High Bounce Rate Can Kill Your SEO Efforts.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
@DigitalGlobal has shown me the sites for the site, and the bounce rate is super high, and I am talking closer to 100%, and this is a bad signal for gaining any traction. When Google analyzes a site having a high bounce rate, then that is an indication to google that visitors are not finding what they are looking for, and I suspect the most likely reason is that there is pretty much nothing on the home page, and visitors are not going any further than the home page, and what does this mean? it means that Google will never rank our site higher then what it may be ranking now if it is ranking for anything at all. Google is not going to reward a site if visitors are not finding what they are looking for, and it will not matter if our domain is brandable, easy to read or not, at this point, it does not matter how easy our name is to remember, google only cares if visitors are finding what they are looking for and if they are not, then we are replaced by other sites that can provide what visitors are looking for, and as long as we have no system in place, then this would also effect the blog, and the forum, simply because visitors, for the most part, are not leaving the home page to see the blog or the forum, and most likely, they just close their window shortly after arriving at the home page. Even if you SEO is spot on and of high quality, then your SEO efforts will not amount to a hill of beans if visitors are running from your site like the plague.

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
@DigitalGlobal has shown me the sites for the site, and the bounce rate is super high, and I am talking closer to 100%, and this is a bad signal for gaining any traction. When Google analyzes a site having a high bounce rate, then that is an indication to google that visitors are not finding what they are looking for, and I suspect the most likely reason is that there is pretty much nothing on the home page, and visitors are not going any further than the home page, and what does this mean? it means that Google will never rank our site higher then what it may be ranking now if it is ranking for anything at all. Google is not going to reward a site if visitors are not finding what they are looking for, and it will not matter if our domain is brandable, easy to read or not, at this point, it does not matter how easy our name is to remember, google only cares if visitors are finding what they are looking for and if they are not, then we are replaced by other sites that can provide what visitors are looking for, and as long as we have no system in place, then this would also effect the blog, and the forum, simply because visitors, for the most part, are not leaving the home page to see the blog or the forum, and most likely, they just close their window shortly after arriving at the home page. Even if you SEO is spot on and of high quality, then your SEO efforts will not amount to a hill of beans if visitors are running from your site like the plague.
I did not expect anything less.

My plan is pretty simple:

1. Setup Blog First
  2. Setup Forum Second
  3. Setup Main site last (whatever it maybe)

The blog is complete, even though the blog requires on-going content, and the next article will be published in the next 2-3 days, as for the forum, it is not really complete yet since the forum still needs some type of appeal that will interest visitors, and right now, the theme looks fairly bland; Once the forum has been completed, then I can start to narrow down on what may go on the home page, and I would not really expect to see any high rankings on a site is barely exists; not only that, since zero promotion has been on the site, then I do not expect much of anything.