The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

cmoneyspinner

Credits
Whoever said that “Ignorance is bliss” had no idea what they were talking about. Bliss? That means innocent joyful happiness. Right? I can't count the amount of opportunities I miss out on just because I'm ignorant! Yep! I just don't know the opportunity is out there. I am not all that blissful about being ignorant. What's more maddening is that when I finally do stumble across an opportunity, it's usually something that's been there for a while. How did I miss it? (o_O) I don't know! But I am only momentarily frustrated though. My frustration is soon replaced by the joy of having found something wonderfully useful and helpful to support my online work endeavors.

Whoever said “Better late than never” and “I get by with a little help from my friends”, definitely knew what they were talking about!

This discussion relates to a previous discussion I initiated at this site and also to comments left at other discussions about using Instagram for marketing purposes.

Related DGF Discussions:

instagram icon-1562136_960_720.jpg

Here's my story.

When Pinterest first started everybody kept saying “You can't just join. Somebody has to invite you.” I ignored that and went directly to the site owners and asked if they would allow me to have an account. They said Yes!

Was that a social media lesson learned for me? NO! You would think so but for some reason it didn't work that way with Instagram. My thought process was jumbled. For years I wanted an IG account but thought that because I did not have a mobile device that I could not have an account. That all changed one day when a Facebook friend sent me an invitation to create an account. I clicked the link and VOILA! I was in the wonderful world of Instagram.

So what was my complaint? I mean … I finally had an Instagram account. I should be happy. My complaint was that Instagram wasn't like Twitter. With Twitter I could have multiple accounts. But my Instagram account was linked to my Facebook profile. I only have one Facebook account and so I thought I could only have one Instagram account. I THOUGHT.

I should probably say my “ignorant complaint”. Don't ask me why but for some reason I got it into my head that I could not have more than one IG account because I only had one Facebook account. I didn't want to maintain more than one Facebook account. I can barely keep up the one account that I have.

But then … and this is where the “little help from my friends” part comes in … my friend shared a link to her health blog in a Facebook group. I clicked the link to the post and then clicked the Instagram link on her blog page. Her Instagram account, her Facebook page, and her website all have the same name. I thought to myself: “How did she do that?” I know what her Facebook profile link is and the IG link was not her profile name. My IG account link has the same name as my FB profile because the accounts are linked. When I accepted my friend's Invite and clicked that link it connected the 2 social media accounts.

So I started Googling. I figured if my friend could do that, there must be a way for me to create a separate Instagram account that I can map to my Facebook business page. My FB page is aimed at online shoppers and I share affiliate product links on that page.

In the Google search results, the first link I found was too complicated. It was written for someone who will be using a mobile device. However it is a link that I may need to refer to in the future, so I'm sharing it below.

This link is great if you want a business account. But suppose you're just a small time work-at-home home business professional like me. I have multiple Facebook business pages but only one at the moment that I am trying to use for social media marketing and for generating income. I wanted to maintain a separate IG account for that FB page. I thought … I THOUGHT … that the page had to be linked to my FB profile which is linked to my IG account. I THOUGHT WRONG!

I went directly to the Instagram home page and followed the instructions to create a new account. Notice that I did not say a new business account. First thing I noticed was that I didn't need a phone to create a new account. I could use an eMail address and confirm it.
  • Could I have always simply used my eMail to create an account? (o_O)
  • Did I even have to get an invite from an IG user? (o_O)
Tell my why I never knew that I could create an Instagram with an eMail account.

I don't know why! I was just ignorant!

You wouldn't believe how simple it was for me to set up the account.

Create Instagram Account.png

I plan to use the IG account to build my social media presence, and hopefully drive traffic to my Facebook wish list shopping page, my shopping blogs, etc.

This is where the “Better late than never” part comes in. I would have created multiple IG accounts sooner if I had known that I could! So as of now I have 2 Instagram accounts. That's enough to be managed with my current employee staff that consists of Me, Myself and I.

