Register
Join
+ 108 more

How long to rank a new site?

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
A member on another site said he set up a new website 2 months ago and was asking how long it takes to rank a site, but rather than posting a reply over there, I thought I would just post it here, why should I waste my responses on other forums, and I can post them here, even though no one is here, ROFL.

It is like a bad pattern with people setting up sites, then wondering what it takes to rank something solid in just a few days to a couple of months. In some cases, it can take well over a year to get your site off the ground.

and most newbies make the same mistakes over and over again, they buy backlinks from Fiverr, WF, or any number of places that sell the same old SEO of the past that did not work yesterday, and certainly do not work today.

If you can't put a well-designed page together, along with a well-written content, then you really do not have a change in hell anyway, and assuming you are no backlink pro, then you are going to have to spend $100s of dollars that may very well turn into $1000s of dollars over the next year or two or even more; SEO is not a one time off, and you are done, and if you want to stay ahead of the pack, bring $$$ to the table.

Unless you are very skilled at all of this, then you have to pay to play.

You need the following:

• Awesome Design that appeals
  • Awesome content that is better than your competitors.
  • Awesome Authority backlinks
  • Anchor Diversity
  • Link Diversity
  • avoid using money keywords (anchor text)

Google does not rank keywords as it used too, and using the same dead beat old tactics of yesteryear will just lead your site right into Google black-hole.

When you write your awesome content and post it, then send authority backlinks to your content that you want to rank, and avoid using money keywords, Google is not stupid, as your authority rises, then Google will rank what it wants to rank since your keywords should already be in your content, Google loves mixed diversity, and this is what Google is looking for, Google is not looking for repetitive keywords like Best SEO Boston; keyword over optimization will just bring on a penalty.

When using money keywords, I am very conservative and I like to use 1% of my anchor text for money keywords, if I use them at all, and that is because Google would prefer that you do not use money keywords as this is not natural link building, and piling up all those junk backlinks on your home page just so you can pump up your DA, then end up selling crap backlinks on Fiverr is not cool either.

A legit site will have backlinks on pages all across the site, and this is very natural to google.

Last edited:

Thakur

Credits
I am here and I agree about wasting your response on some forums. Sometimes when you give detailed answers to these questions many don't even bother to read it. That's why when I have the answer to what they are asking I think before I jump in. I would rather share the information where I think it would be more valued.

With that said, I appreciate you posting it here because I am in the process of setting up my website and needed more guidance on all that I will need to do. I will do further research on some of what you mentioned such as Anchor Diversity and Link Diversity. Thank you.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
Most importantly you need to be patient and wait to see your growth results. You need also to realize that it's a lot of hard work to get your site to rank. I mean ... unless your website is presenting a HOT TOPIC that everybody just has to know and your site is where they can find what they want, then you need to realize that you have competition. There are lots of people who have been on the web much longer than you have and worked hard to get their site ranked. They have no plans for sharing that spotlight with you! They made it to page 1 of the search engine results and they want to stay on page on. Also, you have newbies just entering online world and they are competing with you too! Hey! Rome wasn't built in a day!
Post automatically merged:

Found a short video that really outlines the basics of SEO. It is not mentioned plainly in the video but there should have been a mention of making sure that your website if mobile-friendly. For the newbie this video supplies a foundation to build on.

Last edited:

DigitalGlobal

Digital Global℠
Staff member
Credits
Most importantly you need to be patient and wait to see your growth results. You need also to realize that it's a lot of hard work to get your site to rank. I mean ... unless your website is presenting a HOT TOPIC that everybody just has to know and your site is where they can find what they want, then you need to realize that you have competition. There are lots of people who have been on the web much longer than you have and worked hard to get their site ranked. They have no plans for sharing that spotlight with you! They made it to page 1 of the search engine results and they want to stay on page on. Also, you have newbies just entering online world and they are competing with you too! Hey! Rome wasn't built in a day!

Found a short video that really outlines the basics of SEO. It is not mentioned plainly in the video but there should have been a mention of making sure that your website if mobile-friendly. For the newbie this video supplies a foundation to build on.

Even if you focus on a niche topic, then it would be difficult to rank under the best of circumstances, now imagine having a marketplace on the home page with various types of products, then on the blog various types of topics, then on a forum with various types of forum posts, now it will seem impossible to rank much of anything, however, we do know this is possible, as you can take sites like digital trends, Reuters, and various other sites that may have various topics across the board.

However, getting really high authority sites to link back to your site is a chore, and if you buy suck links which you can, then this can become really expensive, and I just recently picked up a link from newsblaze.com which will no doubt help out a little bit, but with products, and topics that will go in every direction, then we will need a good many of these authority backlinks, and it would be great if we could get backlinks from TechCrunch or some other high authority technology site, someday...

johnywalker

Credits
The time that search engines tale to index you site depends on various factors and SEO is the most important search engine ranking factor. You site must have quality contents with primary and secondary keywords, the home page and the internal pages should have baklinks, and the site must be easy to navigate. Sometimes the site age is also a ranking factor. Older sites are ranked higher than the newer sites.

The time that search engines tale to index you site depends on various factors and SEO is the most important search engine ranking factor. You site must have quality contents with primary and secondary keywords, the home page and the internal pages should have baklinks, and the site must be easy to navigate. Sometimes the site age is also a ranking factor. Older sites are ranked higher than the newer sites.