How did you learn about affiliate marketing?

Kieranlewix

Credits
I first came across affiliate marketing last year in January while surfing the internet, in search of an online job. I looked into it and after doing some research on multiple avenues, I concluded it was a great opportunity. I have a friend who was also into affiliate marketing but it didn't work out so well for him. He got banned for posting affiliate links.

Therefore, I opted for a better way of advertising products. That's when it hit me, why not just create a website and use it to advertise products for a price? That is exactly what I did.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
a
I first came across affiliate marketing last year in January while surfing the internet, in search of an online job. I looked into it and after doing some research on multiple avenues, I concluded it was a great opportunity. I have a friend who was also into affiliate marketing but it didn't work out so well for him. He got banned for posting affiliate links.

Therefore, I opted for a better way of advertising products. That's when it hit me, why not just create a website and use it to advertise products for a price? That is exactly what I did.:)
I will be honest; I some like affiliate marketing, however, you have to consider that affiliate is not a real business that is in your control; I am sure there are affiliates out there that make tons of money, and they been doing this for some time and did not just get into affiliate marketing yesterday, but if you want to get into affiliate marketing, then it is no different then setting up your own virtual business online as you will probably need a website, content, then you will have to market your website, and if you do not have these skills, then the costs can add up very quickly, not to mention, as an affiliate, you have no control, why? Because it is not a business, and your affiliate account can be terminated for any reason.

Kieranlewix

Credits
That
a

I will be honest; I some like affiliate marketing, however, you have to consider that affiliate is not a real business that is in your control; I am sure there are affiliates out there that make tons of money, and they been doing this for some time and did not just get into affiliate marketing yesterday, but if you want to get into affiliate marketing, then it is no different then setting up your own virtual business online as you will probably need a website, content, then you will have to market your website, and if you do not have these skills, then the costs can add up very quickly, not to mention, as an affiliate, you have no control, why? Because it is not a business, and your affiliate account can be terminated for any reason.
That is very true. Being an affiliate can work out both ways, it may be a gold mine, or end up blowing up in your face. It all depends on how serious and also how knowledgeable the affiliate is. Most people who happen to hear of affiliate marketing as an online business opportunity rush to find companies that offer these opportunities and almost always do a shoddy job. These are the type of people who do not want to spend a dime marketing products and would prefer to post affiliate links on Facebook, hoping that their friends will click and buy products through those links. They then sit back and wait for the money to start rolling in. That is simply a recipe for failure! On the other hand, those who do enough market research will understand the product and get a sample before attempting to sell it to others. They will also adopt good marketing tactics and even create their own website for the same purpose. People who do this are less likely to fail in affiliate marketing and would actually generate more sales due to their legibility. No one wants to invest in creating their own website then get kicked off from the team of affiliates.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Heatman

Credits
I learned about affiliate marketing last year as well when I became a freelancer, and from my participating in so many sites is what led me to discover about affiliate marketing. There was this particular site owned by Roope, it's called your online revenue. He does lots of reviews on several online making money sites. All his reviews are wonderful and it's from one of them that I learned about affiliate marketing. I'm still a member of his site and I'm learning new things on daily basis from all his reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

KellyGeo

Credits
I learned about affiliate marketing online from surfing the internet mainly on YouTube but back then I didn't understand what it's all about as I wasn't into online jobs then. It was over a course of time when I became a freelancer that I began to understand about affiliate marketing and how it works as well as how one earns from it.

maestro

Credits
Just like most of you guys I bumped into affiliate marketing when I was searching on how to make some cash online. Although I haven't made a dime from any kind of online marketing, I know with the kind of research I've been doing lately, it won't be long before I start making money off of it.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I really can say when I learned about affiliate or internet marketing, however, making money online has gained a bit of popularity over the last fews years, and making money on anything has been around since the dawn of time. There is one amazon affiliate site that comes to mind which is related to camera reviews, and when I visited the last a couple years ago, it had extremely high authority, and from reading his about page, he started the site sometime back in the 2000s and is certainly making him a lot of affiliate reveume from amazon, not only that, I think he also is tied to various platforms that sell cameras such as eBay, and other popular sites that sell cameras also, so yes, his site is very in-depth with camera content that would just blow your mind, and I am sure he put in many long hours in the beginning in order to get where he is today, and he is still at the mercy of amazon which appeared at the time to be his leading source of income, as we all know that amazon seems to convert far better than other affiliate sites. If you really want it, then you have to work for it.

Hova

Credits
I learned about affiliate marketing sometime last year in a different forum while I was looking for different ways on how I could earn some extra cash on the side. I still haven't made any money using affiliate marketing but I'm pretty sure it won't be long until I do.

Heatman

Credits
Just like most of you guys I bumped into affiliate marketing when I was searching on how to make some cash online. Although I haven't made a dime from any kind of online marketing, I know with the kind of research I've been doing lately, it won't be long before I start making money off of it.
Before becoming an affiliate marketer, one rule and one thing is very important and it's getting a website of your own. There is no way one can become an affiliate marketer without having a website because it's the only way to market your affiliate marketing link using your niche.

Hova

Credits
Before becoming an affiliate marketer, one rule and one thing is very important and it's getting a website of your own. There is no way one can become an affiliate marketer without having a website because it's the only way to market your affiliate marketing link using your niche.
I think owning a website goes without saying and as an affiliate you need to make sure that
When it comes to filling your website with content, you should make an effort of searching for success stories in the field of your choosing to see if you can find out what exactly they did right that made their brand so famous.

Kieranlewix

Credits
I think owning a website goes without saying and as an affiliate you need to make sure that
When it comes to filling your website with content, you should make an effort of searching for success stories in the field of your choosing to see if you can find out what exactly they did right that made their brand so famous.
It is always a good move to research on what other successful affiliates in your niche are doing. Lots of care should be taken though, because what works for them may be your downfall, the whole one man's meat being another's poison thing. It is always advisable to take what they say with a grain of salt and try to integrate their tactics with your intuition and instincts. Before becoming an affiliate marketer, it is important to have taken time to be knowledgeable and updated, so your instincts should be spot on.