The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 115 more

How Do You Choose Your TLD?

Credits
When it comes to choosing my Top Level Domain, I always use a .COM, because it's the most popular. Most people know this and are accustomed to searching a. dot.com and having .com domain also projects a sense of stability to my site.

Samples of Top Level Domains
.NET
.ORG
.INFO
.GOV
.EDU
.INT
.MIL

There are hundreds more to pick from. So how do you choose your TLD's?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayson

Credits
Sometimes I like domain hacks. The following would be examples:
  • NycMarketing.Info
  • ThePlayers.Club
  • AbcTo.Xyz
Anyway, I also like a good .com or perhaps a non-.com connected to an powerful keyphrase like GuitarLesson.Biz.

Credits
Sometimes I like domain hacks. The following would be examples:
  • NycMarketing.Info
  • ThePlayers.Club
  • AbcTo.Xyz
Anyway, I also like a good .com or perhaps a non-.com connected to an powerful keyphrase like GuitarLesson.Biz.
What is a domain hack? I have read similar comments in the past on what type of domain people prefer, and most of the experts agree if you are trying to brand yourself and take your business seriously, then you should always find a dot.com, however, you will also hear that all the good domains are taken, then you have to make a decision on the 2nd best domain you are looking for, or the domain type you will settle for.

KellyGeo

Credits
I think I'm more comfortable working with a dot.com domain because it's something that has been more popular and mostly used. Even when I come up to sites online, I don't find it easy doing anything on sites that are not using dot.com domain. A domain with dot.org is also popular but not like its dot.com counterparts.

Credits
I think I'm more comfortable working with a dot.com domain because it's something that has been more popular and mostly used. Even when I come up to sites online, I don't find it easy doing anything on sites that are not using dot.com domain. A domain with dot.org is also popular but not like its dot.com counterparts.
dot.com are the most popular domains in the world, not only that, a dot.com has far more trust than other domain types. I would trust makemoney.com compared to something like makemoney.club; A dot.com will carry more trust then dot.net, dot.org, dot.biz, dot.info, etc...

johnywalker

Credits
Domain extension does not matter when it comes to search engine ranking. You can use an xyz domain and still rank higher than a dot com. What exactly matters is what SEO tactics you have used. As long as you have quality contents well optimized for search engine, it does not really matter whether your domain is a king com or xyz, club, online, site etc.
When you are registering your domain, what you actually have to consider is the renewal charge and the keywords in the domain.

chameli

Credits
Com is the obvious choice for many people. I have two domains and both are dot com. In case my chosen domain were taken, I would have chosen any of the TLD. Extension does not matter when it comes to search engine ranking, therefore, I would have chosen any domains, including all those new TLDs like club, online, store, site etc.

kattech

Credits
I personally fell in love with Dot com tlds. They mean much to me. Every time I am buying a new domain names, first priority is dot com. Besides, I have never bought a dot net or even biz. If no dot com, then xyz and info are my alternative choices.