Register
Join
+ 38 more

How Does Facebook Treat Your Business?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits

Facebook without a doubt is an excellent way to keep up with what friends and family are doing, but if you are a business person how does Facebook really treat your business? Does it treat it as a disruption or does Facebook work for your company? Now if you find that Facebook isn't working for your business here are some things you can do to turn that around.

Treat Your Business Page as a Business

You need to be sure that your business page is for business only. You do not want to have any non-business communications on your Facebook business page or do anything that is not business related so that you keep everything as professional as possible; Remember if it has nothing to do with your business, keep it off your page.

Make Things Interesting

Make sure your business page is interesting. You need to remember not to go over the top and overload your page with offers to get your potential clients to purchase from you. You want people to click on that “Like†button, so you need to keep them interested in what you are doing. Change things up with offers, and specials and different types of content. Be sure to be consistent, so people do not lose interest in your business.

Join Related Facebook Groups

Joining Facebook groups that are business related will help you make some excellent connections. You can interact with other business people an people interested in your store. It can be an incredible tool for marketing your business if done correctly.

These are just a few things that you can do to make sure that Facebook doesn't work for your business. You need to make sure that you keep everything as professional as possible when you are using Facebook for your business so that you can be as successful as possible using this social media platform as a business tool.

I think that advertising on Facebook can work for someone whether they have a small business, or even if they just want to sell some items that they have, or to market a service that they provide.

I have a friend who has a side business of baking bread, pies, and other pastries. She sells these at the local farmers’ market; but she also has a Facebook page for her baking business, as well as taking pre-orders for bread or baked goods online.

She posts pictures of some of the food that she is baking for the farmers’ market, or for special orders from customers. Then, she can refer to her business page when she is posting on her regular Facebook page, and I think that probably helps new customers to find her, also.

I belong to several Facebook groups, and some of those are for selling items locally. I have found that this seems to be a good way to sell or to shop for items that I want to buy or sell; but I prefer an online sales website like Craigslist over the Facebook groups because it is easier to find what you are looking for on there.

I do follow some Facebook business pages but not very often, although I think that it is an effective way for people to reach new customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

maestro

Credits
The best way to establish a successful business on Facebook is to make sure you are unique. Make sure that you pick a name that is consistent with what your customers know you by so that they’ll find you when performing a search.

Last edited by a moderator:

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
The best way to establish a successful business on Facebook is to make sure you are unique. Make sure that you pick a name that is consistent with what your customers know you by so that they’ll find you when performing a search.
It is hard enough getting an online business off the ground, and you have to put in a lot of work, however, when you are doing the same for social networks such as Facebook, then you have to do the same amount of hard work which can divide up your time and resources so not only do you have to pay close attention to adding quality content on your own site, now you have to add the same to facebook, and your business will not even see immediate results on facebook either as you have to grow your social following just like you would growing followers on your own site. I would suggest that you get your business up and going first, then you can divert some of your energy on facebook so you can grow your social profile. There are too many shiny objects out there also, and I would also advise that you focus on 2-3 social networks, why? For every social network you are on, then you have to constantly provide unique content and updates, and this may not go in your favor as it is not as easy as it really sounds, so unless you want to ground yourself, then do not signup for any more accounts then you can actually handle, otherwise, the outcome may not be good.