The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 113 more
Credits
I've been active on Facebook for 6 years and I've developed some online friends who seemed to have become addicted to Facebook and, they are virtually living their lives on Facebook, most of them are teens and some of them are middle-aged people spread around the globe who spends most of their time in GC's or Group Chat doing RP's or Role Play, living out their fantasies in the guise of different Anime and Movie Characters; Most end up in make believe relationships and this is where the danger lies, in Japan and China there are rising occurrences of suicide in the online gaming and social media users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Credits
I've been active on Facebook for 6 years and I've developed some online friends who seemed to have become addicted to Facebook and, they are virtually living their lives on Facebook, most of them are teens and some of them are middle-aged people spread around the globe who spends most of their time in GC's or Group Chat doing RP's or Role Play, living out their fantasies in the guise of different Anime and Movie Characters; Most end up in make believe relationships and this is where the danger lies, in Japan and China there are rising occurrences of suicide in the online gaming and social media users.
I have been a fan of Facebook, and now that they are going through that Facebook Privacy Scandal, well, I think I can say for certain that I will most likely never be a fan of facebook, and it seems to be like Facebook should be a social platform, but it has turned into a bank for Facebook, and to some degree, I think facebook lost their way and gave up a big part of their soul in order to make money off their 2 billion members.

Credits
I used to be a fan of Facebook but every thing's changed until I found some paid to post forums and other paying platforms. I realize that instead of wasting my time posting and reading nonsense to my social media, I'll just spend my time on something profitable that would help me earn a living instead.

Heatman

Credits
If I'm being very honest with you, I used to be very addicted to Facebook and other social media sites. I'm always ever present, the moment anyone comes across my page with just an activity as liking my post or anything, I would respond almost immediately. One of my good friends asked me one day if I sleep on my Facebook account because I'm always online.

I would say it was that way with my back then because I was still jobless and not having much commitment but be online and chat as well as gossip :ROFLMAO: but lately, I have less time for Facebook. Even if I must spend my time on the site, I have found a way to monetize my usage of the network in marketing my products and services.

Credits
If I'm being very honest with you, I used to be very addicted to Facebook and other social media sites. I'm always ever present, the moment anyone comes across my page with just an activity as liking my post or anything, I would respond almost immediately. One of my good friend asked me one day if I sleep on my Facebook account because I'm always online.

I would say it was that way with my back then because I was still jobless and not having much commitment but be online and chat as well as gossip :ROFLMAO: but lately, I have less time for Facebook. Even if I must spend my time on the site, I have found a way to monetize my usage of the network in marketing my products and services.
ultimately, you have to do what works for you, Facebook may, in fact, work for some people, and may not work for others. I know that I do not have FB, and I do not think DG uses facebook either that I am aware of, and I am not sure he will use FB when it comes to doing any promotion. I would not advise using many social networks, you need to pick 1-3 social networks, then stick with them, otherwise, if you create 25 social accounts then would you realisticly be able to update them every day or even every other day, so do not create anymore then you plan to use, and having multiple social accounts just to be having them will not do anything for you to be honest, and normally social media sends all kinds of traffic that may or may not be interested in what you have to offer and to be honest, we want to target visitors that are in alignment with our goals.

Heatman

Credits
ultimately, you have to do what works for you, Facebook may, in fact, work for some people, and may not work for others. I know that I do not have FB, and I do not think DG uses facebook either that I am aware of, and I am not sure he will use FB when it comes to doing any promotion. I would not advise using many social networks, you need to pick 1-3 social networks, then stick with them, otherwise, if you create 25 social accounts then would you realisticly be able to update them every day or even every other day, so do not create anymore then you plan to use, and having multiple social accounts just to be having them will not do anything for you to be honest, and normally social media sends all kinds of traffic that may or may not be interested in what you have to offer and to be honest, we want to target visitors that are in alignment with our goals.
It's true what you just mentioned about some social media including Facebook generating all manner of traffic that may or may not be relevant or related to what your niche is all about and the irrelevant traffic becomes a wasted effort and feedback. Finding a way to direct one's traffic sourcing to the target audience needed is the most demanding job of a site owner because when the preferred target isn't reached, there is no way the site would be able to meet its goals and objectives.

