The Future Is Here!
Digital Global℠ Forum

Register
Join
+ 108 more

How to choose a good web host?

johnywalker

Credits
What are the criteria to look when you are choosing a web host? Is it a good idea to host your website with a big company or a new company? Is pricing very important factor, or the support is more important than pricing? Should you care about bandwith and diskspace especially when you are just starting out? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using very popular web hosts like Go daddy?

chameli

Credits
I am with namecheap. I chose namecheap because it accepted bitcoin payment. Since I did not have paypal back then, even if I created paypal I did not have a way to upload funds, I wanted a a host that accepted payment that were available to me. Thus, I chose namecheap.

johnywalker

Credits
I asked the question because I am planning to launch an ecommerce site and I do not know anything about web hosting. I believe price is very important. When you are just starting out, you do not want to spend a lot of money on the site because you don't know whether it will succeed or not. Another important factor is the reputation of the company. I do not want yo be with a company that anyone does not know.