The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

Forum Theme

to7update

Credits
I noticed yesterday that the forum theme changed to a darker version. I preferred the earlier theme as is less aggressive for my eyes. I was browsing the site trying to find a way to switch back, but couldn't. Is there a way to switch to the old theme? Thanks!

Heatman

Credits
The old theme looks cool but I certainly prefer this current one. There is a thing about dark color themes, they look majestic in my opinion. I actually wanted to comment and appreciate the new theme before I saw this your thread. Although we all have our differences when it comes preferences, I really wouldn't cast out your opinion about the theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

to7update

Credits
Yeah, I like the theme, graphically it's appealing, but it contrasts too much with my eyes, and after just some minutes looking at it my eyesight becomes kinda blurry. I suppose I need to check an eye doctor! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Yeah, I like the theme, graphically it's appealing, but it contrasts to much to my eyes, and after just some minutes looking at it my eye sight becomes kinda blurry. I suppose I need to check an eye doctor! :D
I am not into dark themes either, but I think this one is alright, and I will forward your request to @DigitalGlobal and I do not think it would be a big deal to still have the other theme available, and the option may have been disabled for testing purposes, so I would not worry about it, and if you like the other theme better than this one, then that Is fine also, and I have an idea of the planned custom theme in the future, and it will not be a dark theme, however, the custom theme will not even be a consideration until DG Forum has more traffic as that would be justification for DG to move forward on a custom design.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
update: You now can change the style to any that is on the list, for example, if you do not like this theme, then you can switch back to the lighter theme, or any theme that may be added to the list in the future, just follow the graphic below, and that will get you started, nothing more then a click or two, and if you run across any themes that you like, then make sure you include @DigitalGlobal and he will take it into consideration.

style.png

For me, I would not say the tactical theme is over-powering on the eyes, in fact, I can see somewhat better because the white text brings the color out on the dark theme, and so far, it does not seem to bother my eyes, and the theme does seem what-what more appealing over the other theme, and I am still rooting for the custom theme, as it will be a much lighter theme, and would be far more attractive than this theme, and If I think any theme will convert higher, then I think I would have to vote for the custom theme as I have some idea about the theme without giving out too many secrets, and I do not think anyone would be disappointed, as I think it could be the theme that will draw in more traffic because of its appeal, and we just have to hang in there.

Last edited:

to7update

Credits
Thank you @DGStaff, just changed it, and it's the difference between light and day! :D Yeah, the other theme looks good, but this one is friendlier to the eye. Thank you again for making it available, I think it's not a bad idea to have a few themes available to suit each one's preferences.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
Thank you @DGStaff, just changed it, and it's the difference between light and day! :D Yeah, the other theme looks good, but this one is friendlier to the eye. Thank you again for making it available, I think it's not a bad idea to have a few themes available to suit each one's preferences.
all older themes or default themes will remain, including newer themes that are added, and this way; you can change to the theme to your liking, personally, I have never been into darker themes, however, DG seemed to like the new tactical theme for some reason, and that is fine, some people love darker themes, and others are fine using a basic lighter themes, which is fine also. Since XF 2.x is fairly new out of this software series, then there are simply not a lot of high-quality themes available for Xenforo, however, the previous version with was v1.5.x had a number of themes, however, none of these themes are backward compatible, and we only have what we have to work with, and the next theme that is added to the forum would have to be a custom theme. DG felt this dark theme was the best theme out of the few themes that were actually available, and maybe XF developers will get on the ball and create more high-quality themes, but for right now, these themes is all we have to offer for our members at this time.

Heatman

Credits
update: You now can change the style to any that is on the list, for example, if you do not like this theme, then you can switch back to the lighter theme, or any theme that may be added to the list in the future, just follow the graphic below, and that will get you started, nothing more then a click or two, and if you run across any themes that you like, then make sure you include @DigitalGlobal and he will take it into consideration.

View attachment 54

For me, I would not say the tactical theme is over-powering on the eyes, in fact, I can see somewhat better because the white text brings the color out on the dark theme, and so far, it does not seem to bother my eyes, and the theme does seem what-what more appealing over the other theme, and I am still rooting for the custom theme, as it will be a much lighter theme, and would be far more attractive than this theme, and If I think any theme will convert higher, then I think I would have to vote for the custom theme as I have some idea about the theme without giving out too many secrets, and I do not think anyone would be disappointed, as I think it could be the theme that will draw in more traffic because of its appeal, and we just have to hang in there.
This is very good, by giving members the opportunity to choose themes that are favorable to them. It's cool, and I think I have witnessed this in WordPress powered blog I post on. On registration, a new member would be given the opportunity to chose the theme he wants to have the site be displayed. So with @DigitalGlobal taking the same steps, I would consider it an upgrade.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
This is very good, by giving members the opportunity to choose themes that are favorable to them. It's cool, and I think I have witnessed this in WordPress powered blog I post on. On registration, a new member would be given the opportunity to chose the theme he wants to have the site be displayed. So with @DigitalGlobal taking the same steps, I would consider it an upgrade.
You can not please everyone, however, in this case, I guess it was nothing more than enabling a couple options, there will be a time where members that may request this or that which may or may not be in the best interest of the forum, and we will do our best in order to cater reasonable requests.

Heatman

Credits
You can not please everyone, however, in this case, I guess it was nothing more than enabling a couple options, there will be a time where members that may request this or that which may or may not be in the best interest of the forum, and we will do our best in order to cater reasonable requests.
Yeah, it's true that there is no way to be able to please everyone at the same time. Enabling some options to give members the opportunity to pick the theme they prefer shows how considerate the administrative team is when it comes to giving the members what they want.

Good job @DGStaff .