Credits
It's true what you just mentioned about some social media including Facebook generating all manner of traffic that may or may not be relevant or related to what your niche is all about and the irrelevant traffic becomes a wasted effort and feedback. Finding a way to direct one's traffic sourcing to the target audience needed is the most demanding job of a site owner because when the preferred target isn't reached, there is no way the site would be able to meet its goals and objectives.
To be honest, I do not think Facebook marketing would be suitable for this site, in this case, I think AdWords would work better and think would yield higher results, however, there would be no reason to setup AdWords until everything was ready, otherwise it would be a waste of money.

Heatman

Credits
To be honest, I do not think Facebook marketing would be suitable for this site, in this case, I think AdWords would work better and think would yield higher results, however, there would be no reason to setup AdWords until everything was ready, otherwise it would be a waste of money.
Yeah, I think that you are making a good sense on this note. It's best to take one step at a time and see how chronically things works out before taking the front of using Adwords in order not to make a bad business decision.

Credits
Yeah, I think that you are making a good sense on this note. It's best to take one step at a time and see how chronically things works out before taking the front of using Adwords in order not to make a bad business decision.
absolutely! too often, people often will set up some type of business, then start using FB ads or Adwords not knowing what they are doing, then they end up losing money left and right wondering why their greatest invention to them is not selling like hotcakes. This is why it is very important to do a lot of research before making a move. Would I buy what I am selling? Would someone else buy what I am selling? Is my website a turn off to visitors? Are my prices too high? Are my prices so low that it brings a level of suspicion? Does my website show a level of trust? There are quite a few factors at play, so it is not just as simple as setting up a site, then taking to promote the site, and this would be considered poor business planning.

Heatman

Credits
absolutely! too often, people often will set up some type of business, then start using FB ads or Adwords not knowing what they are doing, then they end up losing money left and right wondering why their greatest invention to them is not selling like hotcakes. This is why it is very important to do a lot of research before making a move. Would I buy what I am selling? Would someone else buy what I am selling? Is my website a turn off to visitors? Are my prices too high? Are my prices so low that it brings a level of suspicion? Does my website show a level of trust? There are quite a few factors at play, so it is not just as simple as setting up a site, then taking to promote the site, and this would be considered poor business planning.
It's true, you have to take your time in order to do something right and not be in a rush to start out, and with detailed research and planning to have all the information needed about your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) of any project one wishes to embark is what helps in determining whether such project would be hit or a miss.

Credits
It's true, you have to take your time in order to do something right and not be in a rush to start out, and with detailed research and planning to have all the information needed about your Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) of any project one wishes to embark is what helps in determining whether such project would be hit or a miss.
@Heatman have you ever used Facebook Ads? Since I seem to be the one doing most of the grunt work, then I see no reason to look into FB ads more, even though I think Adwords would be a better fit, and I have never used either one, and I think DG may have to outsource this when we reach a point that will determine if some type of ad promotion will benefit the site, however, there is no reason for ad promotion right now.

Kieranlewix

Credits
As much as social media addiction is a real and continuously growing problem and is a lifestyle for some people. I do not see anything wrong with being a social media addict when you have your life all figured out that is. If you have a mansion and a sleek car, and a means of earning every day like relying on shares and stock, then, by all means, be addicted to Facebook. Otherwise, social media addiction is a disease that only leads to poverty and brain drain among the youth. It is nice to socialize with people from all over the world. However, there are so many problems that arise from these interactions. For third world countries, the most substantial one is a brain drain, as I have mentioned before. The smart students choose to go study abroad or work abroad, due to the nice things they hear and see on social media. Some succeed and never come back, while others go there and fall on hard times. They end up lacking money to even come back home. In this way, third world countries remain the same. Facebook is making people lazy, all we want to do is check our notifications and keep adding photos of what we are doing, which is nothing, post useless content and update our profile pictures. It's not so bad though when social media accounts are used wisely, checking out a meme or two doesn't hurt.:D:D