This is my new Instagram account: @wishlistshopping4u

This is my first post to my new Instagram account:

GOALS:
When I first started with Pinterest, my account was a personal account. Pinterest management invited me to convert my account to a business account free of charge. I accepted the invitation and never looked back. If I can develop a significant following for this Instagram account, then it might be good idea to consider converting it to an Instagram business account. Even though it is being used for my home business projects, it's technically not a business account. …. Not yet. It's something to aim for.

By the way, if you're interested, my friend's article was about Vegetables that Burn Belly Fat. My friend believes in natural remedies for healthcare.

Gabbar

Credits
I think I have two as I created one very early on when I don't have a Android phone and after that I created another with the help of my Facebook account. I lost the credentials of the previous one so technically I have one only.
Thanks for explaining that so well.

chameli

Credits
Ignorance is a bliss, that's very true. Before 2015 I did not know you could make money by running Google's ad on your blog. I was ignorant about making money online. Therefore, I did not worry about the traffic and ad clicks. Now that I know about traffic and ad clicks, I get tense when traffic and revenue falls.
As far as Instagram account is concerned, I have one account and I don't have time to post selfie even on that one account.

chameli

Credits
I don't post selfies anywhere! I'm afraid I might scare people away. :LOL:
I also do not post selfie on social media. I do not see a point in promoting myself. One of the reasons why I am not using instagram is because I do not have any thing to share. However, since sometime I am taking interest in Instagram for Business and I might create an account for my blog.

kattech

Credits
For all the time I have known social media, I have been able to open up only one Instagram account. Though I take long to log on to Instagram, I know well that my account still exists. I also linked my Instagram with my Facebook and its real good to have the two cross post every time I have to share something new. Oh Instagram only one active account I have.

Gabbar

Credits
I think I should have one more working Instagram account wherein I can add my friends from online world and then it would make more sense as we can help each other and can share what we expect from our friends and it may result in helping us making more money.

cmoneyspinner

Credits
I also do not post selfie on social media. I do not see a point in promoting myself. One of the reasons why I am not using instagram is because I do not have any thing to share. However, since sometime I am taking interest in Instagram for Business and I might create an account for my blog.
My people use Pinterest to generate traffic to their blog. Here's a tip for whatever it's worth. Many people post to Instagram and reshare or recycle that post to Pinterest. You can use a tool provided by IFTTT. It automates the double posting process. When you post to Instagram, it will automatically repost to a Pinterest pinboard. Why is this helpful? Because Instagram has a set of loyal users and Pinterest has a set of loyal users. Since neither can be converted from their preference for a particular social media platform, then your need to post your content on both platforms to gain exposure to bothe reading audiences. Manually sharing to multiple social media accounts can be time-consuming. Using the IFTTT recipes to automate your social sharing process is a big help! https://ifttt.com/

chameli

Credits
My people use Pinterest to generate traffic to their blog. Here's a tip for whatever it's worth. Many people post to Instagram and reshare or recycle that post to Pinterest. You can use a tool provided by IFTTT. It automates the double posting process. When you post to Instagram, it will automatically repost to a Pinterest pinboard. Why is this helpful? Because Instagram has a set of loyal users and Pinterest has a set of loyal users. Since neither can be converted from their preference for a particular social media platform, then your need to post your content on both platforms to gain exposure to bothe reading audiences. Manually sharing to multiple social media accounts can be time-consuming. Using the IFTTT recipes to automate your social sharing process is a big help! https://ifttt.com/
I am not yet using instagram for business. I have a pinterest account for my blog. However, I am also not using Pinterest. I also have a twitter account for my blog, and I am not using Twitter much. Most of my promotion are only on facebook. I understand the value of using multiple social sites to gain exposure. Social sharing also gives you social signals that help in search engine ranking. I will check the link you provided and see how I can benefit.

overcast

Credits
I have one personal account only given to some of my members of the family. And the second account is given to the art. So whenever I create something new I post there. So it is kind of juggle between the two accounts. I hope that in new year I can manage both of them.

suny

Credits
I don't know how it happened but I have two Instagram accounts may or may not be associated with same mail ID. One I created on my desktop and the other on my phone. Both of them have a different profile picture and list of friends. I can use both accounts.