The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

How do you increase your site speed?

johnywalker

Credits
Site speed is very important factor in search engine ranking and visitors retention. If your site loads slow, visitors will not only go away but search engines will also down rank your website? Site speed is the time taken by the website and webpage to load. How do you increase the speed of your site?

cinderella

Credits
One way to increase the speed of the website is to optimize the images we are using. Images can slow down the loading of the site. Personally, I use JPEG Optimizer to compress my photos before I upload those to my website. I think there are plugins fro WordPress which automatically compress images. Though I am not very sure of this.

johnywalker

Credits
Optimizing images and making them smaller in size is a good way to improve site speed. However, this is not enough. One of the primary reasons for slow loading of the site is related to hosting. If you are using shared hosting, your site will load slow because the same server is being used by so many website that the same time. You will have to upgrade your hosting. Using too many plugins also makes your site slow.

chameli

Credits
The type of theme you are using on your site also affects the site loading speed. I am saying this from my experience. You have to use a light weight theme so that your site loads fast. Light weight themes are the themes that are smaller in file size.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Credits
If you have optimized all you can, and your site is still slow, then you need to take a closer hosting, as your host may not be up to par, and ultimately, choosing a solid host could get you more speed, and if your site loads within 2-3 seconds, then you are good, and for every second your site is not loading, then you could be losing money, traffic, and rankings. Google clearly wants to see all sites optimized and loading as fast as possible, after all, if you are in googles index, then you should follow the rules.

johnywalker

Credits
If you have optimized all you can, and your site is still slow, then you need to take a closer hosting, as your host may not be up to par, and ultimately, choosing a solid host could get you more speed, and if your site loads within 2-3 seconds, then you are good, and for every second your site is not loading, then you could be losing money, traffic, and rankings. Google clearly wants to see all sites optimized and loading as fast as possible, after all, if you are in googles index, then you should follow the rules.
Thank you very much for adding your inputs. Site speed is related to hosting package. A website on shared hosting will load slower than a website on Cloud. Speed is also related to bandwith. If you have limited bandwith, your site will also load slow.

Gabbar

Credits
One way to increase the speed of the website is to optimize the images we are using. Images can slow down the loading of the site. Personally, I use JPEG Optimizer to compress my photos before I upload those to my website. I think there are plugins fro WordPress which automatically compress images. Though I am not very sure of this.

Yeah, its a very good option and will surely increase the loading speed of the website. Too many pictures and videos will affect the speed of the website and will hurt the revenue.

johnywalker

Credits
The average size of a webpage is around 3 mb. If your page is heavy with images and videos, it will take time to load. Therefore you should never use too many audio visual media unless it is very necessary. When you are using images, you should optimize images and reduce the size.