• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Freelancing jobs for beginners in 2018

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Best Freelancing Jobs In 2018

Do you know how many Americans are working from home? Approximately 50 million. Can’t believe? Yes. It is true. Not, only Americans, but also many people from all other countries prefer working from home to avoid the stress due to travel as well as manage the work-life balance in a better way; Besides the work-life balance, freelancing provides more freedom and flexibility in whatever work you do.

Only 5-10% of the companies provide the option of working from home to their employees. What will you do, if your company does not allow you to work from home? Then, becoming a freelancer is the only available option. Thanks to the freelancing platforms like u$#@%w, F#@%$r etc, starting your freelancing career is not a big deal anymore. Which is the best freelancing job for a beginner? That’s a tricky question. Check out the below list of freelancing jobs which are now trending in 2018.

1. Ghostwriting
Even though there are a lot of freelance jobs online, ghostwriting provides a great opportunity to earn a lot of money by working from home. What is Ghostwriting? It is the task of writing a bulk amount of articles for a single client without claiming the ownership of the work done. Can’t understand? Let me explain with an example. Let’s assume that John, a newbie writer, has agreed to write 30 articles related to the topic “Freelancing” for a client named Mary. And, Mary will be publishing all those articles on her blog under her name. Now, John cannot make a claim that he is the creator of those articles. This is just an example of ghostwriting. To become a ghostwriter, you need to follow the below guidelines:

• Produce high quality & original content
  • Completing the work on time
  • Ability to write articles which are free from spelling & grammatical errors

2. Virtual Assistant

VA (Virtual Assistant) is one the best freelancing jobs for beginners because it doesn’t need any technical qualification like a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer science etc. Let’s assume that you are running a small business which requires a lot of traveling. By hiring a VA, you can avoid the hassle of replying to emails and answering the calls, as he/she will take care of that. To become a VA, one needs to possess the following skills:

• Ability to work on their own
  • Good / Excellent communication skills
  • Being loyal to the employer
  • Proper time management

3. Social media manager

Be it a small-scale business or a multinational company, one cannot survive in today’s digital world without their presence in social media. But, is it enough for the business or a company to just create an account on the social media like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn? Of course, not. Someone should take the responsibility of updating the content regularly and respond to queries/feedback from the public. So, many companies hire freelancers to manage their social media accounts on a daily basis. Social media manager is one of the “Top 10 freelance jobs from home” as you can find a lot of openings for that in the reputed freelancing job sites like Freelancer, Guru, u$#@%w etc. Typically, a social media manager does the following tasks given below:

• Creating posts about the latest news of the company/business
  • Answering any kind of questions related to the brand
  • Responding to complaints/suggestions posted by the consumers

Conclusion
Freelancing is slowly becoming the future job market for the next generation.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018
Credits
Freelance writing has also attracted people from many other countries besides the United States, and this probably has some good aspects and some bad aspects.

Since money earned often goes further in some of the more undeveloped countries, many people from these countries are now working from home and earning enough money doing so to help them survive better.

The main problem with this is that English language and good grammar and sentence structure are requirements for freelance writing, and many of the people trying to get into freelancing do not have the necessary skills for this.

Another group of people who are starting to use freelance writing as a supplementary income is senior citizens. These are mainly older or disabled people who can no longer hold an actual job; but who also need some supplemental income. Many of these people have great vocabulary skills and are doing well with freelance jobs of one kind or another.

I think that freelance writing is something that has a lot of possibilities, and that probably I need to make better use of it than I have been doing up to now.

Learning more about what freelance positions are available and how to apply for these jobs is something that I think can help a lot of people who are just starting out with freelancing, such as myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Freelance writing has also attracted people from many other countries besides the United States, and this probably has some good aspects and some bad aspects.

Since money earned often goes further in some of the more undeveloped countries, many people from these countries are now working from home and earning enough money doing so to help them survive better.

The main problem with this is that English language and good grammar and sentence structure are requirements for freelance writing, and many of the people trying to get into freelancing do not have the necessary skills for this.

Another group of people who are starting to use freelance writing as a supplementary income is senior citizens. These are mainly older or disabled people who can no longer hold an actual job; but who also need some supplemental income. Many of these people have great vocabulary skills and are doing well with freelance jobs of one kind or another.

I think that freelance writing is something that has a lot of possibilities, and that probably I need to make better use of it than I have been doing up to now.

Learning more about what freelance positions are available and how to apply for these jobs is something that I think can help a lot of people who are just starting out with freelancing, such as myself.
It is not just about freelance writing, but any type of freelance jobs in general, and like any business, it can be tough getting your business off the ground as you always have to deal with customer demands, and if you expect repeat buyers, then your quality has to be very good, so if you are constantly late with orders or responding to your customers, then this will no doubt be a good business model, however, if you produce high-quality work, and you always deliever or over deliever, then you can expect your loyal clients to keep coming back for more.

Apr 7, 2018
Credits
I completely agree with you on that to stay competitive in writing jobs, a writer must always produce high quality content. It's hard to become a successful writer more so if you're just starting out, there are times when I began writing content that I would get orders of articles and get paid a really low amount.

Some of the good writing sites that I discovered which pays a fare amount are Livingston Research, Ferpection, and many others. I also did some ghost writing for ebooks, but I've learned that it would be more profitable for me if I would write my own ebooks and post it to Amazon Kindle.

Top Bottom