How Often Do You Exercise?

I've been doing Full-time Online Work since November of last year and as a result, I haven't been getting enough exercise for several month's now. I decided to take up cycling again last month and now I take a ride on my MTB 30 minutes nightly. Also I go out for a long walk for about 3 hours every other day. Ever since I did this routine, I felt energized and I haven't experienced any writers block. I guess regular exercise has its writers benefits.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I've been doing Full-time Online Work since November of last year and as a result, I haven't been getting enough exercise for several month's now. I decided to take up cycling again last month and now I take a ride on my MTB 30 minutes nightly. Also I go out for a long walk for about 3 hours every other day. Ever since I did this routine, I felt energized and I haven't experienced any writers block. I guess regular exercise has its writers benefits.
Exercising often is a requirement for living longer, it is a proven fact that your body was not made to be still, sitting in an office, in a chair for 8-10 hours per day, and tests have shown that idle people have a higher risk of dying before their time, and it would be best if you get your lazy body off the couch, and move around in order to allow your blood to circulate in your body like it is supposed to do. A TV and a bag of chips will not help you live longer, in fact, you are just helping yourself to an early death; Even if you walk just 30min per day, then that is still better then not doing anything at all, and once you get your exercise routine out of the way, then you have to think about the food you eat...

I do agree with you completely, that both exercise and a healthy diet minimizes health risks, it's just I've been resting and recuperating these past months as a result I became an idle couch potato, spent 4 months just writing and doing online stuff.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I do agree with you completely, that both exercise and a healthy diet minimizes health risks, it's just I've been resting and recuperating these past months as a result I became an idle couch potato, spent 4 months just writing and doing online stuff.
I will probably start walking soon, normally, I slow down a little in the winter, then pick back up when it starts warming up. I also have to say that some doctors are not the smartest apples on the planet, and sometimes I think they went to school just for a piece of paper. I have gone to several doctors over the years, and always mentioned the fact that I can lose weight, then most of the doctors just went through the same routine "well, you just need to exercise..." duh, dumb shit! There were times I was walking up to 4 hours per day, and eating nothing more than a salad with fat-free dressing, and still could not even lose half a pound of fat. It was only a few months ago that I went to a new doctor, and told her my story, and what I had tried to lose weight, then she put me on some medication, and within a week, I lost about 15 pounds, which just blew my mind, and it came down to the fact that my body was creating too much insulin, so she put me on some medication, and every time I go to the doctor, I am still seeing some type of weight loss, as long as I am not gaining weight, then I am fine with that, some drugs can be classified as a miracle drug, and as a result of taking this one drug, I have lost weight, my blood pressure is down, and my high cholesterol is now under control, and back in check.

Even though I was active and healthy all of my life, my heart went into heart failure and atrial fibrillation after a bad car accident when we were hit by a drunk driver, and pushed over a steep embankment.

I was lucky to have lived through the collision; but gradually, my heart became more and more erratic over the years, and finally, it was so bad that I could not even walk out to the mailbox to get my mail anymore.

I found a good cardiologist and he sent me for a heart procedure, and after that, I slowly started being able to exercise again, but it still took me a long time to get back my lost muscles and stamina.

Now, I wear my fitness tracker every day and usually walk as much as possible. My Medicare Advantage plan also covers a fitness club membership, so both my husband and I go there and work out. He uses the weight-lifting equipment, and I exercise in the pool and swim laps.

I believe that exercise is very important, and even when you have physical limitations, it is important to do as much as you can to stay healthy and care for your body.

