The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

arunima25

Credits
The popular Indian e-commerce site has recently launched it's grocery section. It has come with wonderful offers in the beginning and has gained a lot of popularity. It is having a tough competition with another e-commerce site Amazon which has also introduced grocery section. Have you tried buying your grocery from Flipkart?? How was your experience??

suny

Credits
I am glad the site is adding grocery section for the benefit of its users but the problem is the difference of rates and the shipping charges. I have been watching this section regularly but hardly found anything that was worth ordering due the shipping charges. However, now the site is under Walmart and I hope they understand this issue. Otherwise the site is my favorite for online shopping.

Credits
I am glad the site is adding grocery section for the benefit of its users but the problem is the difference of rates and the shipping charges. I have been watching this section regularly but hardly found anything that was worth ordering due the shipping charges. However, now the site is under Walmart and I hope they understand this issue. Otherwise the site is my favorite for online shopping.
What kind of groceries? Walmart in the US has very reasonable shipping and free if your order is more then $35, but there are are some things you can not order, such as items that need to remain cold, or items that could have a short shelf life, and for those things that I can not buy from Walmart, then I just go to my local grocery store, and when I do have to order form Walmart, then it does save me 1.5 hours, and I do save gas, and time, because I do not have to actually go to Walmart if I need a lamp.

suny

Credits
What kind of groceries? Walmart in the US has very reasonable shipping and free if your order is more then $35, but there are are some things you can not order, such as items that need to remain cold, or items that could have a short shelf life, and for those things that I can not buy from Walmart, then I just go to my local grocery store, and when I do have to order form Walmart, then it does save me 1.5 hours, and I do save gas, and time, because I do not have to actually go to Walmart if I need a lamp.
That's right, all big chain stores have the same in developed countries. I live in Australia for last 5 years (visiting India annually) and can buy almost everything from alcohol to dairy and grocery to vegetables online from any store near me provided I order enough to the minimum amount required; However, the same is not true for almost all the stores in India besides the difference in rates is another deterring factor. Since Walmart has taken over (bought major share) Flipkart recently I hope they will sort out the issue.

Credits
That's right, all big chain stores have the same in developed countries. I live in Australia for last 5 years (visiting India annually) and can buy almost everything from alcohol to dairy and grocery to vegetables online from any store near me provided I order enough to the minimum amount required; However, the same is not true for almost all the stores in India besides the difference in rates is another deterring factor. Since Walmart has taken over (bought major share) Flipkart recently I hope they will sort out the issue.
I do not mind ordering some type of foods from Walmart, as for stuff like bread, milk, butter, then I really do not need anyone to deliver stuff like that because more people have to touch, and I would rather pick up that stuff myself, besides, I already save enough by not having to go to Walmart, so I think I can spare a few extra mins walking through my local market. :)

I know it seems like I am here around the clock, but I am really not, ROFL.

Gabbar

Credits
I still haven't experienced buying groceries online but If I decide, I'll compare price and shipping charges between Flipkart and Amazon and even check Paytm Mall which I know @suny is a fan of its quite popular in India but there are many products which we buy online thinking that we are getting at discount but they are available at lesser price offline.

arunima25

Credits
FlipKart and Amazon are having a neck to neck fight and I being a consumer enjoy it. I have accounts on both and I get notifications from both. The minimum order to be free of shipping is RS300 in India and that is not a big amount. I do not order veggies, breads and fruits. Those I buy from my local shops. Rest non perishable items are good there. This month I ordered from Flipkart and enjoyed offers like Toor Dal and Sugar for RS1/kg. Also most of the items had discount of 15-20%. So it was quite economical.

Gabbar

Credits
FlipKart and Amazon are having a neck to neck fight and I being a consumer enjoy it. I have accounts on both and I get notifications from both. The minimum order to be free of shipping is RS300 in India and that is not a big amount. I do not order veggies, breads and fruits. Those I buy from my local shops. Rest non perishable items are good there. This month I ordered from Flipkart and enjoyed offers like Toor Dal and Sugar for RS1/kg. Also most of the items had discount of 15-20%. So it was quite economical.
Wow that's steal. Do you really mean that you got these products for only one per kg?

arunima25

Credits
Wow that's steal. Do you really mean that you got these products for only one per kg?
Yes you will get the notifications and you have to be alert about it. It is open for few hours and the only limitation being that you can not order more than one quantity for such products.

Gabbar

Credits
Yes you will get the notifications and you have to be alert about it. It is open for few hours and the only limitation being that you can not order more than one quantity for such products.
That's still a very good option. I'll try to check it out as I haven't checked the grocery section.

arunima25

Credits
That's still a very good option. I'll try to check it out as I haven't checked the grocery section.
I never went to check for it on the site. I used to get the notifications and I ignored a few in the beginning but then I went to check for it one day when my friend mentioned about it.

Gabbar

Credits
I never went to check for it on the site. I used to get the notifications and I ignored a few in the beginning but then I went to check for it one day when my friend mentioned about it.
That's new for me. I think I never received any such notifications or maybe I have ignored these as I'm not the one to decide for groceries as it's handled by mum and elder brother.

suny

Credits
Maybe I have not subscribed to the grocery section (or maybe I am not a member of grocery section) therefore I have yet to get a promotional mail from this section. However, being an old member of all such sites (an active buyer) with my account and balance on the site I get a number of promotional almost every day or multiple times a day.

Gabbar

Credits
Maybe I have not subscribed to the grocery section (or maybe I am not a member of grocery section) therefore I have yet to get a promotional mail from this section. However, being an old member of all such sites (an active buyer) with my account and balance on the site I get a number of promotional almost every day or multiple times a day.
We can join the Flipkart plus and win coins for our purchases. I have joined the Flipkart Plus but I am yet to buy anything but its a plus that we can use these coins to get discounts and more deals.

arunima25

Credits
Even I did not subscribe to any grocery section. I just got the notifications on my phone from it's app. Maybe you need to have an app to get these notifications.

Gabbar

Credits
I think we don't need to trust Flipkart blindly and should try to compare the prices at which Amazon or even Paytm mall is providing and we can sometimes look at the prices at which products are available offline. It will demand more time but we can get a rough Idea of whats happening around.

suny

Credits
I trust Flipkart for last 4-5 years and buying regularly from the site. n fact, I trust Flipkart more than Amazon since they have a very friendly customer support. have been getting gift vouchers from various survey sites for Flpkart, Amazon and cash on PayTM. I have App of all these three sites on my phone beside couple of other shopping sites.

arunima25

Credits
Even I felt that the customer service of Flipkart is quite friendly and they are quick to respond. I once got a damaged glass product and it was replaced with an apology in 24 hours. They also gave me a free gift as an apology for it.

Gabbar

Credits
Even I felt that the customer service of Flipkart is quite friendly and they are quick to respond. I once got a damaged glass product and it was replaced with an apology in 24 hours. They also gave me a free gift as an apology for it.
I have good experience with Flipkart as well and even their delivery is quite quick and safe. Glad they replaced and apologized inside 24 hours and presented a free Gift. These sort of things help websites to win more customers.

aanya

Credits
The popular Indian e-commerce site has recently launched it's grocery section. It has come with wonderful offers in the beginning and has gained a lot of popularity. It is having a tough competition with another e-commerce site Amazon which has also introduced grocery section. Have you tried buying your grocery from Flipkart?? How was your experience??
I did not know that flipkart also has introduced grocery section.. If that is so, I am very pleased as most of sellers on flipkarts don't charge delivery fees..