be able to compare blog quality vs forum quality and you will be able to tell very quickly that there is no comparison, and the winner is?
https://digitalglobal.com/blog/best-freelancing-jobs-for-beginners/

However, there is no reason that a forum on a subdomain cannot be popular also. I have run across a few forums that reside on a subdirectory, and there is nothing wrong with that, and some of those sub-domain forums have high authority, but we are not going reach a level of high authority if our forum members continue to post sub-par meaningless content.
I am not basically talking about digital global. I know this site has a forum on a subdomain. The main site is a marketplace. I am talking about the forums that are using various extensions like net com etc for forums. I think If your site is primarily a forum skite having a dot forum domain will add more value.

chameli

Credits
I think personalized domains like dot forum for a forum, do bog for a blog, dot pizza for a pizza store etc. are a great names for your niche website. I think personalized domains give the dea about the nature of the website, which ultimately helps in attracting traffic.