Join
+ 106 more

How do You Save Money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoviceNinja

Credits
download.jpg

Most of the time, the toughest part about saving money is just getting started. It can be tricky to figure out simple ideas to save money and how to use your savings to continue your financial goals.

As for me, I always do my best to live below my means. Since I work from home, I rarely go outside, never spend money on fancy clothes and save a lot by cooking at home. I also don't go to clubs or places wherein I might spend a lot. I also make it a point to assess the value of things that I buy, I record my expenses and I do not buy things I want but only things I need. I managed to keep 52% of my monthly income by doing this, and I hope I can do a lot more better next year.

How about you guys? How do you save money? Keep suggestions coming as it will be utterly helpful. Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

Heatman

Credits
I save money both conventionally and otherwise. Normally, 20% of my monthly income is reserved for saving and the rest is directed to expenses and investment should there be any promising one that presented itself at the time I had money at hand.

But it doesn't mean that I only have to wait till when I get my salary at month end before I get to save some money, there are some occasions where I get to come into unexpected and unplanned money, I try as much as possible to save a big part of it because if care isn't take, such money get spent immediately.

KellyGeo

Credits
I think that most people save money in their bank accounts and with some sort of investment for those that sees that as a means of saving money as well. I save money in both liquid cash and assets, in fact money saved in an asset form has more value in my opinion because it doesn't depreciate like liquid cash.

NoviceNinja

Credits
Oh, by the way, I completely forgot. If you are a guy and would like to save TONS and TONS of money, then do not get yourself a GIRLFRIEND. If ever you have one, do your best not to get her PREGNANT. Haha!

KellyGeo

Credits
Oh, by the way, I completely forgot. If you are a guy and would like to save TONS and TONS of money, then do not get yourself a GIRLFRIEND. If ever you have one, do your best not to get her PREGNANT. Haha!
Well, you have a good idea there. It's true that most women leads one into unnecessary expenses that they never planned for and all these makes a man to spend more money than he can ever save.

But, it's good to add also that there some other variations to this general opinion. As a man, you get to see yourself in too many expenses most especially when you have a lazy and jobless girlfriend. With such woman, you will keep on spending but when you are in a relationship with a hardworking lady, she can make saving easy for you.

NoviceNinja

Credits
Well, you have a good idea there. It's true that most women leads one into unnecessary expenses that they never planned for and all these makes a man to spend more money than he can ever save.

But, it's good to add also that there some other variations to this general opinion. As a man, you get to see yourself in too many expenses most especially when you have a lazy and jobless girlfriend. With such woman, you will keep on spending but when you are in a relationship with a hardworking lady, she can make saving easy for you.
Oh yes, forgive me for generalizing all women to be only after your money. That was a bold statement, and I was wrong. My sincerest apologies.

Forgive me again for always pointing out how it is here in our country. It's just that most women here who have jobs before getting pregnant tend to give up their respective careers as soon as the baby is born to focus on raising the child. It may also have something to do with our culture. I don't know. It is not a wrong decision, but having only one person making money in a household is not a good idea. What if something terrible happens to the one who earns and the money stops coming in? Then what?

That is why I agree with you to date a career woman, who has a decent and stable job, chooses to work and is not willing to give it up when the time comes.

Credits
I probably would be well off it was not for stuff like food, car insurance, life insurance, home insurance, gas, vehicle repairs, doctor visits, etc. It takes a lifetime to make a dollar, and that money can be gone within a fraction of a second, all the businesses around me make a living paying their CEOs, and I am just getting by because they are getting my hard earned money. The only reason I work is to pay bills, and taxes, there is not much left for me....

D

Deleted member 62

I save money by buying mostly only things I really need,I don't go for luxuries that wouldn't really make much difference in my life, that way I will be saving tons of money annually.

chicnthin

Credits
I refuse myself to buy the things that I don't really need. I always measure my wants and needs. Even when I want to buy some new stuff for a treat for myself, I seldom do it.

Heatman

Credits
I probably would be well off it was not for stuff like food, car insurance, life insurance, home insurance, gas, vehicle repairs, doctor visits, etc. It takes a lifetime to make a dollar, and that money can be gone within a fraction of a second, all the businesses around me make a living paying their CEOs, and I am just getting by because they are getting my hard earned money. The only reason I work is to pay bills, and taxes, there is not much left for me....
Exactly! The truth is that there is no sprinting away from one's responsibilities no matter how hard it is for you to take care of them. One is definitely going to live out the rest of his or her natural life managing those responsibilities till death comes or another member of the family starts supporting.

The key behind saving money in such situations would be trying not to give room for unnecessary spending on items that are meant or supposed to within the frame of want and not a need. This is the only way I can see one being able to live within his or her earnings and still be able to save a decent amount of money.

Credits
I save money buying items in bulk.especially the non-perishable ones that can last for weeks because it cheaper that way. I look out for promo sales one can save tons of money from this. Yard sales and auctioning sales also helped me save money. I don't like impulsive buying so I do more of buying on budget that way I only go for what I really wanted to buy and money is saved.

Gabbar

Credits
I have control on by buying habits and I like to delay my purchase decisions as well and this helps me to save money as I never rush to buy and pay for a particular product.

Heatman

Credits
I have control on by buying habits and I like to delay my purchase decisions as well and this helps me to save money as I never rush to buy and pay for a particular product.
Self control is the only best way to prevent yourself from being carried away with going on a spending spree when it comes purchasing products and services. I would say that men tend to have a bit more control of their buying habits when compared to women. Women can literally spend their last dime on buying items especially clothes and cosmetics.

ahmedo24

Credits
It is very important to fixed your money to business that may not give you cash immediately, then you keep the little you will need and also keep some aside in case of emergency. With this you will be prudent in spending

Gabbar

Credits
Self control is the only best way to prevent yourself from being carried away with going on a spending spree when it comes purchasing products and services. I would say that men tend to have a bit more control of their buying habits when compared to women. Women can literally spend their last dime on buying items especially clothes and cosmetics.

That's absolutely true. I have control on it and at times I feel lazy to shop and that also helps lol. I need to buy a few clothes and shoes but I'm delaying it from a few weeks and in a way it's helping as well.

Valor

Credits
One thing that I really wanted to focus on. I can't save because I don't make much money. I spend the earning for food, shelter, and other expenses. I don't buy those expensive stuff. So I am really looking forward on saving 10% every payday. Now, I am not consistent with it.

Gabbar

Credits
I think you have good plans and you should work on it. Ten percent doesn't seem much and can be done and we can get motivation after seeing the money growing.

Valor

Credits
Actually, I need to be consistent. Per pay day I am saving more than 10% of my salary. On December 10th, I will have 22,000 (in Peso) divide it by 52 (or 50 depending on the currency conversion) to get the equivalent in USD. The next thing to do is to continue this saving scheme to ensure I can save money.

Gabbar

Credits
Actually, I need to be consistent. Per pay day I am saving more than 10% of my salary. On December 10th, I will have 22,000 (in Peso) divide it by 52 (or 50 depending on the currency conversion) to get the equivalent in USD. The next thing to do is to continue this saving scheme to ensure I can save money.
Since how much time are you saving? Are you saving in PayPal or in bank or in any other way?

ahmedo24

Credits
I can't save in the bank, I rather invest the money in a business that can yield either daily, weekly or monthly profits or I commit certain amount on contribution, this makes savings compulsory.

Status
Not open for further replies.