• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How do I get my website to rank?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
You have set up a new website, and you really do not know how to get your new website to rank. The fact of the matter is you cant, what? What do you mean? Google does not care how desperate you are on getting your site to rank, and that is the bottom line, and Google will not allow your site to rank until a time that Google can trust your website.

I have seen several case studies, and these studies appear to be very similar in nature, a person will setup a website for a certain niche, they will post content, get backlinks, and such, however, there is one thing these sites have in common with each other, and that is the website tends not to do very much within the first year, some sooner, and others later, and this really depends on niche as some niches have far more competition than other niches, and therefore, it will take longer for a website to rank for those keywords. There is often another thing I have found in common also, and this that these websites only have trickle traffic, then almost overnight, the website starts getting more and more traffic, why tricklet traffic one month, then the next month, the traffic has increased, then maybe doubles the next month, then triples the next month, some people call this the google sandbox, and this could be true, however, google may also be trusting your website more and more, and google allows your site to get more traffic.

Once you start your website, then do not be in a hurry, Google does not care if you are in a hurry or not, and by being in a hurry, then you make enough mistakes that you end up getting some type of Google penalty, and this is my best advice that I can give you; DO NOT BE IN A HURRY, AND DO BUY MASSIVE SPAM BACKLINKS. The first thing you want to do when starting your blog, forum or website is work on content, and this may include setting up attractive design that will appear to your site visitors, and you may want to work on posting high-quality content for several months, maybe 3-4, do not be in a rush, and you do not have to post every day, but you want to post enough in order to show google that you are still active, as many will make some posts, and that is it, and if you do not post often, then google will visit your site less and less until google just does not come to your site any more, so do not think you have to post 10 articles per day, and posting that much just is not needed to show activity.

Now that your site has a few months, and ongoing content, then start getting your site listed on social media sites as this will show Google that your site is being talked about, and this also shows google a level of activity, and we all know Google does not like sites that have been abandoned, and the owner has just given up because it is just taking to long to get rich, sorry, those days are long dead, other sites have long been penalized; Back in the early days of google, there were sites making $1000s of dollars per month, and when google started rolling out all these google updates, then these sites pretty much died overnight, going from $1000s to $zero. So if you thought you were going to set up a site today, and it starts making $1000s by the end of the month, then I just want you to know that it may not happen; Today, it is taking sites about a year or so before they even start making money, however, if you have high skill set, then you may be able to pull this off a little sooner then what it may normally take.

Google has killed the easy spammy ways people used to make money online, now you are forced to produce quality, otherwise, google will not lose any sleep in running your site so down the SERPs that your website will never see the light of day ever again, and this is why people these days focus on high quality on everything they do.

Now that you got quality content, and have done some social media marketing, now it is time to start doing some link building on your site; People often say that "content is king" however that not absolute! How many crappy sites have you run across that have high authority? I have seen my fair share of shit sites ie: spammy looking sites, sites that re-hash content such as news sites, and I have also seen sites that have almost no content also having high authority, and all this would imply content really is not king, however that does not mean content is useless, and it is. I am just pointing out that there are sites that have no content or crap content, and they are doing good, so if content is not king, then what is? Before we get into that, then I want to urge you to focus on high-quality content, not poor quality content, along with having high-quality content, and high authority backlinks, then you will be the golden nugget one day. The one thing all these low-quality sites have in common is that they are getting high authority backlinks, and they are creating a level of engagement on their sites, and if they had high-quality content, then they would simply be a rock star among the stars.

High Authority backlinks are "king" without these backlinks, then your content/keywords would never rank! Make sense? So yes, you could set up a crap website, and get high authority backlinks, and you still could come out on top, however, if you are smart, you will add high-quality content to your site, and things will work for you even better; So where do I get high authority backlinks? Now it is time to get to work and go do some research, as the internet is full of resources, and we strongly advise that you do not hire SEO providers from sites like DP, WarriorForum.com, and F#@%$r.com, why? Most SEO providers cannot offer custom SEO service, and therefore, these SEO providers will blast your site all over the internet, and the last thing you need is some random SEO provider using your keywords and URLs over and over.

Your SEO should be custom to your niche, and to your website, and often, these SEO Providers will promote to the same sites over and over, and some call this spam, and Google certainly does not want you spamming your site all over the internet on other sites that Google has already considered as spam, and Google calls this linking to "bad neighborhoods". The type of backlinks you need may cost $50 and up, and if you are looking for really high authority, then this backlinks can run into the $1000s of dollars, so if you want your site to succeed, and not fail, then stay away from those cheap and tempting low quality SEO Providers, as your standards for authority needs to be much higher.

Here are some things you may need to do:

Niche research (is your niche is viable for profit?)
Keyword search
Design (that has proven to convert)
Diversity backlinks, low quality
Authority backlinks, high quality

If you take care of all this, then there are no guarantees that your site will succeed, as there are many other factors that can determine if you succeed or fail, and that is beyond my scope of this post as my intention is just trying to get you on the right track from the start...

Last edited:

Heatman

Apr 18, 2018
Credits
A lot of other things can contribute to getting one's website to rank fast, one can be through getting fresh high quality content available on the site to encourage conversion. When there is something to discuss about on a site, it would drive more people to the site and it would be of good advantage to the site.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Feb 12, 2018
Everywhere....
digitalglobal.com
Credits
A lot of other things can contribute to getting one's website to rank fast, one can be through getting fresh high quality content available on the site to encourage conversion. When there is something to discuss about on a site, it would drive more people to the site and it would be of good advantage to the site.
Last I read, Google has over 200+ ranking factors in order to determine where your site should rank, and it has been proven that longer content keeps people on the site longer compared to short useless content, and one thing is true for a fact, you can have the highest quality backlinks linking back to your site, however, if your site can not keep visitors on your site, then google will take that into account; Google is not going to rank sites very high if visitors are not engaging on the site, creating content, visiting other pages, and so on, however, I am not certain how much of a factor google puts on engagement, but I bet it is one of the biggest factors, so you could have a flawless site, and still tank if your site does not click with traffic/visitors.

Top Bottom