The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

Ebooks VS Printed Books

Meryemm

Credits
This debate is very popular! Ever since ebooks came to life, people have been debating which is better, ebooks or printed books. We can see that when it comes to music, fewer people are buying CDs and most just download music directly to their devices. Can the same be said when it comes to books? Did ebooks really succeed in replacing printed books? I mean, both sides have good points. The experience of reading a printed book and gently flipping the pages and that great smell of books is surely a great experience. But ebooks are also great because we can have an unlimited number of books ready to be read within our devices, and we won't even feel that and we no longer have to make a decision and choose which books to bring, we can bring them all with us!

For me, I love reading printed books and I enjoy that experience, but I am a student at University and I always need a lot of books to be present with me wherever I go, so, for this reason, I prefer ebooks. I sometimes even start with reading the digital format of a book and if I really like the book, I'll buy the printed version.

What do you guys have to say about this?

Gabbar

Credits
Honestly speaking I won't choose any book lol. I will go for the Physical book as it gives me a good feeling but when we travel than we may not go with that much baggage of books so on those occasions Ebooks can be preferred.

Meryemm

Credits
Honestly speaking I won't choose any book lol. I will go for the Physical book as it gives me a good feeling but when we travel than we may not go with that much baggage of books so on those occasions Ebooks can be preferred.
So you're into both types and you just work with whatever suits you! I think I can say the same for me. But I have some friends that are extreme and some are totally against printed books and the others are against ebooks.

Gabbar

Credits
So you're into both types and you just work with whatever suits you! I think I can say the same for me. But I have some friends that are extreme and some are totally against printed books and the others are against ebooks.
I feel in this world we need to be flexible and rigid things perish soon and the same applies to us. If we have too much attachment with the Physical books than we won't be able to travel much as we need to carry a huge baggage with us all the time which can easily be replaced by Ebooks.

Meryemm

Credits
I feel in this world we need to be flexible and rigid things perish soon and the same applies to us. If we have too much attachment with the Physical books than we won't be able to travel much as we need to carry a huge baggage with us all the time which can easily be replaced by Ebooks.
Exactly. We shouldn't be too stubborn and go to extreme lengths to keep believing in one idea or one point of view. It should all depend on what serves us best and what gets things done.

Gabbar

Credits
I have seen many that are a fan of Kindle and they like to add more and more books into it and even have reading goals. Also its easy to find Ebooks than Traditional books.

ahmedo24

Credits
Acessing e-book is a lot cheaper compare to printed books but I prefer printed books cos you can always read them at anytime bit e-books can only be accessed via devices and once the battery is down you won't be able to access it.
E-books can easily get corrupted and that might be the end of it.

Credits
Sometimes there are things we can't really choose it like we just need all.I like both physical and ebooks.It like the serve two different functions.I feel better reading physical books but ebooks can be stored better.So if I have the two forms then better.

Gabbar

Credits
I feel Ebooks are in Trend and they have many advantages over Printed books and that's why most are preferring these. Ebooks are inexpensive, easy to carry and No baggage, So we can easily travel with these books and continue with our hobby.

a_jerobon

Credits
This debate is very popular! Ever since ebooks came to life, people have been debating which is better, ebooks or printed books. We can see that when it comes to music, fewer people are buying CDs and most just download music directly to their devices. Can the same be said when it comes to books? Did ebooks really succeed in replacing printed books? I mean, both sides have good points. The experience of reading a printed book and gently flipping the pages and that great smell of books is surely a great experience. But ebooks are also great because we can have an unlimited number of books ready to be read within our devices, and we won't even feel that and we no longer have to make a decision and choose which books to bring, we can bring them all with us!

For me, I love reading printed books and I enjoy that experience, but I am a student at University and I always need a lot of books to be present with me wherever I go, so, for this reason, I prefer ebooks. I sometimes even start with reading the digital format of a book and if I really like the book, I'll buy the printed version.

I used to love printed books a lot when I was in highschool. I still love them a lot and I have many in my shelve in my house. Printed books are what I was taught to read and what I have been reading for the past 15 years. Like you, I am also in university and I have to read many books. This is where ebooks come in. I get variety of books online that aid my studies. I also love reading novels and most times I go to the school library to read. Other times, I read novels online through an App known as AnyBooks. So for me, both ebooks and printed books are equally useful.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we all used to read printed books only but with time we need to change as these days ebooks are more in demand as they don't require much space and are even cheaper as well.

ahmedo24

Credits
I think we all used to read printed books only but with time we need to change as these days ebooks are more in demand as they don't require much space and are even cheaper as well.
Not very many people like reading on the screen because of light sensitive. Secondly the e-books could get corrupted any time. I still prefer hard copy book to read
Post automatically merged:

Not very many people like reading on the screen because of light sensitive. Secondly the e-books could get corrupted any time. I still prefer hard copy book to read

johnywalker

Credits
I will always choose ebooks because they are not only cheap but also save the environment because you do not have to cut trees to make paper. Ebooks also create less environmental damages because you don't have to use hazardous chemicals to print books. It is also easy to store ebooks. You can carry hundreds of thousand books always with you.

moh254

Credits
I prefer printed books because you can easily peruse through the pages to land to the page you've been looking for. Working with ebooks is hard but at least the good thing with that is that you can do your reading anywhere since its all about soft copy.

ahmedo24

Credits
Both of them have their side defects but the printed book seem to have more defects compare to e-books as a result of advancement in technology. Flexibility of e-books are more than printed books.

Gabbar

Credits
Printed Books give a good feeling when we read from these but there are times when we feel uncomfortable due to these and that's when we like the Ebooks.

Tina30219

Credits

I read e-books and I like them a lot. Since starting to read e-books it has been hard to read a paper book. Don’t get me wrong if something ever happened I would more than likely go back to paper books.

Gabbar

Credits
I read e-books and I like them a lot. Since starting to read e-books it has been hard to read a paper book. Don’t get me wrong if something ever happened I would more than likely go back to paper books.
It's best as you can easily carry more books even when you are on travel and can enjoy your hobby even on the go and these books can stay for ever.

ahmedo24

Credits
They are very alternative and very easy to access no doubt about that but many people don't like screen reading, personally it makes me feel sleepy easily at night

Tina30219

Credits
It's best as you can easily carry more books even when you are on travel and can enjoy your hobby even on the go and these books can stay for ever.
I agree it is easier because I can carry my kindle in my purse and it is loaded with books and I love that they can stay there forever.
Post automatically merged:

Yes some people don’t like screen reading and prefer a real book and some people do both. I do most of my reading at night it helps me wind down and makes me more tired so I can sleep.