How to Come Up with Blog Topics When You Are Out of Ideas

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
Rate Post
5.00 star(s)
Writing a blog can be a lot of work, especially when coming up with fresh ideas for new blog posts. What happens though when you are out of ideas for new blog posts? Here are a few suggestions to help you come up with some new ideas.

You Can Do a Case Study

Doing a case study is a great idea as it takes only a bit of effort on your part. You can contact someone that you have helped with your products or services in the past and set up an interview. In your interview, you will want to state how you met them, how you helped them and what the outcome was of helping them. It's that simple and then you have a new blog post, and you may find that some of your blog posts have come from your own past experiences and from others in your niche also.

Try Something You Have Not Done Before

If you are truly out of ideas for new blog posts you should think about doing something you have not done before. Hold a contest. Do a video tutorial or show off some pictures of behind the scenes of your business. Doing something you have never done before is a great way to come up with new ideas for your blog. It can take a creative mind to come up with something new, while it may be good to do in-depth research on your topics, never steal someone else's work while doing your own research.

Let Someone Else do the Writing

Not being able to come up with ideas for your blog can be a problem. You can solve that problem by having someone write a guest post for your blog. You simply contact someone who works in the same niche as you and ask them to write a post for you. It is a great way to make sure you have something to post on your blog and it gives the guest poster a way to promote their blog as well and be careful about who you hire, there are many people on the web claiming to be the best writer, however, you often find out once you have paid for your content that it might just be the worst content that you have ever purchased in your life, and you truly get what you pay for.

Coming up with new ideas for a blog can be difficult however if you put your mind to it you can think of ways to come up with fresh new ideas that will help keep your blog going. Running a blog is not an easy thing to do, and in order to run a successful blog, then the blog owner most likely has done hours and hours of research and writing, and this include coming up with an appropriate title, charts, graphics, and videos in order to enhance their blog post; Simple plain text just doesn't cut it anymore, so keep this in mind if you are considering setting up a blog, it is easier said then done.

KellyGeo

Credits
I read somewhere online about using Google alerts as a channel to generate content ideas and topics. If Google can provide the necessary tips on the required content that is needed by people, such content when developed would definitely get lots of readers taking interest in it.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
I read somewhere online about using Google alerts as a channel to generate content ideas and topics. If Google can provide the necessary tips on the required content that is needed by people, such content when developed would definitely get lots of readers taking interest in it.
I think google alerts and keep you informed when something changes on the site, other then that, I do not know everything that Google alerts can do, however, if google alerts can provide you with content ideas, then I suppose there is nothing wrong with that; you can also search your niche, and come up with something that way, however, I am not sure that would be the best way, but it would be a good start as long as you just stay on topic.

KellyGeo

Credits
I think google alerts and keep you informed when something changes on the site, other then that, I do not know everything that Google alerts can do, however, if google alerts can provide you with content ideas, then I suppose there is nothing wrong with that; you can also search your niche, and come up with something that way, however, I am not sure that would be the best way, but it would be a good start as long as you just stay on topic.
The way which I'm seeing it, if Google alerts can really provide content ideas, then it's definitely worth trying out. I have checked out the veracity of that information but I will certainly make sure to do that because new content ideas helps a lot in any site.

Heatman

Credits
There are lots of sources where one can generate blog content ideas when it seems that one has run out of new ideas. They include ;

Setting up Google Alerts using google.com/alerts

Seeking out new content ideas through the local newspapers

Through Radio talk shows

Basing the content topics to be a seasonal context

There are so many ways through which one can generate content ideas, what it mostly requires is paying enough attention to pick out an idea from an event happening at any moment in time.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
There are lots of sources where one can generate blog content ideas when it seems that one has run out of new ideas. They include ;

Setting up Google Alerts using google.com/alerts

Seeking out new content ideas through the local newspapers

Through Radio talk shows

Basing the content topics to be a seasonal context

There are so many ways through which one can generate content ideas, what it mostly requires is paying enough attention to pick out an idea from an event happening at any moment in time.
Seems like you are going the extra mile just to research topic ideas, if you already have a lead on your niche, then it would be obvious to search google, if you do not know what niche yet, then you need to do some research on popular niches that have been proven to convert or make money.

Heatman

Credits
Seems like you are going the extra mile just to research topic ideas, if you already have a lead on your niche, then it would be obvious to search google, if you do not know what niche yet, then you need to do some research on popular niches that have been proven to convert or make money.
".... Seems like you are going the extra mile just to research topic ideas..."

As long as it gives one a good indepth towards getting good topic ideas for one's niche, then I would say that going the extra mile is worth every time given in the process.

DGStaff

DG Staff
Staff member
Credits
".... Seems like you are going the extra mile just to research topic ideas..."

As long as it gives one a good indepth towards getting good topic ideas for one's niche, then I would say that going the extra mile is worth every time given in the process.
sure, go the extra mile, and create some new business/money related topics for the forum.
:)