We, not only exercise, we eat healthy foods and try to spend time outside each day when possible. I love gardening and working in the yard; so I am always happy when spring comes and I can be outside more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably start walking soon, normally, I slow down a little in the winter, then pick back up when it starts warming up. I also have to say that some doctors are not the smartest apples on the planet, and sometimes I think they went to school just for a piece of paper. I have gone to several doctors over the years, and always mentioned the fact that I can lose weight, then most of the doctors just went through the same routine "well, you just need to exercise..." duh, dumb shit! There were times I was walking up to 4 hours per day, and eating nothing more than a salad with fat-free dressing, and still could not even lose half a pound of fat. It was only a few months ago that I went to a new doctor, and told her my story, and what I had tried to lose weight, then she put me on some medication, and within a week, I lost about 15 pounds, which just blew my mind, and it came down to the fact that my body was creating too much insulin, so she put me on some medication, and every time I go to the doctor, I am still seeing some type of weight loss, as long as I am not gaining weight, then I am fine with that, some drugs can be classified as a miracle drug, and as a result of taking this one drug, I have lost weight, my blood pressure is down, and my high cholesterol is now under control, and back in check.
I suffered a stroke last October and has since been recovering, the doctors were saying that it was due to stress, smoking, poor diet, lack of sleep, generally because of my unhealthy working lifestyle. I'm a building contractor by profession and there's a lot of stress in that niche. I was having problems with some of my contracts and workers last year and was really stressed up, then I suffered a stroke, an aneurysm in the right hemisphere of my brain. I lost mobility on the left side of my body and it took 2 months before I could walk and move my left leg and arms. Last November I decided to live stress-free by becoming an online worker and I'm doing it full-time now. But I don't strain myself and I just concentrate on writing jobs and writing Ebooks.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I suffered a stroke last October and has since been recovering, the doctors were saying that it was due to stress, smoking, poor diet, lack of sleep, generally because of my unhealthy working lifestyle. I'm a building contractor by profession and there's a lot of stress in that niche. I was having problems with some of my contracts and workers last year and was really stressed up, then I suffered a stroke, am aneurism in the right hemisphere of my brain. I lost mobility in the left side of my body and it took 2 months before I could walk and move my left leg and arms. Last November I decided to live stress free by becoming an online worker and I'm doing it full-time now. But I don't strain myself and I just concentrate in writing jobs and writing Ebooks.
that sucks, my health isnt that great either, but that medication the doctor put me on cuts off my insulin over-production, and as a result I lost 15 pounds, which I think is around 20 pounds at the moment; I also have problems sleeping, and she gave me prescription for trazadone and a mild muscle relaxer, and that seems to help me sleep as long as I take them about an hour before going to bed, I also notice when I do not take them, then I can have a very difficult time going to sleep, since I have been on the medication, I have been sleeping well, and no complaints, and it will not be long before I put feet to pavement and start walking again, and I also have some type of exercise machine that can wear me out also.

to7update

Credits
Sorry to know about your health issues guys, I hope you get better soon! I try to exercise 3-4 times per week, I play tennis, I train twice per week, and try to make 2 matches on top of that. I also play football and cycle with the kids, so I end up being tired a lot, lol!

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Sorry to know about your health issues guys, I hope you get better soon! I try to exercise 3-4 times per week, I play tennis, I train twice per week, and try to make 2 matches on top of that. I also play football and cycle with the kids, so I end up being tired a lot, lol!
I am not on my death bed just yet, ROFL. Right now the weather cannot make up its mind, one day it may be cold, and the next warm. I hope to start my daily walks again, and once I get going, then normally I can knock out 4-5 miles within 2-3 hours or so; I need to get my body moving again, and once I get walking again, then I can get on my exercise machine, even a 5 min workout on the machine can take a lot of me, and that is mainly because I go limp and out of shape during the winter months, even though I probably should just walk around the house, im just lazy. :)

to7update

Credits
Where do you live @DGStaff? Yeah, the winter is harder to workout outdoors, but there are excellent gyms that can solve that issue. I think we need to find the sport we love, when we do that working out just becomes way more simple! :)

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Where do you live @DGStaff? Yeah, the winter is harder to workout outdoors, but there are excellent gyms that can solve that issue. I think we need to find the sport we love, when we do that working out just becomes way more simple! :)
I live no-where, and every-where in a wold that does not exist. :) I am not really all that motivated to leave the couch, much less go to a gym, so if I live another year, then it probably could be classified as a miracle; Every now and then, I may go out for a walk, which I should do more often.

maestro

Credits
I haven't exercised a day in my life not unless you count high school and that is because I used to play ball. I tried starting right after high school but I could not pick up from where I left. I don't know maybe I just got lazy.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I haven't exercised a day in my life not unless you count high school and that is because I used to play ball. I tried starting right after high school but I could not pick up from where I left. I don't know maybe I just got lazy.
a lot of people get lazy, and their primary excuse is something like "I just don't have the time..." but yet they have time to watch TV, go to the movies, go to weekend events, and you will be surprised what people may be doing when they actually claim they do not have time to exercise, and I could say I do not have the time either, even though I am on the internet, so how can I exrcise, and be on the internet at the same time? I don't have the time!

Hova

Credits
Exercising is not as easy as people think, and getting yourself to fully commit is one of the hardest things I can think of.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Exercising is not as easy as people think, and getting yourself to fully commit is one of the hardest things I can think of.
If everyone would quit smoking, stop drinking, and walk 1 hour per day, then people would live longer, however, if people did that, then the govt would complain that people are living longer, as long as you are paying taxes, then you are of value to the govt, however, once you retire, then you are no longer much value, but considered a strain on the economy because you are not paying taxes anymore but collecting your retirement check.