The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

How much data do you spend for your online business?

Heatman

Credits
The only way one can actually carryout his or her online business is with the use of data subscription or Wi-Fi. This is the only way connection to the internet is made possible. For those that have free Wi-Fi access are in advantage position, but for those without WiFi access, they are left with the option of paying for data subscriptions.

There is no free Wi-Fi access in my opinion, any business you have to do online must be facilitated with internet data subscription. Depending on the nature of work I have to do online, I use approximately 5GB on monthly basis.

cinderella

Credits
I have a permanent connection at home which comes with an unlimited data usage. I am paying around $25.00 a month for my monthly subscription. However, I am not at home most of the time because I need to go to work. This is when mobile data is useful because I would also browse the net when I am traveling to and from work. I only use mobile data when needed.

Credits
We are in the same boat because I have no free WIFI all my internet access is through a data subscription which is very expensive.I use around 5-6 G data monthly.

Kei

Credits
I also don't have access to free Wi-Fi so I buy monthly subscription and most times it isn't enough for me. I use up to 6GB a month. I understand that some places have free public Wi-Fi for People to use. Although I use a good part of it for my social activities online too.

moh254

Credits
I don't use much data around 2GB on a monthly basis. At times when I go out I usually get access to free WiFi or maybe when am travelling to and fro school I use WiFi provided in the bus. Very soon I'll be installing my own WiFi although its somehow expensive.

Kei

Credits
I don't use much data around 2GB on a monthly basis. At times when I go out I usually get access to free WiFi or maybe when am travelling to and fro school I use WiFi provided in the bus. Very soon I'll be installing my own WiFi although its somehow expensive.
When I was in college, I had access to public Wi-Fi too. Was really helpful even though the connection wasn't as strong. Another thing is how public Wi-Fi is not secured from cyber criminals. I think it is better to install your own Wi-Fi as you stated.

Heatman

Credits
We are in the same boat because I have no free WIFI all my internet access is through a data subscription which is very expensive.I use around 5-6 G data monthly.
Seriously, I feel so bad when some people or some of my friends abroad tell me how they enjoy free Wi-Fi without worrying about subscriptions on either monthly basis. I have jumped from one network to another all in search for the one that offers better quality service.

Credits
Yes abroad most places have free WIFI that one can sit around to use but it isn't really advisable to use them because of scammers but if one have nothing to fear then it can be the best option.I don't worry about the money though but my problem is always with the connection even with the high amount network is still terrible.

Gabbar

Credits
I think that depends most of the times of how I feel as I like to entertain myself working from home. So after few mins I take break from work and start browsing the web and watch few videos to freshen up my mind. So there are days when I consume more then one Gb data in a day.

anorona

Credits
I use mobile data to work on most sites. I pay I pay almost 2 dollars per week for 2Gb data subscription. There are times that I need
to use my reloadable pocket wifi whenever my mobile data is really slow.

Gabbar

Credits
I don't mind spending more data as its quite cheap in India and we can easily load more data if we require and that's why we can spend more time online without bothering about it.

Heatman

Credits
I think that depends most of the times of how I feel as I like to entertain myself working from home. So after few mins I take break from work and start browsing the web and watch few videos to freshen up my mind. So there are days when I consume more then one Gb data in a day.
Wow, spending more than 1GB data in a day seems to be too much. What in the world are you doing online to spend so much data? Are you watching videos online because it's the only thing that I'm sure that consumes so much data. Normally, I use roughly 200MB to 300MB on daily basis.

Gabbar

Credits
Wow, spending more than 1GB data in a day seems to be too much. What in the world are you doing online to spend so much data? Are you watching videos online because it's the only thing that I'm sure that consumes so much data. Normally, I use roughly 200MB to 300MB on daily basis.
Yeah videos on YouTube and even on Facebook and sometimes movies to stay fresh and that helps in proper concentration on work afterwards.

Junrose123

Credits
I don't have my own internet connection in my home since I am just connecting in my office during office hours. I usually do most of my online sites in my office during my idle time since it has a stable internet connection. But when I go home that is the time that I am using data, I buy load to the nearest store so that I can be updated with my online sites at home.

ahmedo24

Credits
I don't have much access to free Wi-Fi and I don't even like it since it public, On monthly basis I subscribed to 3GB data monthly for both social media activities and online money making jobs

Kehsiba

Credits
I use 1.5Giga bytes of data per day. This is because I am using my cellular data for my laptop too and of course the laptop consumes more data. I am having a daily threshold limit of 2Giga bytes. If I watch videos all data would finish.

ahmedo24

Credits
I use 1.5Giga bytes of data per day. This is because I am using my cellular data for my laptop too and of course the laptop consumes more data. I am having a daily threshold limit of 2Giga bytes. If I watch videos all data would finish.
You must be spending huge amount of money on data considering the rate of consumption or do you have free access to data in your location?

Kehsiba

Credits
Not free access we have cheap data plans. I am using 399 INR ($6) plan, which offers 2 Gigabytes of High-speed data per day for a period of 3 months. After the completion speed will be reduced to the low-speed internet but we can make calls and do text messages. Most of the days it would be wasted. I achieve 1.5 GB hardly per day. Also, the broadband connection is also cheap and the plan starts from $8 monthly for 40- 50 Gigabytes of the internet. I use only cellular data.

Kei

Credits
Not free access we have cheap data plans. I am using 399 INR ($6) plan, which offers 2 Gigabytes of High-speed data per day for a period of 3 months. After the completion speed will be reduced to the low-speed internet but we can make calls and do text messages. Most of the days it would be wasted. I achieve 1.5 GB hardly per day. Also, the broadband connection is also cheap and the plan starts from $8 monthly for 40- 50 Gigabytes of the internet. I use only cellular data.
Oh my God. This is really cheap and close to nothing. I wish I could get a subscription plan even half as cheap. The best I can get around that amount in my country is 5G and it runs out as quickly as possible.

Gabbar

Credits
Oh my God. This is really cheap and close to nothing. I wish I could get a subscription plan even half as cheap. The best I can get around that amount in my country is 5G and it runs out as quickly as possible.
You mean 5 Gb? Yeah services have been cheaper in India from some time and there is quite tough competition with all service providers.