How often do you upgrade or replace your smartphone?

Credits

Good Day, Digital Global members!

These past few years, the mobile phone industry is releasing lots of phones almost every month. Companies like Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc. are releasing phone upgrades annually. Many people change their phones once the new ones are released just to be part of the trend. Some people wait a few years before buying new phones to have a significant upgrade to their phone specs. Some are waiting for their phone to no longer be usable before splurging on another smartphone.

How about you? How often do you upgrade your smartphone?

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits

Good Day, Digital Global members!

These past few years, the mobile phone industry is releasing lots of phones almost every month. Companies like Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc. are releasing phone upgrades annually. Many people change their phones once the new ones are released just to be part of the trend. Some people wait a few years before buying new phones to have a significant upgrade to their phone specs. Some are waiting for their phone to no longer be usable before splurging on another smartphone.

How about you? How often do you upgrade your smartphone?
My phone was defective starting from the day I got it, and prior to the death of my laptop, my phone has been at 80% for the last 3 days, and I was starting to think my phone is finally going to die on me, then I realized it was not the phone, but the laptop no longer had the power to keep my phone fully charged, and once I plugged the phone into the wall outlet, then it charged right on up, however, the phone is still defective as it randomly reboots on me for no apparent reason, and I guess I just did not want to drive 40 miles in order get a replacement, anyways, the warranty has already expired, and I look forward to getting a new phone by the end of the year, as long as it still works, then I will just put up with the constant reboots.

Hova

Credits
I change my phone at least every two to three years and that is only if there is something on the market that I've fell in love with. I'm kind of choosy when it comes to the devices that I use, so switching phones up every few months is not really my thing.

KellyGeo

Credits
Some years ago when I haven't started working, I would practically use my phone till it dies on me. I would repair it when it gets faulty and still keep on using it until it can't be repaired again. Sometimes I do use a phone up to 5 to 6 years before getting another replacement.

But 4 years ago when I started working and was seeing a good amount of money, I realized that I was just suffering myself by using a phone for too long, so I resorted to using a phone on a maximum of 2 to 3 years basis. I wouldn't cross that time frame even if the phone is still in good working condition as I would sell it or give it out and purchase a new one.

NoviceNinja

Credits
Some years ago when I haven't started working, I would practically use my phone till it dies on me. I would repair it when it gets faulty and still keep on using it until it can't be repaired again. Sometimes I do use a phone up to 5 to 6 years before getting another replacement.

But 4 years ago when I started working and was seeing a good amount of money, I realized that I was just suffering myself by using a phone for too long, so I resorted to using a phone on a maximum of 2 to 3 years basis. I wouldn't cross that time frame even if the phone is still in good working condition as I would sell it or give it out and purchase a new one.
I can relate to this. There was a time wherein I had a phone that has a broken display, I would love to buy a brand new one, but I lack funds at the time. I used it for an extended period, like for a year and felt so sorry for myself, haha.

Well, I guess it depends on your preference, but its best practice to replace your phone once every two years or so. When you think that it runs slower compared to the day you bought it, has an outdated software version, battery quickly runs out, and you're experiencing distorted photos, it's time to buy a brand new one.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I can relate to this. There was a time wherein I had a phone that has a broken display, I would love to buy a brand new one, but I lack funds at the time. I used it for an extended period, like for a year and felt so sorry for myself, haha.

Well, I guess it depends on your preference, but its best practice to replace your phone once every two years or so. When you think that it runs slower compared to the day you bought it, has an outdated software version, battery quickly runs out, and you're experiencing distorted photos, it's time to buy a brand new one.
I never upgrade unless I really have too. my LG is defective, out of date, but as long as it still works, then I will continue to use it, at least, until the day that I may have to bury it in the back yard one day, as I never buy new just because it maybe out of date, so my phone reboots randomly, but as long as it will do what I need it too, then I will not upgrade the phone until it just decides not to work again, and we take it just one day at a time.

NoviceNinja

Credits
I never upgrade unless I really have too. my LG is defective, out of date, but as long as it still works, then I will continue to use it, at least, until the day that I may have to bury it in the back yard one day, as I never buy new just because it maybe out of date, so my phone reboots randomly, but as long as it will do what I need it too, then I will not upgrade the phone until it just decides not to work again, and we take it just one day at a time.
I couldn't agree more. As I said, it depends on your preference. I am sure you are not trying to save money or anything since you are from the US, I assume you are well-off. I am just wondering as to why would you go to the trouble of having a baked phone that reboots on you randomly? Save precious time in your life by buying a new one. It does not necessarily have to be an upgrade, buy the same model but make sure it works fine. No offense.

KellyGeo

Credits

Yeah, the maximum of 2 to 3 years usage of a particular phone device is long enough to have one device on constant tasks. When the phone's efficiency is still high, it makes the phone more enjoyable but when such efficiency drops, the phone would become unbearable to use.

Well, just like I mentioned earlier, funds are the major deciding factor in one's ability to replacing one's phone. If there are more funds available, I certainly believe everyone would love to upgrade their gadgets once every 3 years.