The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more

[Forum] Duplicate Content Is a Cardinal Sin!!!

Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
When you signup to a forum, you do agree to the terms, right? Most sites have a big rule, and that is not posting duplicate content, and for very good reason, Google does not like duplicate content, in fact, if a site has too much duplicate content, then Google can penalize a site, and this is called a google penalty, as a whole, if we get less ranking in search results, then this is not good for DG, for members, and for our overall community. Duplicate content is a silent site killer!!!

There are two cardinal sins that a site can suffer from:

1: Posting duplicate content.
2: Posting content that is not unique.
(ie: stealing content from other sites)

and these two points are two separate issues. If posting the same content all over the forum is not bad enough, it is even worse if you make a single post, and you copied it from another site, so there are two separate cases of duplicate content, in other words, internal duplicate content, and content you copy from another site in order to post it as your own, and Google really hates this, and will deem sites that do this low-quality, as a result, a Google penalty....

When I wake up in the morning and find out I have members that can not follow the simplest guidelines and rules just ruin my day. Why are you really here? Are you here to help our forum, or contribute in ruining our forum for everyone else? So what is it? Do you think you are self-entitled? Do you think someone owes you something for just coming around? If this is the case, then just keep your self-entitled self where you are right now; We will be just fine without you.

If you are unsure, then do a search before posting!!!

We are strict, But we are fair!
We are strict, But we are reasonable!

* Use the report user option, and receive DG Coins if the report turns out to be valid.

Please do not ruin my day,
and I promise not to ruin yours....

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
When you signup to a forum, you do agree to the terms, right? Most sites have a big rule, and that is not posting duplicate content, and for very good reason, Google does not like duplicate content, in fact, if a site has too much duplicate content, then Google can penalize a site, and this is called a google penalty, as a whole, if we get less ranking in search results, then this is not good for DG, for members, and for our overall community. Duplicate content is a silent site killer!!!

There are two cardinal sins that a site can suffer from:

1: Posting duplicate content.
2: Posting content that is not unique.
(ie: stealing content from other sites)

and these two points are two separate issues. If posting the same content all over the forum is not bad enough, it is even worse if you make a single post, and you copied it from another site, so there are two separate cases of duplicate content, in other words, internal duplicate content, and content you copy from another site in order to post it as your own, and Google really hates this, and will deem sites that do this low-quality, as a result, a Google penalty....

When I wake up in the morning and find out I have members that can not follow the simplest guidelines and rules just ruin my day. Why are you really here? Are you here to help our forum, or contribute in ruining our forum for everyone else? So what is it? Do you think you are self-entitled? Do you think someone owes you something for just coming around? If this is the case, then just keep your self-entitled self where you are right now; We will be just fine without you.

If you are unsure, then do a search before posting!!!

We are strict, But we are fair!
We are strict, But we are reasonable!

* Use the report user option, and receive DG Coins if the report turns out to be valid.

Please do not ruin my day,
and I promise not to ruin yours....
oh S#$t!

What did I miss?

In other words:

I am fair, but dont F$%K with me.

That does sound pretty reasonable.