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
As much as social media addiction is a real and continuously growing problem and is a lifestyle for some people. I do not see anything wrong with being a social media addict when you have your life all figured out that is. If you have a mansion and a sleek car, and a means of earning every day like relying on shares and stock, then, by all means, be addicted to Facebook. Otherwise, social media addiction is a disease that only leads to poverty and brain drain among the youth. It is nice to socialize with people from all over the world. However, there are so many problems that arise from these interactions. For third world countries, the most substantial one is a brain drain, as I have mentioned before. The smart students choose to go study abroad or work abroad, due to the nice things they hear and see on social media. Some succeed and never come back, while others go there and fall on hard times. They end up lacking money to even come back home. In this way, third world countries remain the same. Facebook is making people lazy, all we want to do is check our notifications and keep adding photos of what we are doing, which is nothing, post useless content and update our profile pictures. It's not so bad though when social media accounts are used wisely, checking out a meme or two doesn't hurt.:D:D
In other words, the internet is addicting and makes you stupid, LMAO.

I've been using Facebook since I was in elementary. And, what's good about it is when socializing with other people. What I like about it is that it help you to communicate with your loved ones, or other people rather. But, I have to admit that there are also negative effects of using Facebook. Just like addiction, being addicted to Facebook is not good for us, especially for the students. They will not be able to focus on their studies, which can lead them to a disappointing grade. There is also a lot of fake news on Facebook which is not healthy for our society.

Kieranlewix

Credits
In other words, the internet is addicting and makes you stupid, LMAO.
Haha...NO! I did not say the internet. I talked about Facebook. Think of it as Fire. Fire is a good servant but a bad master. When you decide to use your Facebook account to promote your business, or to post affiliate links and once in a while check out and post photos, you are making it your servant, as opposed to waking up in the morning and logging into Facebook before you even brush your teeth. At some point, it begins to look like Facebook is actually brainwashing people and that's when it makes you its servant.

Credits
Haha...NO! I did not say the internet. I talked about Facebook. Think of it as Fire. Fire is a good servant but a bad master. When you decide to use your Facebook account to promote your business, or to post affiliate links and once in a while check out and post photos, you are making it your servant, as opposed to waking up in the morning and logging into Facebook before you even brush your teeth. At some point, it begins to look like Facebook is actually brainwashing people and that's when it makes you its servant.
I guess everyone has there own addictions in life, and you are right, for some it maybe facebook, or some other social platform, and for others, then it could be worse like alcohol, drugs, and for others it can be food, smoking, and I can go one, but I can safely say Facebook is not one of my addictions. Who would have thought someone started a thread on facebook addiction, ROFL. There are things out there that are probably worse than facebook.

Hova

Credits
I got tired of Facebook a long time ago, or maybe I just got bored. I signed up back in 2008 when i was in high school and it was fun and everything but at a point in time I just stopped for a few months. When I got back all I did was watch videos of 'The Daily Show' and nothing else. No updating status, no chatting, just nothing.

Credits
I got tired of Facebook a long time ago, or maybe I just got bored. I signed up back in 2008 when i was in high school and it was fun and everything but at a point in time I just stopped for a few months. When I got back all I did was watch videos of 'The Daily Show' and nothing else. No updating status, no chatting, just nothing.
Facebook did start out with the intention of being a social network so college students could connect, however, Facebook is used for all sorts of things, and I am not sure why people feel that it is important to update their status on what they did with their friends, then again, this is why they call facebook a social network or platform, personally, I have never really been into facebook or social media in general, and it just does not interest me, however, since Facebook is lost perspective with its roots, and has turned into a mega advertising platforum, then maybe DG will find some use for facebook in the future.

Hova

Credits
I would only consider taking Facebook seriously after I launch my website. It comes in handy if you already have a running business.

Credits
I would only consider taking Facebook seriously after I launch my website. It comes in handy if you already have a running business.

If you do that, then you should hire a facebook making expert on upwork, as running FB ads does take a certain skill. You would need to add a facebook pixel on your site, offer the right product, be able to target the right audience that might be looking for your product, and you will need to be able to test ads, and this means setting up 25-50 ads, and if you get lucky, then you would find 1-2 winning ads, then kill off the ads that are not converting or performing, then with the winning ads, then start scaling those ads up; Facebook advertising can be very, very tricky....